91 replies to this topic

#16 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Okay, it's on! Saturday May 8th in Bisbee, AZ.

we're going to try and get something similar hooked up in tucson the night before (friday 5/7).

special thanks to bisbee slim for helping us orchestrate this. he even brow beat the people at the shady dell and they said they'd work some kind of shizz discount if people want to stay there. final lineups and schedules will be posted as we get closer to the show.

omg! i want to stay at the shady dell!!!! - keep us updated on this and i will book a "room" there asap

#17 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:11 AM

Okay, it's on! Saturday May 8th in Bisbee, AZ.

we're going to try and get something similar hooked up in tucson the night before (friday 5/7).

special thanks to bisbee slim for helping us orchestrate this. he even brow beat the people at the shady dell and they said they'd work some kind of shizz discount if people want to stay there. final lineups and schedules will be posted as we get closer to the show.

omg! i want to stay at the shady dell!!!! - keep us updated on this and i will book a "room" there asap

word.

in case anyone doesn't know about the shady dell...
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#18 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

I want do stay in this one! Rits D Yacht

#19 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

I want do stay in this one! Rits D Yacht

man, you must really like that one. on account of your name and all.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#20 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

HAHAHA! First I didn't get what you were talking about and then I saw my name! How many names changes I'm I going to have?

#21 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

HAHAHA! First I didn't get what you were talking about and then I saw my name! How many names changes I'm I going to have?

as many as it takes, i guess.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#22 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

as many as it takes, i guess.

Awesome! B)

#23 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

any details on this? How many bands are goin? We wanna do it, still. Gimme gimme gimme, i need i need i need.
I still don't have a signature.

#24 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Gimme gimme gimme, i need some more Gimme Gimme Gimme don't ask what for.

fixed

also somebody needs to bring the upcoming shizz comp to this to spread around bisbee

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#25 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:57 AM

I'm not even gonna fix that for you, Chad.

#26 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

wow. sweet freudian slip there.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#27 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

i suppose we all need come more....

shitty is now.

#28 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

this thing happnin or what?

Line up?

#29 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

YES! this is happening.

SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2010 in bisbee, az. hot licks is the venue. exact times have not been set, but we're likely to start relatively early to accomodate all the bands.

SHIZZBEE 2010 featuring
Fagito
The Necronauts
Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl
The Worrymen
Emperors of Japan
Former Friends of Young Americans

and we're working on a couple more phx bands - i won't announce until everyone confirms - and some more bisbee locals courtesy of bisbee slim.

if you're planning on going - whether as a band or as a spectator - i'd recommend you find lodging ASAP! the shady dell is filling up quickly and i believe the copper queen and silver king are two other viable options within walking distance of the venue. there will be many people driving down, and i'd encourage car/van pooling as well. we'll be getting together with the bands soon to coordinate gear, etc., and making sure we don't all have to lug all of our stuff there.

as i mentioned in an earlier post, we'd love to have people make a road trip out of this and come spend the weekend in bisbee. we'll have more info soon, but if you're interested please let us know so we can help you get down there.

in addition, we're working on a show in tucson on friday 5/7 as well - so you may have a whole weekend planned out here pretty soon.

we've had several other bands ask to be part of this event, and while i'd love to open the floodgates and have everyone participate, our space is limited. so for now we're not extending any more invites - that may change as we coordinate more details and get closer to the event.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#30 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

:ph34r:

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users