37 replies to this topic

#1 ewingandstarks

ewingandstarks

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

I was looking at No Age's MySpace page and they had a listing for next Saturday (july 18th) at The Library!!?!?! WTF?!!? That is going to be weird!

#2 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

I thought they were playing at Modified. JRC? Didn't you tell me this? Or am I thinking of another band?

#3 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:18 AM

My friend told me the same thing! I've never been to "The Library" but my friend said it was a bar. It seems weird that No Age would play there.

#4 larah

larah

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

They are playing that Summer of Sound thing....but earlier in the day, they will be playing for free at Stinkweeds.

#5 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

They are playing that Summer of Sound thing....but earlier in the day, they will be playing for free at Stinkweeds.

word. the new times runs the summer of sound shows, and they're making an effort to "bring music back" to mill avenue. so all the SOS shows are down there.

no age can play there all they want, but mill avenue is done, people.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#6 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

word. the new times runs the summer of sound shows, and they're making an effort to "bring music back" to mill avenue. so all the SOS shows are down there.

no age can play there all they want, but mill avenue is done, people.

Maybe, but Tempe still destroys phoenix as a place to live
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#7 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

the music never left mill ave, you just have to go farther south to mill and southern, you know, away from all the new giant corporate buildings/stores around campus...

oh and yes tempe > phx :o

#8 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

ugh sorry tem-pee nerds but tem-pee blows hard.

so hard.

i moved to phx in 2004 after living in tempe for years and i've never looked back. and i rarely go back.

i agree with Tony. So hard.

Mill sux a big ol' ball sack.

that fact that No Age is playing at The Library is fucking SAD

#9 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

I have ties in Mesa and in PHX so for me it rules to live in the center of the valley ie Tempeen. I've never been to the Library but I hear their trivia nights are super popular. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that their webpage = :lol: :lol:

shitty is now.

#10 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

tempe > phx > mesa ;)

#11 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

I thought they were playing at Modified. JRC? Didn't you tell me this? Or am I thinking of another band?

Their booker won't even contact us about them anymore, despite their saying multiple times we're their fav PHX venue.
Whatever--we build 'em up, and they run away to the greener grass, happens all the time.

Good shows can happen anywhere, that's our philosopy.
Although I imagine one in a "naughty librarian" bar is going to take some extra work.

JRC

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#12 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

i'm not saying phoenix is better than tempe. i'm saying mill avenue sucks dirty, dirty cock. i'd love it if it could be cool again. but it can't. any time you build a 40 story condo hi rise and corporate office park near something, it's no longer cool.

it's 110 whether you live in phoenix or tempe, and i'm going to hate living here until october. it's as simple as that.

flagstaff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tempe > phx > mesa ;)

fixed.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#13 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

not to rant but who the fuck cares about Mill ave? and why does the Phx new time$? Shouldn't it put it's efforts into promoting downtown phx instead, something that is local and established and not totally lame??? I mean it's the PHOENIX New Time$, not the Tempe New Time$.

Didn't everyone get the memo on Mill ave when the city of Tempe decided it didn't care about local culture and pushed to have Abercrombie and Stink and Anal Gap and all that other shit on Mill ave instead of the local businesses? Didn't it give tax cut$ to large chains over the locals so that it could rake in the $$$$????

Oops, that didn't work out so well did it? NOW tempe wants it's local culture back on Mill? Boo fucking hoo. I wonder if the city of tempe is giving money to the new times to promote shit on mill ave?

No Age might as well be playing at a fucking Hooters as far as i am concerned. The Library is exactly the same and actually there's a hooters right above the library if you haven't gotten your fill of fake flirting by ladies with fake ta tas that think you are gross.

i wouldnt go see a show on mill ave if the yeah yeah yeahs were playing Fat Tuesdays for free.

fuck. that. shit.

#14 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

agree with ur points 100%, but i would still rather live in t-town.

and i agree with u tony. flag iz z best. thx for fixin. :ph34r:

#15 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Seriously, there is no defense for Mill Ave. It sucks. All I ever said is Tempe is a way better place to live. I think if I had to live in Flag it would end up like the Shining.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users