45 replies to this topic

#16 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

It also matters a lot what you're into. I haven't played at/been to a show at modified in years, I have no idea what goes on there. The Yucca will hurt Phoenix in that bigger all ages shows typically at the phix will likely be in Tempe now, but good. The Phix sucks (thanks for ruining Trap Them for me). Places like Trunkspace will continue to do well though, I'm sure.

YEA! i am not very psyched on shows at the Phix.

Really, what is the difference between Tempe and Phoenix as far as shows, they are a couple strip malls and a freeway ride away from each other, and most people have to commute across the valley to go to shows anyway, Its the VALLEY music scene. Too bad Tempe and Downtown Phoenix aren't sperated by industrial plaza's and an airport, but they are. Like Mikey said, you go where the show is.

I dont think its the "phix" that is not liked. Its a rad place and a cool room.
Just sayin!

#17 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

It also matters a lot what you're into. I haven't played at/been to a show at modified in years, I have no idea what goes on there. The Yucca will hurt Phoenix in that bigger all ages shows typically at the phix will likely be in Tempe now, but good. The Phix sucks (thanks for ruining Trap Them for me). Places like Trunkspace will continue to do well though, I'm sure.

Really, what is the difference between Tempe and Phoenix as far as shows, they are a couple strip malls and a freeway ride away from each other, and most people have to commute across the valley to go to shows anyway, Its the VALLEY music scene. Too bad Tempe and Downtown Phoenix aren't sperated by industrial plaza's and an airport, but they are. Like Mikey said, you go where the show is.

Just sayin!

I don't want to turn this into a why the Phix sucks, but I can't stand the sound, I like the room/space, but it could use some sound over haul.
just Sayin'
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#18 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

Just sayin!

I don't want to turn this into a why the Phix sucks, but I can't stand the sound, I like the room/space, but it could use some sound over haul.
just Sayin'

Agreed 100%

#19 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

I go were the music is at.

If it's in tempe, cool, if it's in phoenix, cool.

I don't care where it's at.

#20 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

one thing is for sure, it will never be in chandler

or coolidge

or peoria

or SUN CITY for god's sake

#21 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

I only do because I stopped drinking and driving, so Phoenix stuff needs to be a pretty big deal for me, to make up for the $80 in cab fare to get to Phoenix.

#22 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

I only do because I stopped drinking and driving, so Phoenix stuff needs to be a pretty big deal for me, to make up for the $80 in cab fare to get to Phoenix.

HAHAHA! WOW 80 bucks! Damn, I didn't know cabs cost that much!

#23 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Well its more like 30-40 but when your wasted and take a cab the cabby could be a fucking creep and take your ass into the desert and roll you and take all your fucking cash. So yeah never let your friends put you in a cab when you are so drunk that you dont know what day it is.

#24 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well its more like 30-40 but when your wasted and take a cab the cabby could be a fucking creep and take your ass into the desert and roll you and take all your fucking cash. So yeah never let your friends put you in a cab when you are so drunk that you dont know what day it is.

so like every other "phoenix/tempe sucks" argument it boils down to low population density and suburban sprawl...

is yucca going to start charging for shows? the townies are going to be furious.

#25 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

is yucca going to start charging for shows? the townies are going to be furious.

I believe the all ages side will have a cover charge to pay bands. Though I would love to see the playing field leveled across the board.

#26 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

tops Liquor just opened a wine and beer bar next to the store, i'm going to see if cagematch can play there.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#27 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

That, or you need to get back home at the end of the night...

$35-40 one way.

#28 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

tops Liquor just opened a wine and beer bar next to the store, i'm going to see if cagematch can play there.

I need to go there.

#29 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

That, or you need to get back home at the end of the night...

$35-40 one way.

Oh dang yeah In my FACE! youre right.

I didnt think about that. Well crap! I think I should start a cab company and give hecka big discounts to shizz members!

#30 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Why you wont get much business driving back and forth between Trunk Space and Bikini...

...zing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users