250 replies to this topic

#241 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

This is awesome guys. Welcome. Keep it coming.

I remember hearing about Stand to Reason and Blofiche from my cousing back in the day.

Westside!

#242 Vacuum Tube Antimatter

Vacuum Tube Antimatter

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Bands I have have played in since 1990:

Function
Hair Farmers
Airport City
HeMeansWell

Jimmy Eat world opened up for us when they were Carrier. Played with alot of bands mentioned on here.

#243 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

Function
Hair Farmers
Airport City
HeMeansWell

Jimmy Eat world opened up for us when they were Carrier. Played with alot of bands mentioned on here.

Jimmy Eat World was never Carrier. Rick from JEW was in Carrier. Rick and Mason from Carrier did a pre-JEW band with Tom.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#244 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hey Guys,

Found this thread while searching online for 'Blofiche'! I played drums in 'Counter Punch', 'Blofiche', 'Stand To Reason' (unfortunately after Rick, the original drummer passed). Also played in a side project called 'Beans and Rice' with Kevin Carl from 'G-Whiz' and more. Kevin is still playing and writing, has a new studio venture with Duane from G-Whiz on bass, Ken from 'The Tank' on vocals and Bill Stevenson (ALL, Descendents, Black Flag on drums) called 'Higley'. Check them out on myspace and listen to the tunes at:

http://www.myspace.com/higleyband

I also made a myspace page for 'Stand To Reason', which has the last CD, all 6 songs, released in 1995, here:

http://www.myspace.c...alstandtoreason

Lastly, the last 'Counter Punch' record can be downloaded as mp3's here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FX8DOY99

I'm trying to get a hold of Jesse Everhart and Lacrosse to see if they want to re-record the 'Blofiche' songs for fun!

This thread has been dead for awhile, anyone there?!!

http://www.jeff-ferris.com

Kevin and I would like to arrange a reunion show for all the older bands, anyone interested?!

Get Jesse to do Driver again. That shit was the best.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#245 Vacuum Tube Antimatter

Vacuum Tube Antimatter

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Function
Hair Farmers
Airport City
HeMeansWell

Jimmy Eat World was never Carrier. Rick from JEW was in Carrier. Rick and Mason from Carrier did a pre-JEW band with Tom.

Hell, I dunno. Maybe it was Grimace. Maybe it was Jew. I just remember it was Tom and Rick.

#246 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Function
Hair Farmers
Airport City
HeMeansWell

Hell, I dunno. Maybe it was Grimace. Maybe it was Jew. I just remember it was Tom and Rick.

That woulda been Grimace if it wasn't JEW. I remember playing with them at an apartment complex clubhouse near Country club and the 60 in Mesa. Musta been '92 or early '93.
I still don't have a signature.

#247 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Thought I'd chime in on this :) This is Ryan, from Rondo Vega. Yes, we were around way back in the day. Spencer was in the band for a bit, then quit and we continued on as a 3 piece for a few more years. We DID used to practice on Alma School and Main and were fortunate enough to share the stage with quite a few great AZ bands. When that band broke up I started Batter The Drag, which was also around for a few years and had Chad from Fivespeed.. and also Mike from Princess Ladyfriend on the last record.. who I believe you are familiar with Lauren, right? Drew was a good buddy of mine in high school and we also had a little "fling" of a band once that I'm sure I have a recording of somewhere in my giant box of cassettes. I ALSO remember Lauren just learning the guitar and making recordings in her bedroom when I was over at Drew's house :) (Hi Lauren) Anyways, it's been a while since I've landed on The Shizz so I thought I'd put my spaceboots on and touch the dust a bit! I've been living in Manhattan for a few years now and still play in bands. Find me on facebook if you'd like :) Shanks!

Dude! you guys were in our unit on main & Alma. Those practice spaces were so weird, should not have been legal at all.
you're a signature.

#248 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

I learned about Donald and Mike through the veins of Vin Fiz, Donald of Donnie and Marie fame, also the Budget Sinatras, Mike was the bass player for Vin Fizz when I began to recognize them and like them, and during my first conversation with Mike, I was crazed with the idea, that it was a bad idea to stop playing bass with Vin Fizzzz.And so Mike would not understand that I did not see the bigger picture. And I could see that with one solid bass player, we could all pay $67 to see Vin Fiz rather than Mastodon. For example. Alot of Hollywood Alley courses through the veins of people that have seen and played shows in P-Town, er as I like to call it, Tempe-Phoenix, Phoenix-Tempe, I saw Gloritone, who had the best singer songwriter guitarplayer soloist of all time, quit, because he considered himself too old, and just loves his wife now. I play shows with The Tramps and Thieves, who are actually just a little better than Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers because I know them. And, I have said before, Five Speed, was as close as this crew got to the Big Time, if any of you ever saw Five Speed live in their HAY day, you would burn your Pearl Jam, and Rage Against the Machine Disks, and JUST RESPECT CHAD. How hard is it people? He ruled on ice. or on dirt. or on plywood, or whatever it was he was ruling on. I understand that the very best superlive rock show, (besides Einhorn) that I ever saw was Five Speed. In My FACE!

#249 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

I learned about Donald and Mike through the veins of Vin Fiz, Donald of Donnie and Marie fame, also the Budget Sinatras, Mike was the bass player for Vin Fizz when I began to recognize them and like them, and during my first conversation with Mike, I was crazed with the idea, that it was a bad idea to stop playing bass with Vin Fizzzz.And so Mike would not understand that I did not see the bigger picture. And I could see that with one solid bass player, we could all pay $67 to see Vin Fiz rather than Mastodon. For example. Alot of Hollywood Alley courses through the veins of people that have seen and played shows in P-Town, er as I like to call it, Tempe-Phoenix, Phoenix-Tempe, I saw Gloritone, who had the best singer songwriter guitarplayer soloist of all time, quit, because he considered himself too old, and just loves his wife now. I play shows with The Tramps and Thieves, who are actually just a little better than Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers because I know them. And, I have said before, Five Speed, was as close as this crew got to the Big Time, if any of you ever saw Five Speed live in their HAY day, you would burn your Pearl Jam, and Rage Against the Machine Disks, and JUST RESPECT CHAD. How hard is it people? He ruled on ice. or on dirt. or on plywood, or whatever it was he was ruling on. I understand that the very best superlive rock show, (besides Einhorn) that I ever saw was Five Speed. In My FACE!

whoa. Thanks, dude.

You saw us play on ICE?!
I still don't have a signature.

#250 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

I have a "I <3 Troy" t-shirt for a good reason

because he is awesome

there, I said it

I think I saw 5 Speed with Before Braille once at Lucky Dragon?
I know Marty Miller knew some of the guys and I didn't know anyone.
So long ago, it's all a blur back then.
If you remember the first decade of the new millenia, YOU WEREN'T THERE!!!
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#251 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

Before Braille had a great guitar player with a crazy eye, an insane almost mean drummer, a redhead, that was broke and there for drove a cheap motorcycle. The Nile Theater, The Emerald Lounge, Cannery Row, Nita's Hideaway, Edsel's Attic, The Sun Club, good 'ol Sail Inn, places where we thought everybody knew us, and would probably put up with some random shennanigans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users