#31 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

here's a realistic and topical scenario for everyone:
you've probably read the thread about the bicycle groper at asu. that guy's a piece of shit. people on this board are talking about street justice and doing your own sting and taking this guy down. well, at the same time the actual police are having that same discussion. the difference is, they're really going to do it even though the guy might be very, very dangerous. and they have to make sure that their operation doesn't get anyone else needlessly injured and that they don't screw something up (like not reading him his rights or something) so the guy walks on a technicality. and they might capture him randomly, or they might be setting up some complex sting - who knows. when they take him down, it may be without incident or it may be a spectacle. they have to prepare for either eventuality. hell, they might randomly stop him for running a red light and ID the guy, so literally anywhere at anytime they need to be prepared to deal with it.

so while you're saying "fuck the police", please keep in mind that this scenario (and thousands of others like it) is on their mind every second of every day.

should we be allowed to videotape that? yeah, probably. but don't watch some 3 second clip of a cop hitting a guy and assume that the cop is evil.

and yes, i know there are bad cops and they fuck with kids outside of shows for having long hair or whatever. and yes, i know that some are on a power trip to make up for the fact that they got picked on in high school. spare me.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#32 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

Nope!

Fuck cops. :)

#33 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

Nope!

Fuck cops. :)

touche.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#34 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

#35 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

here's a realistic and topical scenario for everyone:
you've probably read the thread about the bicycle groper at asu. that guy's a piece of shit. people on this board are talking about street justice and doing your own sting and taking this guy down. well, at the same time the actual police are having that same discussion. the difference is, they're really going to do it even though the guy might be very, very dangerous. and they have to make sure that their operation doesn't get anyone else needlessly injured and that they don't screw something up (like not reading him his rights or something) so the guy walks on a technicality. and they might capture him randomly, or they might be setting up some complex sting - who knows. when they take him down, it may be without incident or it may be a spectacle. they have to prepare for either eventuality. hell, they might randomly stop him for running a red light and ID the guy, so literally anywhere at anytime they need to be prepared to deal with it.

so while you're saying "fuck the police", please keep in mind that this scenario (and thousands of others like it) is on their mind every second of every day.

should we be allowed to videotape that? yeah, probably. but don't watch some 3 second clip of a cop hitting a guy and assume that the cop is evil.

and yes, i know there are bad cops and they fuck with kids outside of shows for having long hair or whatever. and yes, i know that some are on a power trip to make up for the fact that they got picked on in high school. spare me.

+1

I have as much trouble with cops as the next person - and generally feel that many of them are hopelessly incompetent - BUT sometimes you need them and have to figure out how to work with them to improve your quality of life (read: manage hard-drug dealing neighbors, shootings, gangs...).

#36 BigAdamFest

BigAdamFest

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

Comin' straight from the underground?
Try and make sure you follow a trend. You wouldn't want to come off as original or anything.

#37 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

haha that's awesome

#38 LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

So my dad goes to Tennessee and when he gets home he finds in the mail pictures taken from hidden cameras on the sides of the road that apparently showed he was driving too fast at two specific instances. He received two tickets along with these photos. :(

tumblr_n074bwaG7G1soiz10o1_500.gif

#39 mattm

mattm

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

off the pigs!

#40 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

So my dad goes to Tennessee and when he gets home he finds in the mail pictures taken from hidden cameras on the sides of the road that apparently showed he was driving too fast at two specific instances. He received two tickets along with these photos. :(

NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THEM

then, continue to ignore until one is received certified or you get served. its quite easy. especially if you are in another state, im sure they arent going to cross state lines to serve papers on tickets. i may or may not :rolleyes: know people who have gotten a few of these, and as long as you dont have any traceable way to show you got them AND you dont get like 8 of them in a year you are good.

#41 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THEM

then, continue to ignore until one is received certified or you get served. its quite easy. especially if you are in another state, im sure they arent going to cross state lines to serve papers on tickets. i may or may not :rolleyes: know people who have gotten a few of these, and as long as you dont have any traceable way to show you got them AND you dont get like 8 of them in a year you are good.

Troof.

I've heard from a cop before that the companies that process these do not even give them to the authorities until you've responded (aka admitting guilt)

If you do not respond, or wait to actually get served, nothing happens. Though if the papers are served i.e. through some kind of courier, or someone
at home accepts them on your behalf, you're on the hook.

#42 Guest_Brad Singer_*

Guest_Brad Singer_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Quezo's a cop!

#43 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

and yet another bang up job by local law enforcement

#44 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

National experts on excessive use of force by police said it is rare for an officer to be prosecuted and extremely unusual to see convictions.

David Klinger, author of a book on the subject titled "Into the Kill Zone," said there is no nationwide data, but officers who shoot subjects while on duty are prosecuted less than 2 percent of the time, and most of those wind up being acquitted.

ugh
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#45 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

this is crazy shit

not related to cops but this case pisses me off so much. she's 15 years old and filed a false police report after she got beat up and for that was sentenced to 12 months in PRISON. He, an adult man working as a juvenile court counselor, rapes her (while she's handcuffed) in an elevator and he gets 10 years PROBATION?

ZERO prison time.

:blink: :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users