29 replies to this topic

#16 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

a show on the 16th, it's not walking distance from the Clarendon, but I can come pick you up if you wanna hang out.

That'd be cool! I'll try not to be a complete bore :lol:

EDIT: I dunno, by the time I fly in and get the to the hotel, might be 8:30, 9 before I'm ready. I'll msg you about it when it's closer to the date.

We should hang out anyway even if it's a different day. Message me when you get in and I'll show you some of the sights!

Edit: Shizzie get-together at Papago, anyone?

#17 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

I still haven't made any plans for next week lol. Guess now that I'm over this flu I should work on that

#18 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

Shizzie get-together at Papago, anyone?

#19 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

Guess I'll pack my can o' worms :unsure:

#20 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Shizzie get-together at Papago, anyone?

YES!

when?

#21 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

So wait, now 2 cool chicks want to hang out with me?!? *blush*

This is either gonna be an awesome weekend or I'm gonna make a complete ass of myself

Hey, while I'm bumping... is there any sports bars I might be able to catch a Mariners game while I'm down? Thinking it might be cool to hit a sports bar one night.

Oh, and this Papago... are we talking:
* http://www.papagobrewing.com/ ?

Cause I'm totally down with that.

#22 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

That's the place! Their pizza is tasty as hell, too.

I should probably make another thread about this. What dates are you gonna be in town again?

#23 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

I fly in late on Thursday the 16th, leave the morning of the 20th. Like I said earlier, Thursday is probably bad. I'm probably just gonna want to get my bearings and hit a bar. But my weekend is wide open

#24 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:33 AM

There's a lot of good stuff going on, in addition to some sweet bars, while you're in town.

Thursday - July 16th: The Andrew Jackson Jihad (http://andrewjacksonjihad.com) CD release & tour kickoff show @ The Trunk Space (http://thetrunkspace.com). You can catch one of downtown's most beloved bands in one of the best venues for indie shows. It will be sweaty, but fun!

Friday - If you like folksy / singer-songwriter stuff at all, Michelle Blades and Male Pattern Radness (who skew toward comedy more than folks) have a free show @ Conspire on 5th St & Garfield (close to the light rail). The Firehouse (1st St & Roosevelt, super-close to light rail) have FireStage, which is like an open mic but better - it's more like a variety show.

Saturday - Is the Hi My Name is Ryan / Pillowfort Tour kickoff @ Trunk Space. Ryan is the subject of the doc Hi My Name is Ryan (http://himynameisryan.com) and Pillowfort is a personal monologue / sound / neat thing project. It will definitely be something different, but I think unique to Phoenix.

Sunday - Mig's doing his NOVA dj night @ Yucca Tap Room (which you should experience anyway).

I honestly don't know where people really catch baseball games on TV in sportsbar-like atmospheres in downtown. Majerle's (3rd St & Washington)? Alice Cooper'stown? If all else fails, there's always Hooters at Arizona Center.

Oh yeah, if you're at the Clarendon, I've heard good things about their newish restaurant, Gallo Blanco. Also, they have a pretty sweet pool and I believe they have DJs out there playing often.

If you're in the mood for any improv comedy, we (http://thetorchtheatre.com) have shows on Thursday (probably too early), Friday, and Saturday. If you're interested, message me here & I'll comp you + 1 for whatever show you can make (and any Shizz folks you bring can get in 2-for-1).

There are so many fun bars / eateries in downtown: Bikini Lounge, Lost Leaf, Ruby Room (which often has live music), George and Dragon, Rose and Crown, Lolo's Chicken and Waffles, Fez, Switch (excellent brunch), La Tolteca, etc.

Also: YOU HAVE A FUCKING MATHMAN AVATAR!
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#25 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:54 AM

^true dat

Thanks man

#26 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

This is either gonna be an awesome weekend or I'm gonna make a complete ass of myself

fuck yeah!

you are gonna hate the weather down here so much :(

#27 urvile

urvile

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,145 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

fuck yeah!

you are gonna hate the weather down here so much :(

I'm not a total pussy, I'll be fine

#28 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Ha, I can barely stand it this year and I'm a native. Maybe because this is the first time I'm living someplace without central air... :o

#29 P xDITIx

P xDITIx

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

This is one of the best summers we have had IMO. and my job is to sit outside in a chair all day, lovin it.

#30 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

if you get a sudden burst of energy when you get in Thursday I'll be playing this show, jus sayin'....
Posted Image

shitty is now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users