16 replies to this topic

#16 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,127 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

i got such a horribly awful feeling when i looked at pictures of joplin last night.

the company i work for has service / an office in joplin and i was hoping maybe there would be an excursion from phoenix to there (with further hope i could tag along to help out), but it looks like anyone headed there from phoenix has already gone.

so it looks like i'm just going to head to the area in a few weeks. i'll be able to catch up with some family / friends and spend a couple days volunteering to do whatever i can to help in joplin.

i talked to my dad earlier and he said basically people wanting to help should just basically stay out of joplin for the time being since they would just be getting in the way. once the emergency workers have taken care of what they need to do it will clear up room / space / stuff for volunteers, etc.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#17 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

i got such a horribly awful feeling when i looked at pictures of joplin last night.

the company i work for has service / an office in joplin and i was hoping maybe there would be an excursion from phoenix to there (with further hope i could tag along to help out), but it looks like anyone headed there from phoenix has already gone.

so it looks like i'm just going to head to the area in a few weeks. i'll be able to catch up with some family / friends and spend a couple days volunteering to do whatever i can to help in joplin.

i talked to my dad earlier and he said basically people wanting to help should just basically stay out of joplin for the time being since they would just be getting in the way. once the emergency workers have taken care of what they need to do it will clear up room / space / stuff for volunteers, etc.

good to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users