250 replies to this topic

#211 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

The band that made me see my first local show was the Zen Lunatics, of their set I remember their best songs to be "Mack Truck Tracy" (my sister's name and an amazing 3 chord song), and a great Walrus beatle's cover. Both Chris Orf and Terry what's iz nose sang leads and Ric and Gil fed the groove. They were massive, they could get any show they wanted, they still show up at shows mostly at Yucca randomly, just to see if they like what's going on. BTW, what's going on?

#212 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

Steph and JRC are preparing to set this up for a summer art showing at the trunk space. Not sure the details.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#213 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:23 AM

I still have yet to add my info to this. Ack.

#214 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

Steph and JRC are preparing to set this up for a summer art showing at the trunk space. Not sure the details.

that would be super awesome on that giant wall of theirs. word

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#215 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

or wait what if they used yarn and had peoples names hanging in the air on the wall on the floor with the yarn connecting them all in a giant web?

Posted Image

like Marcel Duchamp's Sixteen Miles of String, 1942

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#216 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

or wait what if they used yarn and had peoples names hanging in the air on the wall on the floor with the yarn connecting them all in a giant web?

Posted Image

like Marcel Duchamp's Sixteen Miles of String, 1942

Oh gawd I would so love to set it up like that.
awesome.

I think the next step is to get some of the interested "designers" together at TS, and sort of organize the look and data.
Come to agreement on what elements to include from the get-go, and how to handle all the additions that we'll want to add over the course of the 2 months its all up.

We could get together some time early April, after First Friday some time, that week?
What wants to "wrestle this octopi?!

JRC--TTS

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#217 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

i am down to help, maybe we could make some sort of suspension thing so that we could raise and lower it for music shows?

hmmmm

-trunkspace

#218 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

i am down to help, maybe we could make some sort of suspension thing so that we could raise and lower it for music shows?

hmmmm

Dude, you are insaine.
But, on the other hand, you just joined the committee.
:lol:

JRC

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#219 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

pulleys and levers that's all we need. i may be thinking too big

-trunkspace

#220 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

pulleys and levers that's all we need. i may be thinking too big

I 2nd that.
(lovingly)
JRC

#221 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

Holograms. And no, I'm not on the committee. <3
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#222 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

Lets Continue This Coversation Here . . .

ta da!

#223 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

CHAD! i was there thats my hometown and that was our show. I was 17 DANG!

dang, i was in my third year of college. so i must have been about 20.

small world

i was 36 already.

And still in high school
Hi-yo-o-o-o-o-h! (in johnny carson voice)

#224 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Very Plaid played my last fake prom before this week, ASU Dept of Theatre in 1984. I also remember Blue Shoes.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#225 SoAndSo

SoAndSo

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

I scanned but saw no mention of a few bands I thought I'd add because they sorta begat yours truly. I'm 26 and have lived in Tempe all my life, so maybe I can fill a couple unique gaps.

Back in the mid-late 90's there was Dozer and Rondo Vega, both of which featured Ryan Richardson and Spencer Heck. Ryan Richardson went on to play in a band that performed in my dorm my freshman year of college at ASU, hahaha. Spencer ended up in a band with my brother, Drew Henschen in the late 90's, early 00's called Fatal Blowout. They played a number of shows at places like Modified (thus my first time there) and Nita's Hideaway.

I can remember them playing with the Apologies (from Tempe) because the Apologies had a female in the band and I thought that was cool. :) Both bands also lived on the same street: 10th place near Casey Moore's. I know that Fatal Blowout also played with Swearing At Motorists (not from AZ) at some point as well as an early Brodie Foster Hubbard who turned out to be a mutual friend of my friend from college, Steven Reker (who I'm sure you know from Reindeer Tiger Team and, most recently, dancing for David Byrne).

Fatal Blowout changed their name to the Crucials, then split up when Ben and Spencer moved. Ben and Spencer currently reside in Chicago and are in a band called Busted Canoe.

I tracked unstable keyboard melodies with my brother in the Fatal Blowout house from time to time, which is when I came up with the name Jumbo Jr., which I would later use from 2005-2008 when I started actually playing music in front of an audience.

-Lauren (currently known as So And So)
So And So
myspace.com/soandsolive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users