#31 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

I go were the music is at.

If it's in tempe, cool, if it's in phoenix, cool.

I don't care where it's at.

I only do because I stopped drinking and driving, so Phoenix stuff needs to be a pretty big deal for me, to make up for the $80 in cab fare to get to Phoenix.

HAHAHA! WOW 80 bucks! Damn, I didn't know cabs cost that much!

Well its more like 30-40 but when your wasted and take a cab the cabby could be a fucking creep and take your ass into the desert and roll you and take all your fucking cash. So yeah never let your friends put you in a cab when you are so drunk that you dont know what day it is.

That, or you need to get back home at the end of the night...

$35-40 one way.

Oh dang yeah In my FACE! youre right.

I didnt think about that. Well crap! I think I should start a cab company and give hecka big discounts to shizz members!

DO IT UP!!!

#32 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

hey, when yer young and can burn the midnight oil, do it. see shows, whether it be in phx, tempe, mesa, bisbee, flag, tucson, prescott, friends living rooms, backyard jubilee's, etc..etc.. this hack from the new times don't know shit. you can smell it in his writing. he is trying to be controversial but it is such a lame attempt. on a side note, i've always thought that any writer who says 'in my opinion, i think so and so was the most talented musician this town has ever had', is so self-serving it makes me cringe. on another side note, so what if musicians leave the valley, who cares. oh no, that one guy/gal left for NYC, what will we ever do - sob, sob... get over it. i think people, (mainly artists), take too much stock in what other people are doing that they lose that fire for what they should be doing - does that make sense? as for the clubs that cater to artists and which ones are great and this and that, it will always be an ongoing debate - it will never die - a pissing contest for the ages. shit, tempe went downhill when 6 east went under, not when long wong's was turned into a parking lot for hummers and escalades. in closing, this guys article was a lame attempt to pump some blood in a heart that's been dead for quite sometime. on another side note, congrats to the yucca expansion!

#33 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

It seems like this guy is just chastising those that happen to enjoy the shows that take place downtown. And surprisingly, he's getting the response he wants. Who the fuck is Martin Shizzmore anyway? Does he go to shows downtown? Will he be at Shizzfest?

I'm not one to hype The Phix either but they have been getting rad shows there. Torche, Wolves in the Throneroom, Off With their Heads, just to name a few.

#34 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Yeah we played a show at phix a while back with ponytail and i thought it was awesome. everyone was friendly with us and ponytail kicked fucking ass!

#35 psykosteve

psykosteve

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

Get your own downtown is over shirts:

Posted Image

www.downtownisovah.com

#36 hunter gather

hunter gather

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

It seems like this guy is just chastising those that happen to enjoy the shows that take place downtown. And surprisingly, he's getting the response he wants. Who the fuck is Martin Shizzmore anyway? Does he go to shows downtown? Will he be at Shizzfest?

I'm not one to hype The Phix either but they have been getting rad shows there. Torche, Wolves in the Throneroom, Off With their Heads, just to name a few.

I had a lot of fun at that off with their heads show and dear landlord fucking KILLED! The Ergs show there the year before was awesome too. It was the first time I'd ever seen them, then they broke up like a month later.

I don't really notice sound issues when I'm listening to other bands anyway, unless it's completely awful. It's just cool being there and being pumped.

#37 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

not everyone at new times agrees with martin Shizzmore.

yeah, so what if it's a plug for shizzfest? SO WHAT?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#38 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

If a band or artist I wanted to see got boooked at a gas station in Gilbert guess what!?
Im going!

do you know of any gas stations in gilbert that book shows? we're trying to set something up...
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#39 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

http://blogs.phoenix...llowing_the.php
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#40 TPStank

TPStank

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

I bought that shirt this weekend.
Hey you, post your shows on AZPunk.com

Posted Image

#41 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

I bought that shirt this weekend.

wear it on the tlc show and be like.. "well yeah.. but we wanna live here anyway.." ha!

#42 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

this all seems like a bunch of drama raising!

#43 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

this all seems like a bunch of drama raising!

i heard on the radio this morning that john and kate plus 8 only has a few more episodes.. so we gotta start making our own dramatic entertainment!

#44 TPStank

TPStank

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

Dude, this is AZ. When is there not drama rising? This is the most dramatic state in the union.
Hey you, post your shows on AZPunk.com

Posted Image

#45 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

Arizona: The Dramatic State

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users