341 replies to this topic

#286 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

word on Godaddy. it's a big employer in the valley but i find their marketing offensive.

most of their commercials and marketing ploys are sexist and derogatory. i dont see why you need to portray women (or men) as ditzy sex objects in order to sell web space but whatevskis, that's their lame choice....

i've been boycotting them for years ever since i saw one of their shitty commercials during a super bowl. i try not to spend my money at godaddy (though i have, through indirect means, with dbagtags.com)

it makes sense that that dude is not only a douchebag hater but also a republican party donor.

but *full disclosure* my father works for the guy that owns (used to own?) the phx coyotes and that dude is a total conservative republican political wacko (and so is my father :( )

but i've also been boycotting my father for years :lol:

#287 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,424 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

This actually has me a bit emotional right now. This isn't pertaining to the bill (directly, at least), but check this out-

Arizona Elementary School Will Whiten The Faces Of Its Own Students On A Mural Because Some Racists Yelled At It

An Arizona elementary school mural featuring the faces of kids who attend the school has been the subject of constant daytime drive-by racist screaming, from adults, as well as a radio talk-show campaign (by an actual city councilman, who has an AM talk-radio show) to remove the black student's face, and now the school principal has ordered the faces of the Latino and Black students to be changed to Caucasian skin.

I mean, what the FUCK.

There's the Bill. There's the upcoming removal of English teachers who have accents. Now there's this. I don't really know how to express my frustration. This is the worst slap on the face on top of some really backwards and pathetic decisions recently made in Arizona. As if the other stuff going on isn't bad enough, a message is being sent to kids that if their skin color isn't white, something is wrong with them.

You don't change your students' faces to white because racists drive by calling them n1ggers and spics. I pretty much wish for these people to be dragged out of their cars and fucking beaten, but I know violence wouldn't do anything to help.

god damn

#288 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

As if SB 1070 was not enough, Russell Pearce wants to now deny birth certificates of natural born citizens if their parents are not US citizens.
http://www.azcentral...ontini0603.html

Disgusting and shameful. If this guy doesn't define racism, i don't know what does.

#289 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

As if SB 1070 was not enough, Russell Pearce wants to now deny birth certificates of natural born citizens if their parents are not US citizens.
http://www.azcentral...ontini0603.html

Disgusting and shameful. If this guy doesn't define racism, i don't know what does.

at least on this one he has no chance of passing that law. it contradicts the federal constitution, so even if the state legislature is dumb enough to vote it through, it won't ever go into effect. of course, it adds more fuel to the fire about arizona being full of intolerant moron racists, but at this point it's not like we can get a whole lot lower anyway.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#290 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

I have to agree on both counts: that is unconstitutional on its face, so even if passed, it will be overturned. But how much more economic damage in the way of boycotts will that bill cause, on top of 1070?

#291 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

doing some googling I saw this about 1070

What others are saying....
"Michael Huang comment:
In understanding the sport of alien hunting, one should remember to follow the money trail. First, the bail bond companies in Arizona see significant revenue increases with the passage of this law, however, the real money lies in catching, storing and deporting aliens.
Arizona is competing with Texas and her other neighbors with international borders.
Here's the general idea. Federal subsidies. County jails, whether state owned or private for-profit facilities, invoice ICE on a per-prisoner, per-diem basis for storing illegal aliens. After two or three months in jail, an alien is released on a personal recognizance bond and ICE deports them before they can appear in county court. Presto a warrant is issued for failure to appear.
When the alien returns to the US again and gets profiled racially, in Arizona lets say, a warrant is found in Texas and he or she is re-arrested for failure to appear and violation of bond. Texas will pay for extradition to get the alien back into their county jail to restart the same money earning process over and over again. Arizona gets a few days from ICE, but Texas gets most of it since they own that particular alien's bond case.
In fairness, I have not pinned down the exact cash flows and amounts, but I have seen first hand from the inside that this is how money is made by trading aliens.
This is slavery by another name."
Posted On: Tuesday, Jun. 1 2010 @ 12:36PM

Very interesting point. I mean, you really do have to look at the money trail.

Pretty disgusting, but easily understandable.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#292 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hall & Oates to AZ: "Eat a dick"

AZCentral

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#293 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

AZCentral

The comments are pretty ridiculous.

wow
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#294 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

AZCentral

wow

Par for the course - I know of no greater concentration of assholes than the people that comment on AZCentral...

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#295 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,630 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

You know what would be a good community service project for anti-1070 people to do? "Hipster" up the cars of illegal immigrants so they're less likely to draw attention from the police. Put a bunch of band stickers and ironic crap all over them so when the police see a shitty ol' sedan cruising down the freeway, they don't think. "MEXICAN! I better pull them over and for that busted head lamp and check their papers lol." They think, "Damn hipster/college kid. At least they were born in this country."

I'm serious. Give out flyers at Ranch Market and people can bring their cars by Conspire to get them stickered up. Or just give them the stickers with instructions.

#296 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

You know what would be a good community service project for anti-1070 people to do? "Hipster" up the cars of illegal immigrants so they're less likely to draw attention from the police. Put a bunch of band stickers and ironic crap all over them so when the police see a shitty ol' sedan cruising down the freeway, they don't think. "MEXICAN! I better pull them over and for that busted head lamp and check their papers lol." They think, "Damn hipster/college kid. At least they were born in this country."

I'm serious. Give out flyers at Ranch Market and people can bring their cars by Conspire to get them stickered up. Or just give them the stickers with instructions.

quote from the future:
"what's the deal with all these mexicans driving around with theshizz.org stickers on their cars? is that some sort of amnesty group or something?" B)
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#297 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

haha that's a funny idea weener!

rant:

i want to do something about all this fascist shit going down in arizona. i was in hermosillo mexico this past weekend for a writers conference and everyone i spoke to asked about arizona. they wanted to know if people in arizona hated mexico, they were worried about fascism spreading! it was very interesting to talk to them. they wanted to communicate with us more about it, they wanted to know what the people were doing and feeling about it all.

maybe an art show or a music show or both together and throw in some people reading their writing about it.

a arts expression festival or something.

we need to come together instead of coming apart.

There also needs to be more street art in phx about this shit. I've seen some cool ones downtown but there needs to be more!!

#298 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

downtown

#299 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

AZCentral

wow

Par for the course - I know of no greater concentration of assholes than the people that comment on AZCentral...

jesus fuck... 123 pages of comments?!?! :blink:
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#300 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

ignorance.. meter.. at.. max.. capacity.. aaaaaahhhhhh

Posted Image