38 replies to this topic

#16 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

well...i don't think the story was told to turn anyone on. I, myself, appreciate the harshness of the detail. Turned my stomach thinking about watching a guy get his guts pulled out in front of me, but that's what the story is about. No punches pulled... The stories you hear about prison in the movies or tv shows are just that, watered down versions, maybe intentionally, as not let on how bad conditions there really are. I agree with one of the people asking questions, i think this guy would do a whole lot of good speaking to kids letting them know how much you really DON'T want to go to jail... Better than some cop or public speaker trying to be convincing.

truth!

it's a hard read. the part where he knows his dad wants to ask him if he got raped in prison and he says he's pissed at his dad for wanting to know, he says "as if rape is the worst that can happen to you in prison"

:o

though i will say the part about his cellmate and him doing e and then blowing each other was kinda hot.

#17 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

damn, I really feel like a dick right now.

better that everybody involved knows what to expect. if i was about to do some time, i'd be glad to have that as a primer. i mean, you know it's going to be bad. but at least you'd know what was coming and how to deal with certain situations.

True, and good point.

I just know that this is probably the last thing my aunt wants to read just before her son goes off to prison :(
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#18 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

well...i don't think the story was told to turn anyone on. I, myself, appreciate the harshness of the detail. Turned my stomach thinking about watching a guy get his guts pulled out in front of me, but that's what the story is about. No punches pulled... The stories you hear about prison in the movies or tv shows are just that, watered down versions, maybe intentionally, as not let on how bad conditions there really are. I agree with one of the people asking questions, i think this guy would do a whole lot of good speaking to kids letting them know how much you really DON'T want to go to jail... Better than some cop or public speaker trying to be convincing.

I wasn't referring to the harsh realities... I was referring to the racial slur. If you open your story w/ one I am not interested in anything you say.

#19 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I wasn't referring to the harsh realities... I was referring to the racial slur. If you open your story w/ one I am not interested in anything you say.

"mexican" is a racial slur?
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#20 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

"mexican" is a racial slur?

Prison smells like shit. Smells worse than shit. You know the smell you imagine jenkem to smell like? Imagine that, only it's being rubbed on the arm pits of a sweaty mexican and then his armpit pubes are being set fire too.

because a sweaty mexican smells different than any other sweaty person?

#21 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

because a sweaty mexican smells different than any other sweaty person?

maybe. different ethnic groups smell different. mostly based on diet. so who knows, it's possible. i don't know that i've ever spent much trying to find out. but yeah, i know what he was going for and why you reacted that way. i'd still read the article though. just because someone throws out a slur doesn't mean they aren't articulate or don't have anything to offer. granted, if the subject matter doesn't intrigue you enough to read it then i could see you being more easily turned off of it.

#22 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

it's a button for me.

I have very little tolerance for it.

#23 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

it's a button for me.

not to justify it, but if you spent 2 years in a place as racist as prison it's probably tough not to come out with certain biases and not be sensitive to that sort of thing. i think the "sweaty mexican" reference was probably the least disturbing thing i read in that whole thread.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#24 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

i made sweet, sweet love to a black mormon girl once, and she smelled a lot different, DOWNSTAIRS, than the other non-black, non-mormon girls i had made sweet, sweet love to. That was my only sexual experience with a black girl, though, so i never had a chance to compare it with another black girl, so a generalization about "how a black girl smells vs. how a white girl smells" would be inappropriate at this time.

Also... most generalizations are pretty inappropriate anyways.

But, i tell you what, mormon girls are CRAZY!!
I still don't have a signature.

#25 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

it's a button for me.

not to justify it, but if you spent 2 years in a place as racist as prison it's probably tough not to come out with certain biases and not be sensitive to that sort of thing. i think the "sweaty mexican" reference was probably the least disturbing thing i read in that whole thread.

I have to agree with Tony on this. I like to think of myself as pretty anti-racist, and that didn't affect me in the same way most everything else did. I understand that this bothered Differently Biotic enough to not read on and that this piece is towards the beginning.

Since this was bothersome, I think it is for the best that differentlybiotic didn't read any further cause it only gets worse.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#26 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

it's a button for me.

I have to agree with Tony on this. I like to think of myself as pretty anti-racist, and that didn't affect me in the same way most everything else did. I understand that this bothered Differently Biotic enough to not read on and that this piece is towards the beginning.

Since this was bothersome, I think it is for the best that differentlybiotic didn't read any further cause it only gets worse.

2nd'd. Not for the faint of heart.
I still don't have a signature.

#27 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

THE PART WHERE THE CELLMATES DO E AND THEN BLOW EACH OTHER IS AWESOME THOUGH

#28 larah

larah

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

Ain't that the truth.

You know, during the whole read, I didn't even notice the racial slurs, really. Maybe I watch too many prison shows on Discovery or maybe it's because I'm from the South. :) I think I really just got caught up in the whole "sister" thing and had to google that to find out that he was actually talking about his girlfriend. And the contrapedophile group? Wtf is that? I later determined it to be contraband and not pictures of small children wrapped around drugs. I was also confused on the homiegot. But overall, I was really engrossed in it. To each his own, however. Not everyone will find an offensive read to be intriguing.

But the part about the bj's...

#29 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

And the contrapedophile group? Wtf is that? I later determined it to be contraband and not pictures of small children wrapped around drugs.

i wondered about that one too. here's my theory: he's literally typing the word "contraband", but the website he's posting on changes it. like an autocorrect if certain words are used. so for whatever reason, the word "band" is replaced with "pedophile group" on that site. why? i don't know. but it's not like "contrapedophile group" is intuitive or even easy to type. and it's every time, not once or twice as a joke - every time.

i know, i know.. like a website would ever auto correct/change what somebody typed in. :P
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#30 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

i wondered about that one too. here's my theory: he's literally typing the word "contraband", but the website he's posting on changes it. like an autocorrect if certain words are used. so for whatever reason, the word "band" is replaced with "pedophile group" on that site. why? i don't know.

probably to keep people from popping on and screaming, "HEY! CHECK OUT MY NEW BAND! OUR WEBSITE IS WWW.SHITSKITTLEBAND.COM! WE RULE!" so the hilarity kicks in when it reads "check out my new pedophilegroup." ha ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users