#17 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

the idea of scene unity is stupid

maybe in a straight edge gang violence senerio with swing kicks and taebo wrokout moves

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#18 Melkor

Melkor

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

the idea of scene unity is stupid

it's much easier to do things by yourself. AUTONOMY NOW!!!

#19 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

I think Tyler has a good idea.
The shizz has no issues having their logo next to azpunk, we are all in this scene together and should help support each other.

I also think, It should be the judgement of the person making the flyer whether they should put one or both logos on a flyer for their show.

I don't think Distort is saying that the idea of scene unity is stupid, because the idea itself is pretty cool. I think he is saying that scene unity will not be a reality and people shouldn't try to make it happen. If he really does thing the "idea" of it is stupid then I apologize for thinking otherwise, but either way I disagree with him.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#20 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

i think that even the idea of scene unity is stupid. it has all sorts of implications that are just flat out dumb. it suggests theres some sense of loyalty you're supposed to have to bands/venues/people simply because they are "punk" or a "part of the scene". go to shows because you want to see the band, not because you feel obligated to "support the scene". hang out with people because you like them, not because they're involved in "the scene". Theres plenty of other reasons its dumb. If you want to start a band, a venue, a website, a zine, whatever... do it because you want to, not because its "good for the scene". Shitty bands dont deserve support simply because they claim they are "part of the punk scene". Likewise, plenty of bands go under the radar because they don't spew the correct "scene" rhetoric. If you're going to shows simply to feel like you're a part of a club, you're going to shows for pretty goofy reasons.

However, I do agree that flyers need to be better.

#21 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

also, im not knocking anyone for anything they are specifically doing.

#22 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

bad scene, everyones fault
(two jawbreaker references in one thread, uncanny)
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#23 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

i think that even the idea of scene unity is stupid. it has all sorts of implications that are just flat out dumb. it suggests theres some sense of loyalty you're supposed to have to bands/venues/people simply because they are "punk" or a "part of the scene". go to shows because you want to see the band, not because you feel obligated to "support the scene". hang out with people because you like them, not because they're involved in "the scene". Theres plenty of other reasons its dumb. If you want to start a band, a venue, a website, a zine, whatever... do it because you want to, not because its "good for the scene". Shitty bands dont deserve support simply because they claim they are "part of the punk scene". Likewise, plenty of bands go under the radar because they don't spew the correct "scene" rhetoric. If you're going to shows simply to feel like you're a part of a club, you're going to shows for pretty goofy reasons.

is that why your band leaves after you play and you don't stick around to watch the other acts? just curious. because i thought it was shitty and amateurish, but now that i know your philosophy i guess it makes sense.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#24 P xDITIx

P xDITIx

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

What about azhardcore and azpwithdrawal? Lets just make the flyer one big advertisement for websites.

#25 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

is that why your band leaves after you play and you don't stick around to watch the other acts? just curious. because i thought it was shitty and amateurish, but now that i know your philosophy i guess it makes sense.

we don't make a habit of leaving right after we play. If theres nothing else we have to be at afterwards and the other bands interest me, i'll stick around. Don't remember the specific circumstances of that night though. I think it was mostly because none of us really liked any of the other bands playing, so not much point in staying to watch. i'm not up in arms about all the people that showed up afterward and didn't get there in time to see us, nor should you be concerned about what bands i watch or dont watch. I would think you're a fool if you stuck around after your set to watch a band you had no interest in watching simply because you felt "obligated". Why waste the time, ya know? I appreciate you're interest in my presence at shows, but my opinion on bands matters as much as anyone elses... which isn't much at all.

#26 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

FUCKIN' CAN of WORMS TK, CAN-OF-WORMS :lol: :lol: ;)

shitty is now.

#27 Melkor

Melkor

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

What about azhardcore and azpwithdrawal? Lets just make the flyer one big advertisement for websites.

azpw is more of a playground that has fliers pasted to the jungle gym and slide. also, no offense but I don't want any of you people to come over to azpwithdrawal because you will bore it down.

#28 P xDITIx

P xDITIx

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

don't worry none of us want to come to azpwithdrawal because it is already more boring then this forum.

#29 Melkor

Melkor

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

right on!

#30 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

we don't make a habit of leaving right after we play. If theres nothing else we have to be at afterwards and the other bands interest me, i'll stick around. Don't remember the specific circumstances of that night though. I think it was mostly because none of us really liked any of the other bands playing, so not much point in staying to watch. i'm not up in arms about all the people that showed up afterward and didn't get there in time to see us, nor should you be concerned about what bands i watch or dont watch. I would think you're a fool if you stuck around after your set to watch a band you had no interest in watching simply because you felt "obligated". Why waste the time, ya know? I appreciate you're interest in my presence at shows, but my opinion on bands matters as much as anyone elses... which isn't much at all.

fair enough.

want to come help us flyer for shizzfest tonight?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users