gbell's Content

There have been 90 items by gbell (Search limited from 10-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#943834 light rail photo jamz

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 05:45 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

A Photo I took on the first day that the light rail opened to the public. Always meant to frame this photo.

#943662 Currently recommending...

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 12:18 PM in The Shizz General Forum

This website has been pretty sweet, don't always use it but it's got me to go out to new places and for great prices.

Found some good deals on restaurants, activities, to bike repairs on here. Like I said, not all apply but the ones that do are usually great deals.
you can also search different cities, occasionally I'll search the Las Vegas one for deals too

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu5738931

#943636 Stuff for sale.

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 11:47 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Have a couple items I no longer need, just been hauling from move to move to move... you get the idea... Time to abandon them.

Fender Rumble 15. Couldn't tell you much about it, never really used it, guy threw it in when I bought my 5 string from him. Doesn't have a power cord. Have plugged my power cord into it however and it works. $20 bucks OBO

Small yorkville practice amp. Have had it for over 15 years.. Ok condition... 10 bucks obo. I'd honestly give it away for a buck,.. I just don't have the heart to throw it out in the trash.

Will post pictures later.

#943623 I have an art show this friday at the Tire Pit Gallery

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 11:24 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Trying to find a webpage for the tire pit gallery but not finding anything. Having never been before don't know a lot about it. Is there a door fee?

PS dig the Cosby Drug Beat Breakdown. "Here come's the drug pusher!"

#943611 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 11:05 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Black Carl on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/iamblackcarl) Definitely diggin on this bands sound!

Anyone have any local bands they recommend I listen too or see? A few fav's I've found so far are What Laura Says, Mostly Bears, and Dry River Yacht Club. I'm sure there's a ton more, so please share with a noob :)

Wooden Indian is pretty awesome if you can find them. I don't know of any online presence for them, so it's been tough for me to find out when they play (or link to them now), but the one time I did accidentally see them, I totally fell in love with them.

EDIT: I saw them playing a show with What Laura Says/Black Carl, just to give you an idea of what circle they may run in...

cool, i'll keep my ears and eyes peeled for them, sounds like it might be right up my alley. thanks for the tip!

#943603 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:53 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Black Carl on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/iamblackcarl) Definitely diggin on this bands sound!

Anyone have any local bands they recommend I listen too or see? A few fav's I've found so far are What Laura Says, Mostly Bears, and Dry River Yacht Club. I'm sure there's a ton more, so please share with a noob :)

#943598 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:46 AM in The Shizz General Forum

currently thinking I wished I knew more about my "new to me" recording program (Samplitude)

#943596 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:44 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Don't have a lot of advice to offer, new to the Phoenix area and music scene myself, but from my experiences, getting out, making contacts at shows, and getting involved in sites like this you're bound to stumble down the right path. There are a lot of great people out there (and on this site)that are willing to share their experiences and help you along the way. Best of luck to you in your musical pursuit.

#943585 Album's out.

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:34 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Don't know if this is anyone's bag but my album's out. It's free. Dance, pop, chiptune, R&B. So yeah. <3

I'll take a listen, thanks

#943567 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:02 AM in The Shizz General Forum

singers are overrated.

shut your whore mouth.

Watch out! He'll fuck yer whore mouth.

serios.

Lol, ok lol I recant!

#943561 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 09:41 AM in The Shizz General Forum

singers are overrated.

#943241 Favorite Venue to play at and why

Posted by gbell on 31 August 2010 - 02:09 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Thanks Tony

And you're not going to believe this, but we actually did a house party with you about year ago! I remember the Emperors of Japan, we played in someone's back yard, David Wierch's I believe, there was a bunch of hay bales all around people were sitting on. It was actually my first gig with the band I'm with now (Curium) It was pretty interesting because I had to learn about a dozen songs in about a months time period for that house party!

I think I went to this show and hung out with EOJ also. Like in South Phoenix, right?

REPRAZENT!

oh, hell yeah! i remember that show. it was like out in south phoenix farm territory. yeah, quezo was there, and i think toby from former friends. fun night. that dude should host more shows - he had a stage in his backyard and tons of space. and of course the haybales to sit on.

I could see if I could make that happen, he is the former drummer of the band I play in, I don't know him all to well but I know the rest of the band keeps in contact with him. If not maybe we could do another show together if you're interested. What's a good way to get a hold of you outside of this message board?

#943233 Favorite Venue to play at and why

Posted by gbell on 31 August 2010 - 01:44 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Yes, it was in South Phoenix.

#943217 Favorite Venue to play at and why

Posted by gbell on 31 August 2010 - 01:11 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Thanks Tony

And you're not going to believe this, but we actually did a house party with you about year ago! I remember the Emperors of Japan, we played in someone's back yard, David Wierch's I believe, there was a bunch of hay bales all around people were sitting on. It was actually my first gig with the band I'm with now (Curium) It was pretty interesting because I had to learn about a dozen songs in about a months time period for that house party!

#943208 Favorite Venue to play at and why

Posted by gbell on 31 August 2010 - 12:50 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the Phoenix area, which means I'm extremely new to the Phoenix music scene. I have been fortunate enough to hook up with a good group of guys that were short a bass player. Since my tenure with the band we've only played a select few places, I'd really like for us to expand beyond our comfort zone and play some more venues. Some of the venues we have already played are The Rogue Bar, Hollywood Alley, The Sail Inn, and we'll be doing an upcoming gig at a new one for us called 910 live.

Things I learned I liked and disliked about venues. The overall feel of the place, how the management treats you, it's location, if the booker has their act together or not, and stage area/sound set up.

So, with that in mind, what's your favorite venue, where would you recommend to play at... and why?

Thanks,

Gary