You should have mentioned that last night!! :o

#137 larah

larah

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

i get so confused as to who is actually writing.

but dude, your dick totally smells. fer realz.

#138 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:32 PM

totally
you're a signature.

#139 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:31 PM

The original white elephant concept was something you already had but couldn't use but someone else perhaps could. At my old office full of calculating, mercenary bastards who pretended to be all 21st-century nurturing workplace types, there was much pressure to make the gift either something everybody would like (movie money) or something embarrassingly useless (last year's Fiesta Bowl tickets, for instance). I guess this made the stakes that much higher.

One year, after a long story's worth of ingratitude and betrayal, I left my post-operative husband in the care of my dad to put in an appearance at this annual fiasco. Arriving at the "party" to confront evidence of yet more ingratitude, betrayal, ineptitude, and cruelty, when my turn came, I marched to the tree, took the already-unwrapped-and-rejected red nylon gimme wallet with the Drambuie logo that had appeared in every gift exchange for the previous five years, and returned to my seat to spend the rest of the gift exchange in blissful, Nirvana-like inactivity of both a physical and intellectual nature.

And it turns out that wallet is killer for traveling because it is so skinny and holds banknotes of every nation, whatever their dimensions.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#140 Zoast

Zoast

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:34 PM

white elephant? my family calls it chinese draw. We have unspoken rules not to steal from the elderly. :rolleyes:

Im not too big on it bc of the gifts that are usually involved, but im not going to predictably bitch about it more. The funny, sad, and redeeming thing is how my brother-in-law (who is good natured w/ sense of humor) gets the worst present every year somehow.

-"video game kiddie"
.\|/.

#141 Guest_jaelita_*

Guest_jaelita_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:07 AM

[SIZE=7]YOUR DICK SMELLS![SIZE=7]

huh?!

i'M TOO DRUNK.......metalhead sundays!!!!!!!!!!!!

#142 Guest_jaelita_*

Guest_jaelita_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:17 AM

my lord i'm drunk...... jb, do you really want to stick it in jessica? ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaa:lol:

#143 Guest_yourule_*

Guest_yourule_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:03 PM

Hey, I think this is that girl who thinks I am an asshole.

How funny.

Now I go fuck bitches and drink forty.

#144 Guest_jaelita_*

Guest_jaelita_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:17 PM

Hey, I think this is that girl who thinks I am an asshole.

How funny.

Now I go fuck bitches and drink forty.

:blink: who me or jessi?

confused

#145 brian mcphail

brian mcphail

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:18 AM

white elephant?  my family calls it chinese draw. We have unspoken rules not to steal from the elderly. :rolleyes:

(this is Colin, not b.m.)

In New England we call that a "Yankee swap". My office does it every year.
It can be cheesy but also fun. I almost ended up with a 24 pack of toilet paper
this year but instead got a computer vaccum, which I re-gifted to my mom.
Strangely, she liked it.

HFE, which category am I in? I'm 26+ but came to the shizz via the Minibosses.

Also, axl is 21.
"Steph, you are sharp as a tack and some of us have tack marks to prove it" - Donald

#146 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

I dunno what to tell you...

I was never into video games or heavy metal. I guess I just don't get it...
When I was a kid, I lived in Vermont, which is beautiful, so I didn't want to be inside in front of a TV doing nothing but wiggling my hand around.....(playing vide games that is).....I just thought they were boring, you're not really doing anything, you're not really killing zombies or whatever........I just was never into it...when I got older, it just seemed silly.....I'd rather read, listen to music, talk to people, watch a movie....it's always seemed weird to me that 'grown-ups' play video games, collect comic books, etc... It always reminded me of how sports fans are.....weird..... It's weird to me that a guy would rather sit in the livingroom playing videogames when he has a perfectly good girlfriend in the other room......I'd rather hang out with the chick than do most anything...or talk to friends.....or listen to good music...

I'm not making a judgement.....I just don't get it.....You're just wiggling some buttons....

Plus, I think the whole videogame culture is strange, like Trekkies.....and I think the whole thing with only comminicating to the world through a video screen.....it's desocializing generations of people........ It just weirds me out.... It ain't just me, none of my friends are into 'em either...... I don't really get rap, heavy metal, religon, anti-religon, sports, tittie bars....... I'm a retard, apparently...
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#147 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:49 AM

I notice that gamers, like sports fans, just don't get it when someone
doesn't share the same interests.....
I don't expect that anyone shares my intrests, and am
shocked when they do.....when I saw the minibosses,
and mentioned that I didn't know any of 'their' songs,
people flat out called me a liar...as if it just was beyond
their reality that someone could have no interest in that
kind of thing....Sports fans are the same, "what? you ain't into
sports? you a kite flyer?"

I'm rarely surprised when people have no interest in Hank Williams,
Billie Holiday, or the Staple Singers....
as "Peter" said...'people are idiots'
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#148 brian mcphail

brian mcphail

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:52 AM

(still posting under steph's name cause I'm too lazy to log out/in)

HFE, for me video games are on that list of reading books, hanging out with the lady, watching moves,
going to bars, and yes, watching pro sports. It's entertainment. I think a lot of it depends on what
you did while growing up too. I was never on any kind of sports team (my dad left when I was 4 and
my mom was sort of a hippie), so when the Nintendo came out it gave me something to do with all that
free time you have when you are 11. Maybe you were 16 or so when that happened, i.e. on the other side
of puberty. Playing videogames doesn't have to be a shut-in experience either; lots of games are fun to
play with friends.

I don't know if that will help you "get it". In the end it's all a matter of taste. I have fun playing certain
games whether I'm 11 or 27. Some people don't , and that's fine by me. But I try and stick up for the
bossies now and then, because (by and large) they are good people and a lot more diverse than you might
guess.

-Colin
"Steph, you are sharp as a tack and some of us have tack marks to prove it" - Donald

#149 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:58 AM

I don't really get.. tittie bars..........

Now wait just one damn second!

#150 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:59 AM

I'm quite friendly with Matt Wood, think he's an extremely warm person, very bright, very talented....
When I hear the minibosses I hear a really great instrumental math/surf rock band....
I'm just not into the whole 'thing'....

My parents were kinda hippies as well......

I listened to the Beatles White Album....like crazy..........

I didn't even touch an Atari until I was 13....I had already got way into music by then....

Video games didn't stand a chance....

SHOCKER." - Mig50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users