Photo

what bands would you like to see play in PHX?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

man...if what i said is too negative i have no idea how you function on the internet. especially considering that saying a bunch of hype bands are playing isnt really negative. this whole thing baffles me. yeah, no one should EVER say anything that might be considered a negative about shows.

but i reiterate: who cares? im sure you dont give a shit what i have to say about anything else either. its cool.

#62 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

HUG

#63 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

I care. And I guess I'm of the opinion that if you don't care, there really is no reason to post some thing with a negative connotation towards the shows that stateside is trying to promote. That's all.

Have a good day shizzsters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#64 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

man...if what i said is too negative i have no idea how you function on the internet.

to be fair to Rudolpho, he isn't the most internet savvy and doesn't function a whole lot on here (the interwebs), as was seen with him using his iphone and trying to reply.

I will fix his comment momentarily.....
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#65 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

I can't fix it on this phone. Can some one help? Copy and paste.

My reply is in the middle of that reply. I started with 'i personally' and ended it with 'just saying'

please?

now fixed
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#66 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

and i was really not trying to be a dick about it. i am definitely not someone who likes fucking with people on the webzzzz. but i also dont have a problem saying whats up. ANYWAY

i want josie and the pussycats to play here.

#67 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Dick

#68 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

im unfamiliar with a band called DICK. ;)

#69 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Citizen Dick!

from Singles!

#70 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Someone up there mentioned the Toy Dolls. Yes. This is the band I most want to see. I met Olga once, when he was on tour with the Dickies. He is as cute as he sounds.

I also miss Sleepytime Gorila Museum. I guess Phoenix didn't give them as big a draw as they get in other places.

Faun Fables is one of my most loved bands, and last time I saw them it was at Modified with an audience of MAYBE 10 people. I don't blame them for skipping us, but they're soooooo good.

#71 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Someone up there mentioned the Toy Dolls. Yes. This is the band I most want to see. I met Olga once, when he was on tour with the Dickies. He is as cute as he sounds.

They are good at bringing out the skin heads.

#72 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is AWESOME!!!!!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#73 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is AWESOME!!!!!

Sounds like they got their name off of one of those online band name generators.

#74 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

dude that show on FRIDAY does look AWESOME!!!! holy crap!

also, i just got the newer phosphorescent album and i'd like to see that dude. he did a tour with bon iver a couple years ago and i was asked to put on a show, but i couldn't make their guarantee and that was before anyone knew who they were. or at least i didn't. so it's probably gnarly now. i guess maybe they're 'cooler than cool' but i don't really know. i hope colorstore gets picked up as a 'cooler than cool' band. i mean, why not? i mean, unless you know the people in the band. ;)

but it seems like with any minute's list of 'cooler than cool' bands, it's gonna be mostly overhyped garbage and then some really good stuff thrown in that you can resent because of all the hype or you can just enjoy the good tunes. i mean that status only lasts for a second or two, culturally, and then you've got to get on with your music career, whatever's left of it, if anything.

i stopped going to pitchfork when they hyped that wavves dude so hard that he freaked out and, i don't know, i was just like... well, i mean, i like the wavves stuff so far, i want to just be able to enjoy the music. i mean i'll go to pitchfork every once in a while to see if they've interviewed anybody cool, but that's about it. and anybody that takes vice's music section seriously is a serious lame-o. i mean, they're obviously just in it to provoke a response. i dig that. but anybody that reads it to find out what new bands are good is crazy. they're just hyping their friends. i have no problem with that, but it doesn't make them reliable taste makers. but i don't know what's worth arguing about. i mean if you've got a problem with a certain promoter, keep your mouth shut and do your business elsewhere. that person is providing a fantastic service to everyone but you. now who's 'cooler than cool'? i mean unless someone is getting exploited or something. but that's usually just the promoter. i can't imagine how anybody makes money promoting live music. even if you have a good one that rakes it in, the next three are going to flop, no matter how much work you do. and even if you manage to avoid the floppers, and you do pretty decently on the regular, the numbers just don't add up. i haven't been able to figure it out anyway. maybe someone on here knows something i don't.

also, now that i've had time to think about it. i'd like to see neil young before he dies. and willie nelson. and steve earle. (he canceled his last show here, not enough tix sold) and leonard cohen, (but i probably can't afford to see him.) and lou reed. and i haven't heard it yet, but i hope the corin tucker band stops through.

#75 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

i dont go to pitchfork but i do listen to Pandora and LastFM on the regular so when shit comes up that i like i add it to my "listen to more" list which usually results in me buying or downloading the albums.

i try to avoid pitchfork (or a majority of music blogs) so i dont get lost in all the hype. but i end up liking a lot of the bands they hype up anyways. i just like to listen to music. all sorts of crap.

this morning i listened to phil collins and not in an ironic way. in a serious way. i also listen to foreigner at least once a day. every day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users