The Other 49's Content

There have been 75 items by The Other 49 (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1000721 Charts, Graphs, and Diagrams

Posted by The Other 49 on 24 January 2011 - 08:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness

Posted Image

Dude, Swanson it rad. I love the haircuts block.

#993853 Tuscon Congressman Gabrielle Giffords shot

Posted by The Other 49 on 09 January 2011 - 01:52 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Heard that, it was pretty raw, gutsy stuff.
Hope he doesn't get flack for it.
You just know every effort is going to be made to obfuscate the exacerbating circumstances surrounding this.

Unfortunately, someone this morning on the national level called him on it saying it wasn't his job to say some of it.  I disagree.  We need to let this stuff out and I'm glad he did.

#993775 Tuscon Congressman Gabrielle Giffords shot

Posted by The Other 49 on 09 January 2011 - 12:58 AM in The Shizz General Forum

This is a terrible terrible sad thing.  The little girl's story is heartbreaking.  Just awful.  

And I'm sorry, the political parties in this country have gone too far, but it sounds like this might be more about someone who was very disturbed rather than a right wing thing.  Let's at least hear all the facts before we call Palin an assassin for example.  I mean she's a douche and clearly irresponsible and that is something to take a look at, but let's see hear what actually happened before launching into the political side of this.  

My heart goes out to all of those poor people, those families, and to the community down there.

#993540 Live next door to me

Posted by The Other 49 on 08 January 2011 - 09:30 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I am looking for something exactly like this.  But alas, not until about May.  I will have to come back on here and see what's available a little closer to then.  I live in boring town right now.  Looking to move downtown somewhere to experience a more neighborhoody vibe.  Places to walk to, cool people, etc.

#962711 Coco to gogo...

Posted by The Other 49 on 18 October 2010 - 09:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFbf0f4Ch8

I freaking love Conan.

#962703 indiebowl 10/24

Posted by The Other 49 on 18 October 2010 - 09:07 PM in The Shizz General Forum

what time does this start this year?

Noonish

#955671 Fundraiser Show for St. Mary's Food Bank

Posted by The Other 49 on 01 October 2010 - 05:23 PM in Shows and Stuff

Tonight!

#953182 Fundraiser Show for St. Mary's Food Bank

Posted by The Other 49 on 27 September 2010 - 12:31 AM in Shows and Stuff

underground cities :wub:

agreed

Tentative set times:

Saddles- 9:00-9:40
Static March- 9:55-10:35
The Other 49- 10:50-11:30
Underground Cities 11:45-12:25

#951128 Currently Watching

Posted by The Other 49 on 21 September 2010 - 11:59 PM in The Shizz General Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfRSHilLcs

Will Arnett + Mitch Hurwitz = GOLD

First episode was phenomenal.

Agreed.

#950227 Fundraiser Show for St. Mary's Food Bank

Posted by The Other 49 on 20 September 2010 - 01:08 AM in Shows and Stuff

will be adding the flyer to this in the morning, also someone should pin this shizz

#950224 Fundraiser Show for St. Mary's Food Bank

Posted by The Other 49 on 20 September 2010 - 12:55 AM in Shows and Stuff

So, in the spirit of wanting to do a little more for our fellow man, The Other 49 are going to be starting a series of fundraiser style shows for local charities. This is our first one. Our aim is to make them affordable, effective, and entertaining.

For our first endeavor, we are raising money for St. Mary's Food Bank. We are doing a 21+ show at The Rogue Bar in Scottsdale on Friday, October 1st. It's only a $4 suggested donation at the door. Technically, you don't have to give anything. But don't be a dick. ;) And yes, you can give more!!! 100% goes to St. Mary's.

Doors are at 8pm, music starts a little later. We will be going on second I think and I will come back here with a more specific time in a couple days.

Right now there are four bands, we may add another.

Lineup:

Underground Cities
Static March
The Other 49
Saddles (some of you have seen Charles with us before, this time it's a full band setup!!!)

Posted Image

#942626 Stuff for sale.

Posted by The Other 49 on 30 August 2010 - 12:31 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I have a bunch of drum equipment in various states I am looking to sell or trade. This includes 6 pieces of a Tama Swingstar set. It's older, and has some damage, mainly to the bass drum shell where the toms rode on top of it. (I have pictures showing this) They need new heads and probably some minor work. But, it would make a greater starter kit for someone. I also have a lot of misc hardware, a tambourine, a triangle, and cymbals.

I am trying to change my cymbal tones. I am looking to get into some various Zildjian K cymbals. Right now, I have mostly A Custom stuff. So, I am selling some misc. pieces as well as my current cymbals. I would be willing to talk trades for K cymbals as well.

The misc hardware, Tama set pieces, triangle, and tambourine are all negotiable. Make me an offer. I'm not looking for much. On the cymbals, I am somewhat firm (more loose on the China and splash) as I need to make enough to put toward purchasing used K's. In fact, I am more apt to try and sell the other stuff first as I still play in a band and can't go without cymbals very long. Just email me we'll talk.

The pictures below are pretty wide. If you have questions just ask. I have closeups of all of the cymbals, including the holes so you can note the absence of keyholing. (except the ride has minor keyholing and the hi hat top has two small cracks)

The list of cymbals I have are:

20 inch A Custom Ping Ride (minor keyholing) $175
19 inch A Custom Crash $150
17 inch Z Custom Medium Crash $125
14 inch A Custom Mastersound Hi Hats (2 small cracks) $125
10 inch A Extra Thin Splash $40
18 inch A Custom China (hardly played) $100

email me at competicious@yahoo.com

And, because I am a dumb at posting images not on a website, you can go here to look at a couple of the pictures:

http://phoenix.craig...1926623103.html

#942623 Favorite Place to see a band

Posted by The Other 49 on 30 August 2010 - 12:24 AM in The Shizz General Forum

The Yucca is a great place and I love being there. I am a huge fan of the new lounge with even more great beers. That said, not as great for the shows part. Questionable PA for the vocals and odd stage placement make it awkward sometimes. Especially playing there in a band. Also, you have to bring your own mics and run your own sound. And shows always start late and I'm old. ;)

My favorite place to play or see a band I like is The Rhythm Room. I also like The Rogue a lot lately. Sound is getting pretty good there and it helps overcome another odd stage placement.

-Aaron

#932973 Sedona couple die in murder-suicide pact

Posted by The Other 49 on 08 August 2010 - 12:05 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I respect their decision but holy fuck the execution (excuse the pun) was horrible.

Yeah, I can back this idea. Shot to the head seems a little violent for my taste though. Also, fuck you for having a cleaning lady sent over so she can be scarred for life. Do what you want with your life but leave others out of it. Just call the police, tell them what you are dong, and have them rush over. At least this person would be semi prepared/trained.

#919348 rehearsal spaces

Posted by The Other 49 on 01 July 2010 - 09:15 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I like Fransisco's. I've never had a problem there.

#915844 Music to Message Your Mate To

Posted by The Other 49 on 22 June 2010 - 08:43 PM in The Shizz General Forum

some portisehead would be eerie

Eerie and hot.

#910119 pixies?

Posted by The Other 49 on 07 June 2010 - 11:35 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I might go. Saw them in 04 at Coachella and I actually really enjoyed it.

#907635 Teen Wurrwolves

Posted by The Other 49 on 31 May 2010 - 06:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

c) will this lead to more teen girls dressing whoreish?

Finally someone is asking the right questions.

I support these kids. I mean they're weird as fuck, but do what you want as long as you're not hurting anyone.

One of the funniest parts of the original video is where she says gangs are just doing it for attention. Different from you how? I would argue a lot of those people in gangs are just trying to be part of what they think is a "family" too. People just want to feel accepted.

Anyway, kudos to anything that could lead to more whoreish girls.

#905171 I Am So Lost

Posted by The Other 49 on 25 May 2010 - 12:48 AM in The Shizz General Forum

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

Brilliant.

#895397 Get Down! To Brass Tacks, Snake Snake Snakes, The Other 49, Underw

Posted by The Other 49 on 29 April 2010 - 12:14 PM in Shows and Stuff

Tonight!!!

#895105 Help

Posted by The Other 49 on 28 April 2010 - 02:10 PM in Shows and Stuff

Get Down to Brass Tacks has had some issues come up and won't be able to close the show we have set up tomorrow night at The Rhythm Room.  If anyone is interested let me know.  I believe you would go on around 11:15 if my memory serves me right.  We know we can't expect someone to bring a bunch of people but if you want to call some people that would be cool.  We are splitting the door after the venue is paid.  In the end, I would love to just find a band that can fill in so the night doesn't end early for the place.  I like it there.  ;)

The lineup looks like this:

Snake Snake Snakes!
The Other 49
Underwater Getdown
You Me and Apollo

$5 show
All ages
7pm doors
8pm music

#895104 Tomorrow night

Posted by The Other 49 on 28 April 2010 - 02:09 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Get Down to Brass Tacks has had some issues come up and won't be able to close the show we have set up tomorrow night at The Rhythm Room.  If anyone is interested let me know.  I believe you would go on around 11:15 if my memory serves me right.  We know we can't expect someone to bring a bunch of people but if you want to call some people that would be cool.  We are splitting the door after the venue is paid.  In the end, I would love to just find a band that can fill in so the night doesn't end early for the place.  I like it there.  ;)

The lineup looks like this:

Snake Snake Snakes!
The Other 49
Underwater Getdown
You Me and Apollo

$5 show
All ages
7pm doors
8pm music

#893850 Get Down! To Brass Tacks, Snake Snake Snakes, The Other 49, Underw

Posted by The Other 49 on 26 April 2010 - 12:20 AM in Shows and Stuff

Date is getting close... who's coming?

#893696 Finally a product that acknowledges the true intent of the shake weigh

Posted by The Other 49 on 25 April 2010 - 10:18 AM in The Shizz General Forum

She's in on it.

#893428 AZ Bill SB 1070

Posted by The Other 49 on 23 April 2010 - 10:10 PM in The Shizz General Forum

scary!

but why do they have to do that? because the majority of citizens are angry that she signed this bill into law. because no one wants this law.

so stupid! she's not even listening the people she is supposed to govern. she's catering to the extremist right-wing party line in order get campaign support. she's sold us down the river

Sadly, I'm not sure this is accurate. I have seen multiple polls saying about 70% of Arizonans support this bill. It's unfortunate. I don't think they even know the real ramifications of what this travesty of a bill could do to this state.