I called the cops on Donald...

#47 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

I think I have some work to do in Arizona.

I forgot Rambo is from Tucson

Actually he is from Bowie, Arizona. Fo REALZ.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/John_Rambo

#48 The Other 49

The Other 49

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

scary!

but why do they have to do that? because the majority of citizens are angry that she signed this bill into law. because no one wants this law.

so stupid! she's not even listening the people she is supposed to govern. she's catering to the extremist right-wing party line in order get campaign support. she's sold us down the river

Sadly, I'm not sure this is accurate. I have seen multiple polls saying about 70% of Arizonans support this bill. It's unfortunate. I don't think they even know the real ramifications of what this travesty of a bill could do to this state.

#49 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

scary!

but why do they have to do that? because the majority of citizens are angry that she signed this bill into law. because no one wants this law.

so stupid! she's not even listening the people she is supposed to govern. she's catering to the extremist right-wing party line in order get campaign support. she's sold us down the river

Sadly, I'm not sure this is accurate. I have seen multiple polls saying about 70% of Arizonans support this bill. It's unfortunate. I don't think they even know the real ramifications of what this travesty of a bill could do to this state.

yeah but who was questioned for these polls? how did they do it (online, landline phone)? what were the questions? everyone is quoting this 70% poll but i dont see any information on how this poll was performed. where are these fucking polls? who did em?

90% of statistics are made up

#50 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

scary!

yeah but who was questioned for these polls? how did they do it (online, landline phone)? what were the questions? everyone is quoting this 70% poll but i dont see any information on how this poll was performed. where are these fucking polls? who did em?

i read that same info about the 70%. it was a gallup poll of 500 people, that's all i know.

but really, you don't think 70% is a representative # for the state? i don't think it's an accurate % in phoenix (it's probably closer to 50/50 down here) but in the rural white-supremacist areas (hey, i'm looking at you, kingman and snowflake!) it's probably 95% in favor of. never forget how stupid people are, jacki. also, i think a lot of people don't understand the bill. it's entirely likely that they don't realize the impact, so when asked if they agree with it, they think they're agreeing with the notion that illegal immigration is a problem, and not the specifics of the bill itself.

in other news, i was at the farmer's market on saturday when CNN filmed this clip. and yes, that's the back of my head you see behind the reporter at the 3 second mark. PM me for an autograph.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#51 Big Jilm

Big Jilm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

I'll guarantee that the poll is not accurate. Just look at the census stats for AZ and you see that 30% of the population is hispanic/latino. I think its safe to say those Arizonans are largely not in favor. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most Democrats are probably against it. Look at the list of organizations that came out against it. I read somewhere that the ratio of emails the governor's office had received was almost 90% AGAINST. That poll can't possibly represent the full spread of opinion- it is more likely an abstract based on pseudo-objective or misleading questions. They'll ask if you think illegal immigration is a problem. If you answer "yes", then they mark you as supporting the legislation. Hey, its a problem, but this bill is a pile of dingo's kidneys.

Brewer needs to revisit her high school government class and pay attention this time. You don't pass a bad bill and then ask for it to be fixed, you veto it until the legislature gets it right.

I used to feel sorry for Jan. She got thrown into the Guv's seat and found out that it ain't as easy as it looks to run a state with a legislature full of right-wing nut-bars who want to cut taxes and spending well beyond what is actually possible. She probably saw signing this bill as a cheap way to curry favor with the Republican base, ...the low cost being her integrity. Unfortunately the cost to the rest of us will be much greater.

#52 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

polls are BS everytime, but I am not sure, but i think i heard somewhere they polled 500 people and the questions where geared towards getting a favorable answer, but anyway, if they did only poll 500 people, the thousands of protesters (most not of voting age, but still) should have swayed her hand, so it wasn't polls that decided that for her, it was politics and trying to appease the tea baggers and nut jobs that have overtaken the Arizona Conservative Right.

Time to get rid of them all. While this state is red as the blood of a freshly beheaded Federally, the Phoenix area, excluding areas like Sun City and paradise valley and some of the more white trash areas on the fringe, can't be behind this chain of thought, and needs to flex its population muscle in removing these dip shits from office via voting/ kidnapping/ransoms. Phil Gordon (all politicians are assholes) seems to be fighting the power (Arpieo, threaten lawsuit against SB 1070) and we voted this dude in, lets keep it up.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#53 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

scary!

i read that same info about the 70%. it was a gallup poll of 500 people, that's all i know.

but really, you don't think 70% is a representative # for the state? i don't think it's an accurate % in phoenix (it's probably closer to 50/50 down here) but in the rural white-supremacist areas (hey, i'm looking at you, kingman and snowflake!) it's probably 95% in favor of. never forget how stupid people are, jacki. also, i think a lot of people don't understand the bill. it's entirely likely that they don't realize the impact, so when asked if they agree with it, they think they're agreeing with the notion that illegal immigration is a problem, and not the specifics of the bill itself.

in other news, i was at the farmer's market on saturday when CNN filmed this clip. and yes, that's the back of my head you see behind the reporter at the 3 second mark. PM me for an autograph.

way to represent AZ tony!! haha

#54 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 7,056 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Opposition to the bill is also coming from elected officials at various levels of government in Arizona. Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon said he has scheduled an item for the Tuesday session of City Council to prepare for legal action against SB 1070.

"I will direct the city manager and city attorney to file a lawsuit against the state to enjoin the law from going into effect and have it declared unconstitutional," he said.

Go Phil!!

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#55 sonofpatter

sonofpatter

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

In response to polls at 70%.

Saturday I went and photographed a wedding in SouthEast Gilbert. At the intersections there were many political signs for McCain and others. There were also handwritten tea-party signs like “Hands off my money. Now!” At one intersections I noticed I was surrounded by SUVs. SB1070 was bouncing around in my head as I drove further and further into a world I don’t really understand.

I realized the little downtown world I inhibit covers such a small area (from Trunk Space to Space 55.) Meanwhile North and East of us are 50 plus miles of subdivisions filled with people who don’t think like I do. While a small amount of us work to make Phoenix an enjoyable city for everyone the rest of the Valley could give less of a shit and are driven by fear and anger. The whole thing just depressed the hell out of me.

#56 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Tempe may be the bastion of reason in the east valley, and even then maybe it is just from the college crowd, I know Sunnyslope where I am at is not hyped on this, but not sure if bikers and illegals vote. There is alot of work to do.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#57 toadette

toadette

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

So I totally might get flamed and completely hated/excommunicated for saying this but SOME of this bill I agree with. This to me could kinda be like the situation with communism. In theory, could totally work albiet it being totally unfair. However, it is going to be fucked up and abused due to racist fucks.

Something this big (and most likely costly) should have been voted on by the arizonians since it effects them most of all.

Spoiler

God is a comedian with an audience too afraid to laugh

i don't care either way. male or female, you're a professional so grip these nuts and tell me they're okay. thanks.

#58 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

So I totally might get flamed and completely hated/excommunicated for saying this but SOME of this bill I agree with. This to me could kinda be like the situation with communism. In theory, could totally work albiet it being totally unfair. However, it is going to be fucked up and abused due to racist fucks.

Something this big (and most likely costly) should have been voted on by the arizonians since it effects them most of all.

Spoiler

Unfortunately I feel this is the way many Americans see the situation here. And while your opinion is valid, you don't see it at work here in our state, and how easily it could get out of hand. It's not that immigration = evil; immigration is what our country is built on. This is towards Mexicans, point blank. There is a Russian community in the central phoenix area i am aware of. They own property and are illegal. This will not affect them because they are not the target, and they have light skin. I am 3rd generation and brown. I will get pulled over. It is likely if that happens I'll be arrested because I refuse to carry my birth certificate because I'm brown? give me a break. This is the first step towards a police state. There are so many ways valid immigration reform could be established. This bill is like shitting on cheerios. Makes no sense.

#59 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

almost all of the people I know who are here illegally are from Russia, Poland and other countries from Europe. Oh and one from Canada.

I still don't see the big deal. Just make them a citizen if they want, and if they don't want, give them a work visa or whatever so they are here and it's ok. If the only law they are breaking is being here illegally, what's the big deal?

#60 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

do the majority of illegal immigrant's not want to become legal?, or is the process of becoming legal way too hard?

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users