93 replies to this topic

#91 jeremy_arp

jeremy_arp

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Used to be Modified, currently Trunk Space. The Trunk Space charms are many.

Trunk Space is like the walking-tour-trifecta. Shows @ Trunk Space, booze @ Bikini, and pizza around the corner at that place whose name I can't remember. They actually have pretty good pizza. Bonus - candy @ Sweets n Beats!

That would be Valley Pizza... which is home of the Monsoon Pizza and has excellent paintings to view while-u-wait.

#92 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

right. i'm a troll. :ph34r:

...i have heard of a place called hollywood alley which serves pizza, has beer *and* liquor, videogames, and can host 60 punx...just a thought...

wow, i haven't seen the word "punx" used in a sentence in a while. bravo sir
Posted Image

#93 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

thanks for the TS love, been feeling a little down lately and I appreciate it.

Also, we call the place "ghetto pizza" although it is really awesome now--it used to be hella sketchy.
(whish they had fresh basil & soy cheese tho)

Also also, if you drive down toward S. Mtn, there's a creepy pizza place . . . I don't remember where exactly, but they have a stage for bands, tho when I asked about it the counter girl completely ignored the question, twice.
Got a serious meth vibe.

Fav place to see bands might be The Wash House shows Rocky did, that laundrymat on 7th st just n. of roosevelt.

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#94 The Other 49

The Other 49

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

The Yucca is a great place and I love being there. I am a huge fan of the new lounge with even more great beers. That said, not as great for the shows part. Questionable PA for the vocals and odd stage placement make it awkward sometimes. Especially playing there in a band. Also, you have to bring your own mics and run your own sound. And shows always start late and I'm old. ;)

My favorite place to play or see a band I like is The Rhythm Room. I also like The Rogue a lot lately. Sound is getting pretty good there and it helps overcome another odd stage placement.

-Aaron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users