gbell's Content

There have been 90 items by gbell (Search limited from 21-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#949150 Currently Having with Sex With:

Posted by gbell on 16 September 2010 - 01:48 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Currently in my refrigerator!

Can you reply to your own previous post? Oh well.. I'm going too. I'm thinking that might be a good thread topic.. "Currently in my refrigerator"

Also.. could someone tell me a better way to post photos, I always have to go back and delete a photo from a previous thread to post a new one.. I'm sure there's got to be an easier way.

#949147 Currently Having with Sex With:

Posted by gbell on 16 September 2010 - 01:46 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted ImageCurrently in my refrigerator!

#949135 Currently Having with Sex With:

Posted by gbell on 16 September 2010 - 01:34 PM in The Shizz General Forum

wha!??!

there was a squirt factory in glendale?!?!
amazeballs!!!

squirt factory would be a good band name

+1 for the use of the word amazeballs!

#948961 Currently Having with Sex With:

Posted by gbell on 16 September 2010 - 07:58 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I use Progressive for my auto insurance. I should be having sex with Flo. Although I'd have to call her something else. The thought saying Oh Flo repeatedly during sex doesn't sit well with me.

#948884 Fuck Cops!

Posted by gbell on 15 September 2010 - 10:53 PM in The Shizz General Forum

As a full time firefighter and paramedic I have to say it would definitely suck to have every call video taped.. so much can be taken out of context. But, aside from that.. I think it's complete shit that someone would be arrested for it. I'm gonna have to look that up and see how they are justifying that. Doesn't seem like that's really valid.

#948728 Drummer seeking band.

Posted by gbell on 15 September 2010 - 02:34 PM in The Shizz General Forum

What band(s) were you in?

#948124 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 14 September 2010 - 12:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

FML

There was an upright bass I wanted to buy on craigslist, I was gone to work the last two days but made a verbal agreement to buy it from him today,
came home to recontact the guy for the sale... effin Sold already. Son of a beatch.

#948042 Double Bass

Posted by gbell on 14 September 2010 - 09:49 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

Now that's just funny!

#948037 Stuff for sale.

Posted by gbell on 14 September 2010 - 09:41 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Wanting to buy an upright bass, so I'm selling one of my electric basses that doesn't get used. Fender Jazz Bass 5 string deluxe. $400 OBO. http://phoenix.craig...1952901360.html

SOLD

#947288 Anyone looking to play drums?

Posted by gbell on 12 September 2010 - 10:34 AM in The Shizz General Forum

i think half the bands in phoenix are looking for that drummer. please let us know when you find him/her.

haha yea, I suppose you are right!

#947206 Anyone looking to play drums?

Posted by gbell on 11 September 2010 - 10:38 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Couple things I should have mentioned.

We are an already formed band with a place to practice. Do about 1 or 2 shows a month, we practice around our work schedules, shoot for at least once a week.

You can hear a few of our sounds/ songs at

http://soundcloud.com/curium

http://www.myspace.com/curium

#947107 Anyone looking to play drums?

Posted by gbell on 11 September 2010 - 02:35 PM in The Shizz General Forum

In search of a drummer. Anyone interested?

#947097 beekeeping in phoenix...

Posted by gbell on 11 September 2010 - 02:05 PM in The Shizz General Forum

My link

#946892 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 06:02 PM in The Shizz General Forum

6 bananas!!!!

DANG!

he didn't actually EAT 6 bananas.

if you know what i mean.

wink, wink.

:ph34r:

He (I) did actually eat six bananas! No wink wink about it! But yes, I did fully expect to read a joke like that on here lol!

#946775 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 01:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

6 bananas!!!!

DANG!

I know, It was gross. Took about an hour and a half to eat. Then I had 2 more in a shake. I probably should have went to the ER where they would have hung a potassium bag on me, it's what I would have

recommended for any of my patients with the same symptoms. (when you start cramping from dehydration your electrolytes are all messed up and that can be pretty bad)

I took a gamble thinking I could correct it myself and fortunately I was right!

*I would not recommend anyone else doing this

#946769 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 12:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Whats up with Circle K and bananas?

Posted Image

I don't know, but I'm glad they had them last First Friday! I was so dehydrated from being sick all week and a night out of drinking the night before that I got dizzy and my muscles were cramping

4 bottles of water, 2 gatorades, 6 bananas from circle k and a few hours later felt much better!

#946694 Band Merch ideas

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 10:19 AM in The Shizz General Forum

who does everyone go through for shirts?

I just placed an order for shirts from www.chaosprinting.com Thought his prices were fair, actually beat most bigger print shops, and after meeting with him yesterday

I thought he was a legit guy, so, we'll see in 10 days when the shirts are done how they turned out. But so far so good

#946475 Currently Watching

Posted by gbell on 09 September 2010 - 06:13 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Saints vs Vikings. So glad to have football back!

#946358 Double Bass

Posted by gbell on 09 September 2010 - 02:07 PM in The Shizz General Forum

you want to look for a lot of the same things you would on an electric bass such as warping of the neck and buzzing of the strings, but with some key differences. Make sure your action is good and comfortable and the strings don;t buzz when pressed to the finger board. Also, you want to look for any major cracks in the body, bridge, and sound post (inside the body). If the sound post is cracked you might as well burn the thing for firewood cause it will sound like shit. Make sure the mechanics are good at the top and the bottom (if applicable) Some basses have tuning peggs on top and on bottom. The nut (near the top of the finger board) should be fairly good without too much wear. The strings can be expensive around a $100 for a decent set...the flipside is that you don;t replace them all that often and should only be replaced by a professional luthier or someone with knowledge of larger stringed instruments (there are alot of factors to getting the sound, spacing and intonation correct when putting on new strings because of the free floating bridge). Usually newere basses will be more prone to going out of tune quicker becuase the wood is still very "wet" Older basses stay in tune longer, but can sometimes have wear and tear on the body...thats okay because the finish has nothing to do with overall sound quality.

please don;t buy a fiberglass upright...unless you really want to play in a ska band...they suck big balls.

if you get a bow with it there are usually two kinds - german and french style bows. German bows are larger and totally rule, french bows are more typical though. Both take a certain learning curve to get used to playing properly.

Also, unlike an electric bass the fingerboard is longer more spread out therefore you won't be using your third finger accept in the upper postions (past the shoulder of the bass body) of playing.

Congrats on looking for one...I would sell you mine but too many people onthe shizz like to borrow it and not sure if you have the $4000 i would want for it. (its from Romania from the 1920's). You can sometimes find decent ones for under a grand.

Any chance I could have you look at one with me that I am interested in? Can't offer you much but a free lunch or a drink on me, but it would really helpful having someone as knowledgeable as you look it over.

#946101 Currently Watching

Posted by gbell on 08 September 2010 - 11:13 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Uncle Buck on Netflix through the Wii. Canadian Whiskey and coke along with Netflix s helping this boring evening go by!

#945805 Double Bass

Posted by gbell on 08 September 2010 - 10:10 AM in The Shizz General Forum

So I'm contemplating buying a 3/4 upright bass. Why.. I'm not sure yet, but I have this desire to move beyond playing a conventional electric 4 or 5 string bass in some of the music I play. Unfortunately they don't sell decent ones on the cheap. I mostly want to use it for Jazz style. Any advice on what to look for when shopping for a used one?

#944499 Good band business practice

Posted by gbell on 03 September 2010 - 11:14 AM in The Shizz General Forum

One thing I've learned over the years of going though lengthy interviews processes is to be prepared. Expecting or even in a sense demanding something (a job, a gig at a new venue, a girl you have a crush on) does not get you far. Sure, occasionally you'll get lucky and thing will fall into place the way you wanted without putting in the leg work, but for the most part I've learned you need to do your homework. Find out what it is they are looking for, and if you feel you fit that need and are still interested after knowing their background, then is when you make your proposal.

With that as a backdrop, what would you recommend as a pitch for a newer band to play in a venue you haven't played in before.

A couple places I'd love to play at are Yucca and Lost Leaf. I emailed Yucca a couple times and never had any response. I don't want to keep emailing and be the guy that didn't get the hint, you know? Not sure if that's the case. After visiting Lost Leaf from a recommendation I'd really like to get in and play there also. Very cool setting.

Suggestions?

#944471 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 03 September 2010 - 10:26 AM in The Shizz General Forum

thinking I wished I wouldn't have misplaced my check card last night. Hopefully someone didn't run up free drinks on me!

Also.. Smashing Pumpkins show last night was pretty damn good. It's weird the older I get the more I view things differently. Younger me would have just went to the show and enjoyed the music. Current me still enjoys the music, but I guess as a grown up (crap i'm 30 ... do i have to be a grown up yet? lol sounds funny to say that phrase because I sure don't feel like one).. but as I was saying, as a grown up I see a show and I see someone doing their job, I see how much they must have rehearsed, I compare myself to their ability and could I be that good or could the group I play with be that tight, etc etc..

So that's my ramble going on in my head this morning.

#944263 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 02 September 2010 - 04:04 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Since I don't have a sweet phone and can't get the shizz on mobile this is a future post (unless of course it has already passed, then it's a past post)

Long story short...

Going to see (and listen too) Smashing Pumpkins tonight!

Saweet!

#943951 Band Merch ideas

Posted by gbell on 02 September 2010 - 05:05 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Wondering what other bands/artists have done for merch. Tee's seem like an obvious choice, but after that and stickers is there anything else you have sold? Curious as to what the most unique band merch someone has sold (or bought for that matter)