46 replies to this topic

#31 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

You know how a person's personality can ruin your view of their art?

Yep. I mean, just from what he portrays.

Plus, his hack and slash pairings of traditional foods done up in faux southwestern chic is nauseating.

Rick Bayless can't stand him and he's the nicest guy on television. With talent.

i'm going to disagree with this. ex: dude from the locust i feel are complete a -holes and i hate them, but i love the music.

and i would also like to add that although i'm not partial to mr flay as a person, i really enjoyed my experiece at his establishment. the food was killer, the wait staff was over the top helpfull, (and not like forced or fake) and the decor was super nice / elegant but modern and comfortable.

i would go back for sure if you are down john.

shizz vegas weekend!

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#32 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

You know how a person's personality can ruin your view of their art?

Yep. I mean, just from what he portrays.

Plus, his hack and slash pairings of traditional foods done up in faux southwestern chic is nauseating.

Rick Bayless can't stand him and he's the nicest guy on television. With talent.

i'm going to disagree with this. ex: dude from the locust i feel are complete a -holes and i hate them, but i love the music.

and i would also like to add that although i'm not partial to mr flay as a person, i really enjoyed my experiece at his establishment. the food was killer, the wait staff was over the top helpfull, (and not like forced or fake) and the decor was super nice / elegant but modern and comfortable.

i would go back for sure if you are down john.

shizz vegas weekend!

An in person experience can change anything, I agree. I just don't see it happening for me.

Also, Bobby from Locust has gone to a number of shows I've played in SD and he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

AND, he's a great speller.

Me no le gusta Las Vegas

#33 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

I hate everyone

#34 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Also, Bobby from Locust has gone to a number of shows I've played in SD and he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

you must be "cool" then cause all they have ever done was act like complete snobs with attitude problems and one tried to hit on my girlfirend at the time.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#35 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

you must be "cool" then cause all they have ever done was act like complete snobs with attitude problems and one tried to hit on my girlfirend at the time.

I am NOT cool CHad! Take it back!

#36 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

The locust looked like members of the foot clan!

#37 danielle

danielle

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

For those who really want to go all out, Durant's has such amazing steaks I am drooling all over myself right now thinking about it.

Durants is my all time favorite. I love the atmosphere, I love that leek bread, and I love the steaks. And it is just nice to go to a bar where you don't have to tell the bartender how to make a certain drink. The kobe sliders you can get at the bar are also delicious! I wish I got to go more often.

i gotta say, i've been to durants a couple of times and while it's definitely good, i don't think it's the best steak in phoenix. the atmosphere makes up for a ton of it. but i haven't been blown away by the food.

Yeah, I hear you on this. I think the steaks are great, but not the best I've ever had. I like Durant's as a package. I got to try Ruth's Chris not that long ago for the first time and that was sort of out of control. Butter steak? YES PLEASE!
“The man that cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot”-Andre Breton

#38 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

with hot pants

-trunkspace

#39 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

For those who really want to go all out, Durant's has such amazing steaks I am drooling all over myself right now thinking about it.

Durants is my all time favorite. I love the atmosphere, I love that leek bread, and I love the steaks. And it is just nice to go to a bar where you don't have to tell the bartender how to make a certain drink. The kobe sliders you can get at the bar are also delicious! I wish I got to go more often.

i gotta say, i've been to durants a couple of times and while it's definitely good, i don't think it's the best steak in phoenix. the atmosphere makes up for a ton of it. but i haven't been blown away by the food.

Yeah, I hear you on this. I think the steaks are great, but not the best I've ever had. I like Durant's as a package. I got to try Ruth's Chris not that long ago for the first time and that was sort of out of control. Butter steak? YES PLEASE!

TOTALLY! i've always enjoyed ruth's chris. and morton's is very good as well.

you know who has a surprisingly good filet? houston's. it's better than it needs to be.

i've eaten at lon's a handful of times, and it's always been excellent. well above par. and cowboy ciao doesn't fuck around, either.

now i want steak for dinner...
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#40 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

Chino's Fucking Rocks!!
YC's is Beth's favorite place to eat in the world, but I like Ghengis Grill better

I haven't been to any of these places. Well except for Famous Dave's which I really enjoy. What is wrong with me?? I need more culture or something!

Here are some of my favorite eats:

YC's Mongolian Grill!!!!
Stax Burger Bistro (they serve sliders in all sorts of different meats)
Chino Bandinos (Chinese Mexican food... yeah)
The Herb Box - In DC Ranch
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine
Kona Grill
The Farm Grill (in Gilbert) is an amazing place where almost everything you eat is made on their farm. Tons of outdoor seating. You can bring your dogs. It has a really nice family feel to it. Retro looking decor. VERY cool place, and well worth the trip.

I love food so much.

People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#41 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

I am stuffed from eating at Tandoori Times 2, a great Indian food place but I digress

Morton's is my bosses alltime fave so I am forced to go there about once a month, it's so bad that the wait staff all know my boss by name and say that the only person that loves mortons more than him is Charles Barkley who I guess basically lives there.

I still dig durants more, the food might not be AS good as Mortons, but I love the atmosphere at Durants much more and love the history behind the place.

TOTALLY! i've always enjoyed ruth's chris. and morton's is very good as well.

you know who has a surprisingly good filet? houston's. it's better than it needs to be.

i've eaten at lon's a handful of times, and it's always been excellent. well above par. and cowboy ciao doesn't fuck around, either.

now i want steak for dinner...

People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#42 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

This place rocks for BBQ also....you will leave STUFFED and happy. Joe's Real BBQ (Gilbert)
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#43 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

This place rocks for BBQ also....you will leave STUFFED and happy. Joe's Real BBQ (Gilbert)

This place is amazing

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#44 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

This place is amazing

My wife's been there twice. Somehow never with me.

#45 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Except for pulled pork, which is a wonderful invention, I like side dishes better at BBQ places, but I think most of the ones with good meat & sauce also have good sides. I wish this post had gone up yesterday, because I was running some errands at Riverview and considered having lunch at Famous Dave's, where I can't get my family to go even though it's right up the street from them.

However, I did enjoy my Rubio's mesquite-grilled shrimp tacos. With a little lemonade in the bottom of my Coke. Shout out to being able to make my own drink.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users