341 replies to this topic

#301 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

from her twitter on 6/3: "Support Arizona. Add the Arizona state flag to your avatar as I prepare to meet with President Obama today."

the state is not with you, you twat.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#302 venven

venven

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

from her twitter on 6/3: "Support Arizona. Add the Arizona state flag to your avatar as I prepare to meet with President Obama today."

the state is not with you, you twat.

she's ridiculous. i was brought up to believe that most people were decent, compassionate beings but after witnessing the hate that is coming from these bigoted, ignorant people, i feel like most people suck big weiners. it's so easy to pick on people who can't defend themselves. i guess it makes people feel better.

#303 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Group Removes Sheriff Arpaio as Keynote Speaker at Convention

#304 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

Group Removes Sheriff Arpaio as Keynote Speaker at Convention

*wambulance siren blares in the background..

ha ha

#305 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

http://www.cracked.c...gration-debate/

more ha has

#306 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

So my Caucasian receptionist tells me a week ago that her man got stopped for his windows being tinted too dark which I know has always been a thing, you can't have them too dark however his car looks like a low rider. He is a Caucasian male, bald headed biker looking dude. So they see he not as "reasonably suspicious" as they thought and let him go with a warning.

He calls in this morning to say he’s been stopped again shortly after leaving a Home Depot, again for his windows being tinted too dark. Again, he’s let go with a warning.

Tell me those fucks weren’t thinking he was an illegal!? Tell me that's not racial profiling!?

And then she goes on to tell me about how when she was in jail for her DUI while in a holding cell there were also a 12 year old and 17 yr old Mexican girls where DUI’s, hookers, drug addicts and God knows what else being held is there too. Both born here but their parents are illegal so off they go too. I can't even imagine the fucking uncertainty and freight they must have felt.

How scary that must have been being so little and to be in JAIL. Really? There’s no other way to process at least the children but to throw them in a cell like they're criminals? This so frustrating to me tears are burning my eyes over this.

All over the world crazy natural disasters are happening and THIS is ARIZONAS disaster. I fucking hate Arizona Government

#307 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

So my Caucasian receptionist tells me a week ago that her man got stopped for his windows being tinted too dark which I know has always been a thing, you can't have them too dark however his car looks like a low rider. He is a Caucasian male, bald headed biker looking dude. So they see he not as "reasonably suspicious" as they thought and let him go with a warning.

He calls in this morning to say he’s been stopped again shortly after leaving a Home Depot, again for his windows being tinted too dark. Again, he’s let go with a warning.

Tell me those fucks weren’t thinking he was an illegal!? Tell me that's not racial profiling!?

And then she goes on to tell me about how when she was in jail for her DUI while in a holding cell there were also a 12 year old and 17 yr old Mexican girls where DUI’s, hookers, drug addicts and God knows what else being held is there too. Both born here but their parents are illegal so off they go too. I can't even imagine the fucking uncertainty and freight they must have felt.

How scary that must have been being so little and to be in JAIL. Really? There’s no other way to process at least the children but to throw them in a cell like they're criminals? This so frustrating to me tears are burning my eyes over this.

All over the world crazy natural disasters are happening and THIS is ARIZONAS disaster. I fucking hate Arizona Government

That is truly horrible hearing about the young girls in an adult jail cell.

Racial profiling is becoming more apparent every day.
Oddly, I want to get a lowrider, or at least have heavily tinted windows. :)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#308 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

DO IT!! We'll populate the streets with them and then those dorks won't know who is who!!

#309 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

that is soooooooooooooooooo wrong. sad.

but guess what? fucking legal in the U.S., a report released last year shows that more than half the states in the US permit children age 12 and under to be treated as adults for criminal justice purposes. In 22 states, plus the District of Columbia, children as young as 7 can be prosecuted and tried in adult court where they would be subject to harsh adult sanctions, including long prison terms, mandatory sentences and placement in adult prisons.

other findings in the report:
* Every year, nearly 80 children age 13 and younger are judicially transferred to adult court. Between 1985 and 2004, 703 children age 12 and under, and 961 children age 13 were judicially transferred to adult court. The total number of young children in adult criminal court actually is much higher than this, as the data does not include the number of children sent to the adult system through automatic transfer laws or laws allowing prosecutors to file cases directly in adult court.

• Many of these young children are being treated as adults for relatively minor offenses. There are almost as many youth treated as adults for property crimes as for crimes against persons. Determinations about when and whether a young child will be treated as an adult are marked by extreme arbitrariness, unpredictability and racial disparities.

On a single day in 2008, 7,703 children under age 18 were held in adult local jails and 3,650 in adult state prisons. In these adult facilities, the youth face vastly higher risks of physical and sexual assault and suicide than they would face in juvenile facilities. The youngest children are at particular risk.

• The United States is severely out of step with international law and practice. Most countries—including those Western nations most similar to the United States, countries in the developing world, Islamic nations, and even countries often considered to be human rights violators—repudiate the practice of trying young children as adults and giving them long sentences.

AND - the majority of minors being tried as adults and receiving mandatory adult sentences were, surprise surprise, black and Hispanic.

we're so free and progressive aren't we?

The United States incarcerates more of its citizens than any other nation in the world.
The increase in the jail and prison population from 200,000 to 2.3 million in the past 30 years has lead to unprecedented prison overcrowding and put tremendous strain on state budgets. “Tough on crime” policy has created a growing underclass of ex-prisoners who are barred from productively re-entering society by increasingly numerous and onerous restrictions on things like applying for a driver's license, adopting a child, voting, and receiving federal aid for education or food in many states.

i guess it's not surprising that one of our border agents shot and killed a Mexican teenager in El Paso/Juarez earlier this month. We obviously dont put a lot of value in our children. we treat them like adults in our judicial system, we take away funding from their schools, we take away childcare from their parents, and we make them grow up in a hypersexualized society but give them no information on sex.

#310 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

lovely

and wait - I thought if a child is born here they are a citizen now and by default yout illegal parent gets to stay too?

and regardless of the crime - even horrible - they are still a child! I don't believe treating them the same as adults. Unless you are going to have a special prison just for the children tried as adults.

#311 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

and wait - I thought if a child is born here they are a citizen now and by default yout illegal parent gets to stay too?

Exactly what I thought when she told me they were even in there. Who the hell is watching over this?

I'm sure there is something already but people need to start compiling stories on how this has effected them, if so.

I obliviously am not scared of a cop because I am a citizen however there are some really hateful people out there that are just looking at brown faces and being shitty regardless of their status.

I hope to never encounter it but the day someone is shitty to me because of the color of my skin it's going to get crazy.

"My grand daddy was full blooded yaki Indian! They don't know who the hell they are dealing with!"

#312 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

i love the idea of compiling stories somewhere. like on a blog or something.

#313 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

call me a radical but I have really been watching alot of Noam Chomsky videos on youtube lately, some of which relates to 1070.

he is fucking brilliant

The United States Declaration of Independence is such a great read and pretty much goes against anything 1070 is about.

http://www.usconstit...net/declar.html

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#314 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Yes! I will have to do some googlin to see whats out there.

But what I really like to hear is how this has effected none Latins as well. It's the best proof to show this shit most definitely has been given the right to racial profile and to invade our sense of freedom. Not just Latins but EVERYONE.

#315 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Yes! I will have to do some googlin to see whats out there.

But what I really like to hear is how this has effected none Latins as well. It's the best proof to show this shit most definitely has been given the right to racial profile and to invade our sense of freedom. Not just Latins but EVERYONE.

i can't find an actual site for it but Village Voice Media (phx based company that owns Phx New times and other newspapers around the country) has launched a project called Amongst Us that is trying to chronicle SB1070's effect on citizens and immigrants as well as other legislation throughout the country.

here's a good article on the background of racial profiling in arizona in the Houston Press

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users