251 replies to this topic

#76 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

We're starting with a realtor that we both feel good about, but shall see if she listens fully and discloses things we should know.

our realtor was a badass! if your's doesn't come through for you, hit up christie at http://www.therealestatetwins.com/ she's a third generation realtor and knows her shit. plus she's cool as fuck. and again, if anyone needs a home inspection dude, my uncle does'em. i don't know if he's cheap or anything but he's in demand so i know he knows his shit as well. he owns http://integrityoneh...nspections.com/

i don't get any kickbacks for referring people to either but we used both and were way more than satisfied.

sidenote.. went out of town on vacation for over a week and came home today to nothing having been fucked with. win.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#77 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

We might end up just renting out our old place.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#78 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Two and a half weeks until closing and I find out that my lender's salesperson is changing/has changed my loan type without telling anyone else (like me, or maybe my processor). Hi-larious.

This isn't even close to his first fuck up either, just the most egregious...

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#79 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

bummer town RJL

anyone know of good cinder block wall building guys that will do work in central phx?

#80 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

bummer town RJL

anyone know of good cinder block wall building guys that will do work in central phx?

I'm looking to have a block wall built, too, so if you get a good lead please let me know. Just this morning I fired off a couple emails to some guys who have landscaping businesses to see if they had any recommendations. Will let you know if I learn anything.

#81 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

bummer town RJL

that same real estate agent that i've suggested on this thread to some people said she got an awesome deal a little while back when she had hers put up. i can check and see who she went through and let ya know.

#82 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

This guy got really good reviews on Kudzu. I talked to him a little bit about extending our garage so we can build a soundproof practice space in there. He sounds very knowledgeable.

Tony Brice
B.Ann Builders LLC
602-920-1614
b.annbuilders@cox.net

#83 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

awesome thanks!

#84 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Anyone have any local homeowners insurance agent people they like enough to recommend?

Edit: Nvm, got one

Thx!

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#85 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

that same real estate agent that i've suggested on this thread to some people said she got an awesome deal a little while back when she had hers put up. i can check and see who she went through and let ya know.

john and mj masonry
602-938-2246
the guy she (christie from real estate twins) dealt with's name is juan. he's a licensed contractor and build her wall and danny from north side king's wall as well.

#86 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

So, we got two people having built brick walls, a third wanting one, what for? Practice space soundproofing?

#87 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

So, we got two people having built brick walls, a third wanting one, what for? Practice space soundproofing?

On my end, it's more about 'neighbor soundproofing'... I've got this crappy rental 3-plex next door, and our fence was knocked down in a storm last year. SO hoping to increase audio/visual privacy a bit :-) I'd put up an 8' wall if I didn't have to get a zoning variance. :-/

#88 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

we went the green route and planted 14 column ficas trees. it was quite a bit cheaper and something we'd rather look at. we'll see how well it works out and if we end up regretting not going the block route. the trees are along the back chain link fence the is up against the canal. so far they're doing well. on the right side we have a large family with a good handful of tiny, loud dogs. at some point in the past it appears a low, chain link fence was what divided the two properties. the house we purchased sat vacant for awhile so it looks as if the neighbors to the right built their own block wall. i'll likely be tearing out the chain link fencing sometime soon unless i decide to incorporate it somehow. on the left side we've got some apparent juggalos who have no interest in property upkeep. but they're quiet and keep to themselves so i'm not gonna complain too much. that same low chain link fence separates us. my gf has designs on putting up a slatted wooden fence that she can hang flower and herb boxes on to maximize space and give us something nicer to look at. the mini orchard and chicken coop should take care of the rest. lotsa work planned but it should be a great learning experience. ramble ramble...

#89 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

Generally I hate block walls... but I'm ready to make an exception. We've got plans to mount lattice on the wall and plant some climbing plants - maybe potato vines or gourds. There are some gourd varieties that can handle the heat from the wall pretty well, and grow stupid fast. The wall is mostly not going to get afternoon/western sun, so I think it might support vegetation without roasting it. I'd generally prefer a hedge or wooden privacy fence, but right now we're looking at a rusty water heater, a variety of junk, and two loud/hot window air conditioners mounted on the neighboring apartment. Would love to have that well shielded.

#90 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'd generally prefer a hedge or wooden privacy fence, but right now we're looking at a rusty water heater, a variety of junk, and two loud/hot window air conditioners mounted on the neighboring apartment. Would love to have that well shielded.

i hear ya and it sounds like you've got some good ideas to make it look pretty awesome. if you go that route, throw some pics up when it's all set up as i'm curious. i didn't used to be all home deco dork until we bought our house and started watching the home and garden channel 13hrs a day. ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users