#436 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#437 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:45 AM

Posted Image

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#438 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

i feel dwarfed :ph34r:

that loretta lynn album is really good...

my current: the kinks - arthur or the decline of the british empire

#439 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

I'm afraid to say...

Arthur Alexander - Rainbow Road
Hoagy Carmichel
Marianne Faithful - Blazing Away
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#440 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:16 PM

Affirmative Action Figure - Peer to Peer Pressure
Foo Figthers - Foo Fighters (the first album)
Channels - Open (Channels is new band from J Robbins of Jawbox/Burning Airlines/Government Issue)

#441 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:20 PM

The new Medications EP (2 of 3 members are ex-Faraquet) on Dischord. And the new Q and not U album, though it isn't doing anything for me yet, and I'm hard pressed to think it ever will.

#442 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:22 PM

And the new Q and not U album, though it isn't doing anything for me yet, and I'm hard pressed to think it ever will.

Didn't you say that about Different Damage?

I want to hear that Medications. Badly.

#443 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

i heard that Channels wasn't that great not bad mind you but just rather average

what do you think john?

-trunkspace

#444 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, I said that about Different Damage, and ended up liking it later.

This new one might have pushed the envelope too far. Not a lot of coherent songs there, too much fucking around, odd production, weird noises...

At some point it has to be time to play some fucking rock songs, you know?

#445 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:55 PM

i heard that Channels wasn't that great not bad mind you but just rather average

what do you think john?

It's weird. Out of six on their EP, there are three really good songs, two okay ones and one that isn't really good at all, but it's a cover song. It's definitely the most catchy stuff I've heard from J Robbins, very strong focus on vocal melodies while the guitars do some pretty off the wall shit and the bass anchors down the foundation for the vocals for the most part.

Yes, Mike. You can't be a rock band and ignore the rock part of it. They played some really good new tunes at Coachella in May, so I guess I'm suprised to hear there isn't much rock on the record.

#446 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

It's weird. Out of six on their EP, there are three really good songs, two okay ones and one that isn't really good at all, but it's a cover song. It's definitely the most catchy stuff I've heard from J Robbins, very strong focus on vocal melodies while the guitars do some pretty off the wall shit and the bass anchors down the foundation for the vocals for the most part.

Don't forget to mention that the old Kerosene 454 drummer is playing in Channels, he's pretty incredible.

I like the EP, I pretty much agree with John about the ratios. A few of the songs are excellent, if you liked the more poppy Burning Airlines songs you'll like this.

#447 miss_delish

miss_delish

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:04 AM

Louis Prima/Keely Smith

#448 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:23 AM

Louis Prima/Keely Smith

ha cha cha!!!! :D
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#449 Peter

Peter

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:34 AM

Attached Files

• Attached File  fsg.jpg   5.72KB   0 downloads

Like it or not, this is a place where we talk about sandwiches.
-Bobby

#450 miss_delish

miss_delish

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:34 AM

it's good stuff!
i love that swingin' kat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users