that could be it!

#17 aawbibliophile

aawbibliophile

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

I used to date guys who subtlety reminded me of my father (even if I was not aware of it.) Consequently, most of my exes were charismatic, substance abusers with low self-esteem who made up for this character flaw by belittling others. Most of the time, those who intentionally try to hurt another person have been severely hurt before. One day, I had an epiphany! I hated my father :P Why was I seeking out guys who reminded me of him?
Alas, I found the antithesis of my father in my current love and I couldn't be happier. It's all about deciding what's best for you and making a conscious choice to stop messing with the bad boys. Bad boys are fun :) They're wild, spontaneous, and exciting. They give you a rush every time they touch you...in more ways than one. But they are NOT stable. They will hurt you. They will break you down. And they will LEAVE you. It's not a question of 'if' but 'when'. So, do yourself a favor and pick the nice guy. Your sanity will thank you.

#18 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

in russia, nice guys reject you :(

#19 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

It's all about deciding what's best for you and making a conscious choice to stop messing with the bad boys. Bad boys are fun :) They're wild, spontaneous, and exciting. They give you a rush every time they touch you...in more ways than one. But they are NOT stable. They will hurt you. They will break you down. And they will LEAVE you. It's not a question of 'if' but 'when'. So, do yourself a favor and pick the nice guy. Your sanity will thank you.

this reminds me of almost every straight dude is aware of.. crazy chicks are great in bed. but they're fucking crazy every other time too. it explains why a lot of dudes stay with crazy chicks. it was enough to cause me pain and suffering for nearly four years.. eventually i came to my senses and bolted for good. sure i had to hold her down in the front yard and wrestle a razor blade away from her with one hand while dialing 911 with the other.. but man, i think there are still dirty foot prints 5ft up on the wall behind my bed.. trade-offs.. lol
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#20 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

did you guys read the new times with taryn thomas on the cover? where she talks about doing coke and going to parties to meet dudes and be a whore with her older friends? and then going to do a topless photo shoot with said girls, only to get ripped off? well doing coke and hanging out with other whores evidently brings out the whoreness in people...

awww, "those older girls" were my first real girlfriend and her friends. it was devastating at the time but now
a)i would be stoked if my current girlfriend was into doing a little topless modelling ;)
b)its hilarious in retrospect
c)ex now has twins from some fuck up and lives at home hahaha

i think thats the only bad break up story i have thats actually funny.

#21 Lonna

Lonna

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

some thoughts on relationships..

i think relationships are difficult...all relationships, but most especially the romantic kind. I think everyone has issues no matter how well they keep them hidden from the outside world. Infact, I'd dare to say that perhaps the most deluded are people who appear to have it together.

For example, I know a couple who, from a distance, appear to have it together. But to me, I always thought their relationship seemed odd - maybe mismatched is a better world. From my outside perspective they didn't really have much in common and I couldn't really figure out the connection. But I thought, "hey whatever, opposites attract". Anyhow, by circumstance, I got to know him a little better and then over the years I got to know her better. The first thing that I noticed was they never and I mean never show any kind of affection towards each other at all. Not even a simple, "honey I'm leaving" hug at the door. he never and i mean ever expresses any kind of romantic nostalgia towards her and I've never heard her do it either. When they look at each other, they seem to be looking through each other with blank stares. Their lives are completely separate. He does his own thing and she just takes care of things. They really never spend any romantic time together. She is rather matter of fact and emotionless and he seems void of any real emotion either. It's really weird and it genuinely gives me the chills. I still have no idea what the connection is and sometimes I wonder if they are thinking the same thing in moments of total honesty with themselves?? Lately I've been thinking, wow, I'd rather appear to not always have it together then live in that kind of void.

Anyhow, what was my point? relationships are hard? ok i know, duhhhh.

But you live and you make mistakes and you hopefully grow. Everyone takes baggage into a relationship. But here is my deal and what i've learned and are still learning - (drum roll) you've got to be friends if you're gonna make it. you have to be honest, not just with the other person, but to yourself. If your honest and have some humility, whether it works out or not, at least you've got perspective. And some honest perspective about who we are, faults n' all, goes a long way. This was something I kinda had to learn and I guess I'm still learning.

ok, i'm sooooooooooo retarded.
don't tell me how to dance, I can't help the way my body moves.

#22 mattm

mattm

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

I married a Canadian stripper who left me two months into it for the local electroclash dj.

thats the short version. true story.

#23 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

HOLY SHIT ive never heard that story!

#24 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

funny story.. i split up with that ex a few years ago and she got married and was expecting kids within probably a year after we split up. which was one of the reasons we split up, she wanted marriage and kids and i didn't. well that and the batshit crazy part.

so a couple weeks ago i'm out and run into a friend who introduces me to a girl.. we'll call her sandy. after some light small talk sandy says, "so, i hear you used to live with john and susie (john is the made up name of the friend of mine and susie is the made up name of the ex).. and i reply, "well, yeah.. susie and i dated for about four years." to which she replies, "oh, well after you guys broke up she got married to my ex boyfriend of 10 years." and thinking she was as cool with this as i was i raised my hand to give her a high five and said, "awesome for them." as in, "great, two crazy people found each other." she just stood there and stared at my hand.. then looked at me and said, "no. it's not cool. i still have issues with that." so i'm thinking.. "fuck, this was like 3 years ago.. you're hot, let it go and find some other dude." she then says, "well, we dated for 10 years and then right when we split up, he meets her within 3 months, they're engaged in 9 months, married within a year and expecting a kid. oh, and the kid's name they picked out was the name he and i were going to give our first child." uhhhh... again, i'm like.. "well yeah that's a bummer i guess but life is too short. it's been awhile now. you really should move on." anyway, just a story i found funny. i thanked my friend for ambushing me with the most awkward conversation of my week. ha ha
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#25 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

But you live and you make mistakes and you hopefully grow. Everyone takes baggage into a relationship. But here is my deal and what i've learned and are still learning - (drum roll) you've got to be friends if you're gonna make it. you have to be honest, not just with the other person, but to yourself. If your honest and have some humility, whether it works out or not, at least you've got perspective. And some honest perspective about who we are, faults n' all, goes a long way.

i agree.

honesty and open communication
i tried that recently and it didn't really work out :lol: but i do feel good about at least trying and being honest about what i wanted.

i wish i could just skip the hurting parts though

i feel like i had to go through some horrible relationships in order to learn. Ive always been the kind of person that has to learn the hard way. Sticking the fork in the outlet even though my mom said it would hurt.

i rarely regret stuff i just sometimes wish i could step outside of myself and look at what the fuck im doing!

#26 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

Life hurts! You just get better at dealing with it!

Thank goodness for drugs and alcohol

#27 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

yeah, i used to get really depressed about girls, but hey what happens happens. and learning is important. shit i dated a girl who-shall-not-be-named-because-people-talk-MAD-shit for like 2 months, but i will always have a place in my heart for her because she really changed my life for the better SO MUCH and she probably doesnt even realize it.

sometimes they dont last long, but they impact every day of the rest of your life.

#28 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

smart :)

more bad ex stories!!!!!

i dated a republican once <_<

#29 Lonna

Lonna

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

i dated a hippy once.

he was really nice, but not all there (on account of the ridiculous amount of pot that he smoked)
don't tell me how to dance, I can't help the way my body moves.

#30 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Well Here is a story and in it Im the schmuck.

I dated this girl that did what ever I wanted. I lived with her for free. No job, no car( drove hers) and just drank and pretty much used her. One day I felt horrid for what I was doing and because she was so weak and had no esteem I dumped her( this was 10 years ago). I broke her heart and for that I feel horrid but I was not in love with her I just was in love with not having to work at anything. I feel as if what I did was good because not only now does she know what type of dude to avoid, I also realized that Im not a Douche because I did end it and didnt just keep it up. Right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users