#241 JC of Bethlehem

JC of Bethlehem

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

Let's be productive then. :D

How about an outdoor show at a park (for donations)? I can talk to a few LA bands about coming out to Phoenix, maybe (realistically) January. The weather is superb in AZ in January (compared to anywhere else).

We could have 10+ local Phoenix bands, playing all day, beginning at 11 or 12. The only cost would be park permits (which would take time) and a generator (and some cash for the bands). I think ideas like this should be explored more. An all ages show in a relaxed setting? This is the type of thing every city needs, and we could get a nice turnout.

I'll handle the LA bands, but if anyone's interested in handling them on the Phoenix end, let me know.
herbieferbie@yahoo.com

phoenix does need more all ages festivals where we get like 10+ local bands to participate. i wish somebody would organize something like that.

Let's do it! I'm sorry if I come off like an asshole, I'm told that quite a bit.
I think it would be great, we should pick a park (and date) in PHX or Tempe (they are more lax with noise). I'll look into the permits,

Call me crazy but I think this can be done co-operatively, without promoters as the middle man. I'm willing to do whatever is needed. herbieferbie@yahoo.com.

By the way, Donald... did you read my post about the outdoor festival BEFORE you posted about threatening to ban me? ;)

Regardless, I don't have any beef with you, I do respect your board (I plead ignorance of the rules) and I'm not expecting responses from YOU on this board, only people who want to help volunteer to set up this daytime park music festival, or tell me how much of an asshole (disagreeable person) i am (according to Shizz guidelines), for which I apologize.
J.C of Bethlehem... PA
(No relation to the other guy)

#242 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

oh JC :)

You can read the guidelines in the upper right hand corner, just under the search option.
Here is the link as well.

http://theshizz.org/...tion=boardrules

If you have any issues, PM me.

You will not get anymore responses from me on this thread.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#243 JC of Bethlehem

JC of Bethlehem

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

oh JC :)

You can read the guidelines in the upper right hand corner, just under the search option.
Here is the link as well.

http://theshizz.org/...tion=boardrules

If you have any issues, PM me.

You will not get anymore responses from me on this thread.

So anyhow... any suggestions as far as parks for this daytime music festival (and dates)?
Kiwanis is generally lax on noise, as is Indian Steele and a few others.

I have an old buddy who can get a power generator rental pretty much at cost.

The Shizz could even co-sponsor the event (again, I offer, though the impression I'm getting is Donald/The Shizz want nothing to do with it). Please correct me if I'm wrong. This will be a co-operative show (hopefully), not for profit, ensuring only that expenses and bands are paid. By the way, I'm familiar with the Shizz guidelines. They seem to be subjective to the qualms of those administering them.

Here is my solution. What a concept. Hopefully more to come.
Let's make this happem. :D
J.C of Bethlehem... PA
(No relation to the other guy)

#244 Ninja Guitar

Ninja Guitar

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

I hear this is where people come to rock :ph34r:

#245 JJames