1351 replies to this topic

#856 themonk3y

themonk3y

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

As per Human Centipede, my friends all had a viewing of it the other week. I wasn't able to make it unfortunately. They said it was just another generic "horror" slasher gore flick. I don't know what else they wanted out of it given the subject matter but whatever. I'm not a big fan of the "horror" genre so I probably wouldn't have liked it all that much.

I hate movies like the Saw series. Gore and blood doesn't make a horror movie, nor a good one. In my opinion "Pitch Black" is a better horror movie than any that have been released in the last 5 years. Suspense and the manipulation of that is horror at its best. Not someone chopping off their arm to get away from some crazy guy in a mask.

Edit: Shane was what MADE season 5 of Weeds watchable. Definitely gonna watch the new season when it starts hoping that things get back on track. I LOVED seasons 1-4 some I'm hoping for more of that.

PROVE IT ASS BUTT

#857 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Ninja Assassin
Awesome action scenes, the CG blood splashes just right. In between fights was about on par with a JCVD movie (ie, not good.) Still totally worth a watch.

District 13: Ultimatum
Totally not as good as the first. Needed less fighting and more parkour. Still fun to return to that little universe. I also liked all of the different gang bosses.

Fright Night
Holy fucking 80s. I remember thinking "I loved this movie when I was a kid." Watching it again, all I could think was "everyone's really fucking annoying and I can't believe I'm watching Prince Humperdink make out with Marcy from Married With Children."

Also, Human Centipede will be playing at Madcap starting June 3rd, according to moviefone.com.

#858 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

Ninja Assassin
Awesome action scenes, the CG blood splashes just right. In between fights was about on par with a JCVD movie (ie, not good.) Still totally worth a watch.

I don't think I'm the type that usually goes for these types of movies (whatever that even means), but I really dug this one. Good fun...

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#859 Ninjaneer

Ninjaneer

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

Strings - An almost Shakespearean story told using marionettes. Could not have loved it more.
Videodrome
ExistenZ
Eastern Promises

I was in a Cronenberg mood this weekend.
I saved latin. What did you ever do?

#860 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

Strings - An almost Shakespearean story told using marionettes. Could not have loved it more.
Videodrome
ExistenZ
Eastern Promises

I was in a Cronenberg mood this weekend.

Excellent. That's a great mood to be in.

#861 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Modern Family

Only the five episodes currently on hulu. Love at first viewing. Hopefully they won't delay the release of the DVDs too long (OR CANCEL IT - WHICH I KNOW YOU ABC PRICKS WANT TO DO)

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#862 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Meh.

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#863 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Lady Vengeance
Finally finished off the vengeance trilogy. What a great movie. Oldboy fans may rage, but I liked this one the best.

#864 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

I'm checking out that show 'dead like me'. It's interesting but I hope the main character gets a little better and the whole acceptance thing or else I'm just going to get annoyed. The Mason character is a hoot.

#865 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Spartucus: Blood and Sand (via Netflix Starzplay) and holy hot dudes and chicks naked and over the top gore and violence and Xena warrior princess as a red head (and nude)! This show is ridiculous. (10 more episodes to go)

so i started watching this because i saw it here first.
and i like it though the repetitive slow motion blood splatter effects are getting kinda old. but yeah. im into it.

holy hot dudes indeed. i like that they show lots of peen and not just only naked chicks all the time.

#866 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

district 9 is on netflix streaming. i never saw this, so i know what i'm watching this evening...
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#867 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

Ahhh! "Dog Bites Man" via netflix streaming! This never came out on DVD, and I can't find more than a couple of clips on youTube...

Huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMJdeqi3g4U

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#868 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

Double post!

I forgot to mention Trailer Park Boys - Countdown to Liquor Day. I hadn't heard a thing about it until this weekend, so I'm throwing it out there in case there's anyone else that would be interested in it that hadn't heard either...

(Also available via netflix stream)

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#869 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

Graduation Day - great, fun movie. A smart kid that no one knew was a genius helps his friends hold up a bank to get money to pay for a bone marrow operations one of their mom's needs. I liked it.

Clam Diggers - decent movie. Best part was how great Ken Marino was in it. I'll watch anything with Paul Rudd in it.

Ninja Assassin. I liked this a lot. The fight chorography was amazingly good. The blood spatter was top notch.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - I really really liked where this one was heading however I feel like the story was cut short near the end. So much effort in the set up and the closure was rushed. I understand that Heath dying during filming made a huge impact on that. I really liked how they dealt with it though. Tom Waits will always be so effing cool. I want to tango with him.

Up - so freaking cute and so sad at the same time. I want a collar that lets my animals talk to me. That would rule.

#870 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

30 minute format represent.

Archer ~ Highly recommended. Creators of Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo.

The State ~ As good as I remembered it. Some of it didn't age well, others still had me laughing out loud.

Stella ~ Awesome. Didn't watch it when it was on Comedy Central. My bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users