25 replies to this topic

#1 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

so the pixies are coming to mesa amphitheater on september 24 - i believe that's a friday.

the wife doesn't want to go. is anyone else planning on going?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#2 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

so the pixies are coming to mesa amphitheater on september 24 - i believe that's a friday.

the wife doesn't want to go. is anyone else planning on going?

I'm going. Just got tickets today.

#3 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

perfect. i didn't want to buy a ticket just to stand there by myself with my thumb up my butt.

now i can put it up your butt.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#4 thecole

thecole

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

i might have to go.

#5 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

all of you just give the money to me and I will start a Pixies tribute band, lets call it Alec Effifel, and I guarntee it will be 100x's better than the shit your about to see at Mesa amphitheater on september 24. Trust me.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#6 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

i might have to go.

Good thing, cuz Tony's got one more thumb.

#7 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Who's on vocals: Frank Black or Black Francis? Or is it Charles-Frank-Michael-Thompson-Francis-Kittridge-Black-IV, now?

#8 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

pretty sure jen and i have to go to this.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#9 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

It's in my area. I may go.

#10 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

pretty sure jen and i have to go to this.

Yes. I'm pretty sure we do.

#11 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

all of you just give the money to me and I will start a Pixies tribute band, lets call it Alec Effifel, and I guarntee it will be 100x's better than the shit your about to see at Mesa amphitheater on september 24. Trust me.

that's pretty much what martin Shizzmore said about it in his NT blog entry. a good rule of thumb for music, or life in general, is to believe the opposite of what he says. therefore, i will go to the pixies show and enjoy it thoroughly.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#12 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

that's pretty much what martin Shizzmore said about it in his NT blog entry. a good rule of thumb for music, or life in general, is to believe the opposite of what he says. therefore, i will go to the pixies show and enjoy it thoroughly.

you know Hitler had some good ideas also, just because his bad calls were some seriously bad calls, doesn't negate that the pixies owe me $30 or whatever the fuck it was last time plus gas. If you haven't scene them, then keep the idea of them not being totally pointless individuals, because a whole lot of that band died to me that night.

Just forewarning all of you.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#13 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

you know Hitler had some good ideas also, just because his bad calls were some seriously bad calls, doesn't negate that the pixies owe me $30 or whatever the fuck it was last time plus gas. If you haven't scene them, then keep the idea of them not being totally pointless individuals, because a whole lot of that band died to me that night.

Just forewarning all of you.

I used to love this band, seriously LOVE them. But the whole lot of 'em can go blow each other in mine field for all I care, the biggest worthless shit bags ever....
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#14 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

oh no. i haven't seen them before . . . probably going to have to figure it out for myself and go though.

#15 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

i suggest watching loudQUIETloud.
i'm a fan (used to be a huge fan) but i've never had
the chance to see them live.
that movie took whatever desire i had
to see them live away.