38 replies to this topic

#31 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Death and what happens after is the primary concern here, if you go in the dirt and thats it, you have that experience in common with the 87 billion people who have done that before you, by numbers your death is trivial, but it's gonna be a really big deal to you.

right.. and when someone believes that what they do here means something in an afterlife, that can have consequences that effect people of a different belief system (or no belief system). how many virgins do i get again when i fly this plane into that building? i don't necessarily find believing in something a bad thing. i do, however, typically find it a waste of time and energy. so it's disappointing to me when someone devotes all their time to something i relate to mythology when that time could be better spent. and when that belief starts to dictate how someone might cast a vote that effects my life, i find it downright repugnant. so when you crank that up a notch and say that if you kill an abortionist, you're going to heaven for saving babies.. it's just straight dangerous. back when gods were first introduced into human thought, it was out of necessity. "why does the sun go away and then come back?" "why didn't the crops produce this year?" must be something outside of our control. we know better these days. sure, there's an infinite amount of shit we still have no idea about. but i just can't force myself to believe that it's some intelligent being or force involved.

on a side note.. it always cracks me up when people talk about the apocalypse and there's this whole drawn out process for proving that god exists and there are still disbelievers and so different plagues have to be introduced to convince people.. i'm sorry, but if all of the sudden a shit ton of people disappear and there's a giant trumpet horn coming from the sky, i'm a believer now. i don't need all the other bullshit. i'm convinced. bring me on up. until then, however... it's all zeus to me.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#32 jomama

jomama

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

it always cracks me up how people get riled up over nothing

also it seems like some people don't understand Degrae very well.
Isaiah 16:11 (Farting is cool)
Ezekiel 4:12 (God wants you to eat poop)
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (Kill your son if he is disrespectful and a drunk)

Ah, the wonderful Peru

#33 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

it always cracks me up how people get riled up over nothing

also it seems like some people don't understand Degrae very well.

i know, right?!?
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#34 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

GOD works in mysterious ways. like slamming into your car one snowy afternoon.

this is from my job. i thought it appropriate for this thread.

#35 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

GOD works in mysterious ways. like slamming into your car one snowy afternoon.

this is from my job. i thought it appropriate for this thread.

Christ!

#36 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,964 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

#37 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

I worked with a guy who had just joined the Army, he kept asking me to go to his church. He kept telling me that his time was short, and that he soon would be deployed. After he asked me to go to his church, he told me he had a sweet Glock 9, and that he could not wait until someone tried to break into his house so that he could righteously grease them in the face. I asked him, if his desire for greasing criminals conflicted with his faith. He looked annoyed with the question. I see alot of conflict between old ass doctrine and what acually happens each day. I like folks that evaluate the people on their screen correctly, by on their screen I mean the actual people that have sway in your personal life. You might surprise an intruder, by taking his gun and kicking his ass, but you will not impress a coworker by describing how prepared you are to defend your home, and then, leave the country.

#38 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

I have to thank jeremx fer reading my shit. I also have a praise for my favorite atheists, they act on their own behalf. They have an unbreakable code of morals because they have made their morals on their own. The worst thing about religious people is that they think God will sort everything out for them. Atheists, true Atheists believe it is their lot to take action on their own behalf. No one is working for you except you, your friends don't have friends if it weren't for you. Very successful people have a "spiritual" or athiest mindset. To credit that mind set, imagine that you will get nothing that you don't make for yourself. If you get in the habit of providing for yourself, you don't need family, or girlfriends, or government, or church. You don't -need- friends but you like the ones you like and you can take them, as long as you can take them, and then stand by them, or leave them. I know atheists that are less likely to lie than Christians. I admire the productivity of the atheist mind. Because we all think people are sheep, and followers of trends, we lose respect for our fellow people. Our fellow people will surprise us, with ideas that we will enforce. We will think for our selves by our selves, and endorse the ideas that have merit. Your girlfriend does not have the power to stop you from working on a good idea. Let's lose the labels. Let's think for ourselves. Let's hope that someone cares about us, and push hard in the mean time. I believe it when I see it, I also have faith just so that I have a faith.

#39 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users