16 replies to this topic

#1 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

I have this song on a burned cd and just can't remember who it is... but its a great song (I think it may be Pulley)... the song starts with a heartbeat (the sound is like an old scary movie, like black and white-like) then a man is describing the situation, there is a women screaming, and then the song starts, really fast "surf" punk song... I know what you're thinking... I don't have the cd anymore and cannot remember one word of the lyrics... so please help me!!!!

Thank you.
Exercise your demons when you dream...

#2 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

the song starts with a heartbeat

is this it?

that's probably it, on account of the heartbeat and all.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

is this it?

the link doesn't work, but I have a feeling it had something to do with unicorns
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

the link doesn't work, but I have a feeling it had something to do with unicorns

fixed link. no unicorns.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#5 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

i think this is it.

#6 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:46 AM

Thank you for your input... even tho I'm sure some replies are just for "laughs" I still appreciate.

But nope... none of those links is the song I'm talking about... its a punk song...

#7 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Thank you for your input... even tho I'm sure some replies are just for "laughs" I still appreciate.

But nope... none of those links is the song I'm talking about... its a punk song...

Male or female vocalist?
How old are we talking?
Are they a local band you saw live?

http://en.wikipedia....ne_of_punk_rock

#8 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Male or female vocalist?
How old are we talking?

It's male vocals... To me it sounds like Pulley, or H2O covering "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" (since they don't sound like H2O in that song)... and maybe I forgot to mention or I wasn't clear enough... the heartbeat is a sound, not part of the name or anything like that...
thank you for trying though.. I'm going to have to dig thru my old burned cds and find it...

#9 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Male or female vocalist?
How old are we talking?

It's male vocals... To me it sounds like Pulley, or H2O covering "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" (since they don't sound like H2O in that song)... and maybe I forgot to mention or I wasn't clear enough... the heartbeat is a sound, not part of the name or anything like that...
thank you for trying though.. I'm going to have to dig thru my old burned cds and find it...

are you absolutely sure it's not heart of rock n roll by huey lewis? i'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#10 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Male or female vocalist?
How old are we talking?

are you absolutely sure it's not heart of rock n roll by huey lewis? i'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about.

I'm sure is not that song... nevermind people, thanks for trying... I will find the song and post a link to it when available.

#11 P xDITIx

P xDITIx

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

I can't find a the studio recording of this song but it has that whole heart beat thing at the beginning of it, not really surf punk though.

#12 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

Male or female vocalist?
How old are we talking?

I'm sure is not that song... nevermind people, thanks for trying... I will find the song and post a link to it when available.

i'm pretty sure it's heart of rock and roll by huey lewis. he's more crust punk than surf punk, but whatever.

you're welcome. B)
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#13 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

I can't find a the studio recording of this song but it has that whole heart beat thing at the beginning of it, not really surf punk though.

I could be wrong with "surf punk" I suck at sub-genres... To me it sounded like 88 Finger Louie or something like that... all I can remember is that it was fast and punk.. hahaha... thanx

#14 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,127 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

i found it!
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#15 mattm

mattm