70 replies to this topic

#61 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,722 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:19 AM

I remember the UP stairs room, I think i saw a bunch of ska bands up there...thinking Link 80 but probably wrong.
Before they raised the roof in the main room wasn't there super low ceiling fans? or are my memories blurring together.

Are they going to blast techno in the main room when there are shows in the "underground"? For old times sake?

I wonder how many shows link 80 played at the nile. The time I saw them there wasn't in an upstairs room it was in the basement right after their singer had died and they put out that album with the new singer. Shit was so tight.

i saw at least three, and was at one more they were supposed to play with MU330, but i think it was like literally the week danielle steeles son died.

#62 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

i saw at least three, and was at one more they were supposed to play with MU330, but i think it was like literally the week danielle steeles son died.

This is funny because until you mentioned this I had totally forgot that I saw MU330 here (I think). I had actually forgot about MU330.

#63 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

This is funny because until you mentioned this I had totally forgot that I saw MU330 here (I think). I had actually forgot about MU330.

saw'em there too. love me some mu330. PSYCHOSKA! lol

mu330 on pandora this morning. wooo

and song #2 on mu330s pandora station is pretty predictable.. reel big fish. saw them at the nile as well. i'd seen'em at boston's and got a copy of everything sucks (i should see if it's the one that everyone wants since it was before the mojo records ep). anyway, i saw aaron before their set at the nile and ask him to play "why do all girls think they're fat?" he said they never do but he'd look into. so halfway through the set, they start to play it. a bunch of people jumped on stage and started dancing around. someone knocked over a mic stand and they stopped playing and declared that they weren't punk enough to play that song anymore and launched into "snoop dogg" which had just hit the radio. i'd never been so let down by a band at a show. i walked out.

song #3 just now "rok" by mu330. woooo
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#64 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,722 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

we were probably at a lot of the same shows...i saw RBF like 6 times one year, most of which were before the major label version. and no, i never bought the now-rare one :angry:

too bad MU330 didnt really put out much good after crab rangoon. Chumps is a fucking gem though!

#65 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

saw'em there too. love me some mu330. PSYCHOSKA! lol

mu330 on pandora this morning. wooo

HEY! Thanks for reminding me about Pandora!I'm registering now.

Yeah, I know I'm on the late show with this site but I used to use Imeem until myspace got its' filthy hands on it! :angry:

#66 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

we were probably at a lot of the same shows...i saw RBF like 6 times one year, most of which were before the major label version. and no, i never bought the now-rare one :angry:

too bad MU330 didnt really put out much good after crab rangoon. Chumps is a fucking gem though!

you're probably right. and they were selling the cd out of the trunk of the "merch car" that had come along on tour. they said they'd swiped a box of the cds so they could make some extra money on the road even though they weren't supposed to be selling those anymore. and chumps is way up there on my favorite albums list. i don't get around to listening to much ska these days but that album is gold.

pandora station so far this morning:

scofflaws, save ferris, goldfinger, skankin pickle, mighty mighty bosstones, streetlight manifesto, mad caddies, the barrymores, the toasters, mustard plug... ahhh, the 90s!

#67 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

official announcement for the upstairs.. it was posted on the "shows and stuff" board but i didn't see it here.

http://blogs.phoenix...led_to_re-o.php

even got a name-check at the bottom.. and left my usual "big group hug" of a comment..

#68 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

I like the clubhouse. Its not the best, but it ain't bad, and it has booze and it isn't in Mesa.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#69 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

I like the clubhouse. Its not the best, but it ain't bad, and it has booze and it isn't in Mesa.

True. Even if the Nile ends up getting a bar it'll still be in Mesa...can't change that.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#70 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

True. Even if the Nile ends up getting a bar it'll still be in Mesa...can't change that.

i'm more excited for it fostering newer bands and being a place for a likely younger crowd. these days, i'm usually at the yucca or rogue for most of the bands i want to see anyway and i can get booze at both places. if i want to see a bigger show, it's likely going to be at the marquee and no problem with booze there either. i don't really see myself at a basement show anytime soon and if there's something i wanna see upstairs, i'll just pregame somewhere. as far as the mesa thing, i grew up there. it's a hole but it's main and center. that's really not all that bad a trip. it's not greenfield and brown or anything.

#71 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

scofflaws, save ferris, goldfinger, skankin pickle, mighty mighty bosstones, streetlight manifesto, mad caddies, the barrymores, the toasters, mustard plug... ahhh, the 90s!

ha this reminds me of interviewing let's go bowling and cherry popin dadies back in the day

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users