#1 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

?

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#2 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

JFA => hexaclops!

Har....

#3 allisonorphan

allisonorphan

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

ahhh. i am thinking fondly of the glory days when i was 16 (1996) playing guitar with the peeps! it was the days of playing girly punk rock and roll with the post toasties at the tempe bowl. also the days of the peechees doing an in-store show at stinkweeds. i couldnt forget that show because all three of us peeps had the hots for chris peechee! oh yeah.....the thundercats played often. shows were held at ping pong...or was it straight from haight first?

those were the days.

#4 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

i played in Sam the Butcher which had the bass player from the Thundercats in it towards the end. (Ryan Stemen) He Also played in The Wipers in Europe for a spell...until GregSage tried to sex him up. We also played Tempe Bowl with the PostToaties several times. Those were great shows. Music sounded better back then.
I still don't have a signature.

#5 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

Music sounded better back then

you should change your name to oldmanaz

but i agree with you 100%

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#6 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

hmmmm this kind of question shows yer age doesn't it. Let's see there was Rusty Jones, which had Mike Devine and Garrett Devoe in it. Garrett is now in Pure Horsehair in NY, Mike is in Colorstore. There was Oral Groove which was Robin and Dave Wolfmeyer. Robin now has Sweetbleeders and Dave has Truckers On Speed. Then there was the Hammertoes which begot Mr. Dave Marquez (also Sweetbleeders). But if you want me to go way back is was the days of Desperado's Bar and running the lights for bands like Mischief and Crimson Steele. They really go anywhere except one of the guys from both of those bands is in the Glam band Pysco Gypsy like pops up every now and then.

#7 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Here is something I just dug up.

This is more of the beginning of the shizz, but thought I would throw it in here

Posted Image
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#8 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

hmmmm this kind of question shows yer age doesn't it. Let's see there was Rusty Jones, which had Mike Devine and Garrett Devoe in it. Garrett is now in Pure Horsehair in NY, Mike is in Colorstore. There was Oral Groove which was Robin and Dave Wolfmeyer. Robin now has Sweetbleeders and Dave has Truckers On Speed. Then there was the Hammertoes which begot Mr. Dave Marquez (also Sweetbleeders). But if you want me to go way back is was the days of Desperado's Bar and running the lights for bands like Mischief and Crimson Steele. They really go anywhere except one of the guys from both of those bands is in the Glam band Pysco Gypsy like pops up every now and then.

Rusty Jones also featured the guitar stylings of Marty Miller and John DLC on drums for a time - although we seemed to go through drummers faster than Spinal Tap.

#9 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

oldest band? like one foot in the grave?

when i first moved here Horace Pinker seemed to still be around.

earliest shizz band i saw maybe was vin fizz i think with the gluey brothers? eh hazy memory.

#10 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

the first band i saw when i moved here (99) was mr. pink, which was steve from sweetbleeders and robin vining (sweetbleeders + every other band in phoenix).
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#11 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

Montoya and I played together in a band in high school called ________. Also, I played with drummer Thom Lynch for years at St Jerome Church. He was a Rusty Jones Drummer. I played informally with Jim Knapp and my friend Rob Walker back when we were still in high school I think. He just reminded me the other day. Speaking of one foot in the grave, that's Gavin Wieser's band and he is the brother of the music director at st jerome, formerly St Vincent where Mike and I played. Coincedentally, one of our first shows was opening for OFITG at a Mason Jar all ages matinee show. Fuck Franco.

#12 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

i played in Sam the Butcher which had the bass player from the Thundercats in it towards the end. (Ryan Stemen) He Also played in The Wipers in Europe for a spell...until GregSage tried to sex him up. We also played Tempe Bowl with the PostToaties several times. Those were great shows. Music sounded better back then.

DUDE! i also played alot of shows with sam the butcher and post toasties at the Tempe bowl. how about the dirt bike kids?
I was in a band called Small Appliances.

#13 allisonorphan

allisonorphan

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

dave was in the hammertoes?

#14 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Montoya and I played together in a band in high school called ________. Also, I played with drummer Thom Lynch for years at St Jerome Church. He was a Rusty Jones Drummer. I played informally with Jim Knapp and my friend Rob Walker back when we were still in high school I think. He just reminded me the other day. Speaking of one foot in the grave, that's Gavin Wieser's band and he is the brother of the music director at st jerome, formerly St Vincent where Mike and I played. Coincedentally, one of our first shows was opening for OFITG at a Mason Jar all ages matinee show. Fuck Franco.

"hey franco give you chance to play at the masoning jar!" how many tickets did you have to sell prior to your show? weird system.

#15 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

dave was in the hammertoes?

Yep that's how he and Robin started playing together. Robin used to live with the Ryan Ferguson ( 1105 and Tramps and Theives drummer) and Dave came over to see Ryan. He saw Robin played accordian, the one thing The Hammertoes did not have and well the rest is history. Sweetbleeders came shortly after that with Casey Mckee on drums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users