25 replies to this topic

#16 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

so, what happens live? do they suck? did they play a few songs and then stop and it was a waste of money and revealed them as douchebags? did they rant on and on during songs about their political agendas? i respect your opinions, i really want to know.

#17 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

so, what happens live? do they suck? did they play a few songs and then stop and it was a waste of money and revealed them as douchebags? did they rant on and on during songs about their political agendas? i respect your opinions, i really want to know.

long story short
it's footage from their '04 reunion tour, i sorta knew that they didn't really get along together, but this
was waayyy more than what i had imagined. i really don't have that big of problem with them cashing it in,
shit if i had a winning lottery ticket i would do the same thing they did, cash it in. but the way they
painfully go through the routine, the ice cold interactions etc... it just didn't seem enjoyable in the least bit
it really did cheapen the entire "pixies" thing for me. it's like front seats to an uncomfortable family reunion.
i say just watch it though and form your own opinion, judging by the reviews people really dug it. it's available on netflix
instant watch if you're into that kinda thing.

oh also, kim stopped being hot when she quit drugs. a bummer for the teen crush in me.

#18 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

fuck the naysayers. go for yerself and you decide. i went last time and had a blast. i thought they sounded great. i am soooooo glad they are finally reaping some cash rewards. i saw loudquietloud and thought it was a great movie. who really cares if they like each other or not. i think there needs to be some tension between band members. charles clearly states that it isn't because they don't like each other, it is more that they are non-talkative people (does that make sense). some people just don't talk to each other. i have friends that i've known 20+ years and when we are in the same room together might only utter a few words. big deal. one thing i can't stand is someone who won't shut their fucking face. kinda like me right now.......

#19 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

i had a feeling it was tensions between them. i saw a little of that with the dead milkmen, it made me a little sad, but, i still really enjoyed it and noone else i was with even felt the tension that i felt. weird. i'll probably go and see and hear. thanks for the information.

#20 The Other 49

The Other 49

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

I might go. Saw them in 04 at Coachella and I actually really enjoyed it.

#21 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

all of you just give the money to me and I will start a Pixies tribute band, lets call it Alec Effifel, and I guarntee it will be 100x's better than the shit your about to see at Mesa amphitheater on september 24. Trust me.

that's pretty much what martin Shizzmore said about it in his NT blog entry. a good rule of thumb for music, or life in general, is to believe the opposite of what he says. therefore, i will go to the pixies show and enjoy it thoroughly.

i think Shizzmore actually knows whats up when it comes to a lot of national/hype bands...he is just ill informed (and refuses to accept it) when it comes to diy culture and the local music scene here. i agree 100% about this pixies business.

edit:is there really a word filter on his name on here????

#22 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

i had a feeling it was tensions between them. i saw a little of that with the dead milkmen, it made me a little sad, but, i still really enjoyed it and noone else i was with even felt the tension that i felt. weird. i'll probably go and see and hear. thanks for the information.

well, there is obvious tension but it isn't like they are at each others throats. now, i do know towards the end of their run, they couldn't stand each other but that was due to being on the road 5 straight years together. be glad they are playing at the mesa amp. don't sit on yer ass way in the back, get up front and listen..... their stage presence hasn't changed since day 1. they are not a bunch of goofballs trying to be comedians up there. they are there to play, well, their greatest hits --> and they openly admit that.

#23 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

where can you get tickets online? ticketmaster?

#24 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

where can you get tickets online? ticketmaster?

Luckyman Online

Also, Fuck Buttons are opening. This guarantees my attendance. Unfortunately, it may reduce the overall opinion of the show for many of you.

#25 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

fathers day gift for myself. going to da show..

#26 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

woohoo! we're getting tix very soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users