31 replies to this topic

#16 CaptainAdultDiapers

CaptainAdultDiapers

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Shizzified
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

Oh god!! You got to be kiding me. What about knees to the head while on all fours and strikes to the back of the neck, which is banded in Pride and some other organizations. Any slams. Are you guys going full throttle, with no gloves? Not even 3 ounce gloves? Any mats. That is crazy. What if someone refuses to tap and gets their arm hyperextended. As someone who trains MMA, this sounds like fun but stupid at the same time. Too much like Backyard Wrestling or the old UFC.

#17 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:24 PM

There have been 4 so far, I have seen two and was going to do an exhibition bout but my opponent just had an operation on his hand.
There was mention about headgear and mouthpieces and gloves in this thread already courtney.

Mouthpieces and gloves are mandatory (I believe) and the head gear and any other protective gear is not mandatory but definitely encouraged.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#18 CaptainAdultDiapers

CaptainAdultDiapers

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Shizzified
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be too hard. It just seems scary to me if you create this fighting tournament where you have very little rules and let almost anyone fight. What if someone there is macho and takes it too far. This sounds like the old UFC where they let almost anyone fight and didn't have rules and that didn't last too long. I know in Brazil they still have "Vale Tudo" or no holds bar fights. You can tell a Brazilian fighter sometimes by the huge scars on their foreheads from the cuts they get from doing headbutts. It is just something to consider. I do this stuff all the time and love it but when I do it there are rules and an understanding. We wear gloves and we do it not a competition level because we are not professional fighters. You should consider gloves, you should have more rules and you should consider a referee (I don't know if said you had one or not).

That being said, Geek Fighting Championship, that is fucking classic. :lol:

#19 CaptainAdultDiapers

CaptainAdultDiapers

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Shizzified
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:35 PM

Oh wait you said you wear gloves. Sorry I am at work and sometimes don't read thoroughly enough.

#20 Guest_unixboy23_*

Guest_unixboy23_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:41 PM

What - you're not fighting Donald? We moved the venue just for that fight alone. I may have to start making fun of people.

And Courtney - as somebody who trains in MMA, you are exactly who this event is NOT for. In addition to fight knowledge, you probably have great cardio, a high tolerance for pain, an a huge aggressive streak. Most "average Joes" don't have any of these things, and the fighting is really all about making them realize that. It's all about finding out what real MMA fighters have that we (the general populance) don't have.

Nevertheless, you should come watch - to you the entire event will probably be a comedy on grass.

For me, it's all about keeping my waist size under my age :-)

#21 CaptainAdultDiapers

CaptainAdultDiapers

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Shizzified
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, I think I will come. It sounds like a lot of fun. You guys are very creative. :)

It is cool to see some people that dig the sport of MMA.

#22 woodman

woodman

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:44 PM

J E S U S

#23 underlinerscott

underlinerscott

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:07 PM

there is absolutely....NO WAY I am missing this. glory be
this was supposed to be the summer of George....!!!!

#24 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 09:41 PM

who wants an ass whooping...maybe underlinerscott does...

thanks,

the Hazzard County Sheriff's Dept.

#25 Guest_Ant_*

Guest_Ant_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2003 - 07:48 AM

No worries Ryan, there is still a few weeks and I truly only need one hand to take care of Donald. So, please don't count me just yet! :ph34r:

#26 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:15 AM

I just don't want you crying like a little baby girl Ant.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#27 Guest_unixboy23_*

Guest_unixboy23_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2003 - 02:18 AM

Well, I guess theshizz is not the place to advertise the GFC.

We got no new participants from all this publicity.

I did get 4 more fighters by sending a girl out to recruit - we'll see if they show though. I can imagine telling a pretty girl you are man enough to fight, then not showing up at the last minute :-)

#28 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:11 AM

we are mostly lovers not fighters

I am down with fighting, but Ant is such a baby I would feel like I was beating up my little sister.
And he is afraid of me too.

Ben and Marty said they would do it, but I haven't talked to them about it lately.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#29 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:50 AM

I wouldn't recommend messing with Marty...Sure he is skinny and sure he graduated high school about 2 years before your parents did but he can kick some ass. He has some pent up anger that only people that he has fired from his band have witnessed. I have one word that describes his brand of anger....."POSTAL"

#30 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:56 PM

are my throwing stars legal?

if so, count me in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users