• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

Godflesh ~ Slavestate
Dead Child ~ s/t
Boris ~ Pink
v/a ~ 8-Bit Operators: The Music of Kraftwerk
The Russian Futurists ~ Our Thickness
Isis ~ Live Selections IV (I am a merch whore)

#2222 guitarduane

guitarduane

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:37 PM

the ataris - welcome the night

pleasantly surprised by this.

#2223 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

:blink:
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#2224 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

Doomriders ~ Black Thunder (Thanks to those who mentioned it in this topic)

So so good.

they were so unpretentious and real; that was when indie music was actually something more meaningful instead of prefab haircut band in the requisite ironic tight t-shirt well groomed for the latest issue of magnet...you know? evreything seems so formula driven now, even indie music.

I was thinking about this a little while back myself. Indie rock was so different then. Could there be a Pavement now? Is there any bands like Dinosaur Jr.? Off the top of my head, the only band putting out records now with that same vibe is Mission of Burma, and I don't think they really count since they are from that era.

old fartism sets in...

see you at the meeting?
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#2225 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:24 PM

So so good.

they were so unpretentious and real; that was when indie music was actually something more meaningful instead of prefab haircut band in the requisite ironic tight t-shirt well groomed for the latest issue of magnet...you know? evreything seems so formula driven now, even indie music.

I was thinking about this a little while back myself. Indie rock was so different then. Could there be a Pavement now? Is there any bands like Dinosaur Jr.? Off the top of my head, the only band putting out records now with that same vibe is Mission of Burma, and I don't think they really count since they are from that era.

old fartism sets in...

see you at the meeting?

GET OFF MY PORCH YOU DAMN FALL OUT BOYS!
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#2226 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

In my day, we wore eyeliner, and it MEANT something.

It wasn't some goddamn fashion for everyone to enjoy.

Dammit.

#2227 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

Yeah!!! And my horrible bleach blonde Bow Wow Wow-esque mohawk meant something...

I'm not sure what, exactly.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#2228 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Okay, you made that shit up, HFE.

#2229 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

So so good.

old fartism sets in...

see you at the meeting?

lol
yeah i realize being 36 that some of that 'i pine for the good old days' is there; prolly in 1985 there was some indie curmudgeon going, jeez these husker du dudes kinda suck, i wish there were more bands like the ramones, cuz that was cool. now these guys don't even know how to dress right, they look like garbagemen. lol. ok whatever, i'm an old fart. god forbid 10 years from now some indiesnob will be thinking 'god remember when Fall Out Boy was the greatest? now all these bands sound like julio inglesias meet iron maiden. yuck!

#2230 Ninjaneer

Ninjaneer

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

Boris - Amplifier Worship
Eluvium - Copia
Acetate Zero - Softcore Paradise
Unbroken - Life Love Regret
I saved latin. What did you ever do?

#2231 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

Desert Sessions 9 & 10
EODM - Peace love death metal
Fu Manchu - California Crossing
Aphex Twin - Drukqs
pg. 99 - Document #8

#2232 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

So so good.

[I was thinking about this a little while back myself. Indie rock was so different then. Could there be a Pavement now? Is there any bands like Dinosaur Jr.? Off the top of my head, the only band putting out records now with that same vibe is Mission of Burma, and I don't think they really count since they are from that era.

i agree with you in part, but there are some bands out there putting out records with that "vibe"
for example, if you haven't already, check out the wrens, their story is incredible
especially since they managed to stay together. there's plenty more but that's the best example i can think of.

#2233 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:56 AM

So so good.

[I was thinking about this a little while back myself. Indie rock was so different then. Could there be a Pavement now? Is there any bands like Dinosaur Jr.? Off the top of my head, the only band putting out records now with that same vibe is Mission of Burma, and I don't think they really count since they are from that era.

i agree with you in part, but there are some bands out there putting out records with that "vibe"
for example, if you haven't already, check out the wrens, their story is incredible
especially since they managed to stay together. there's plenty more but that's the best example i can think of.

Yeah the Wrens would fall in that category. I don't think they came to my mind because I don't really like them. Also, they got their start in the early-mid 90's, so technically they are from that era of indie rock already. When I said the above quote, I was more thinking about bands that put out their first album in the last 5 years or so.

Who knows. Music is so accessible now, maybe it doesn't even matter. Also, I suppose it is a bit too early to determine any current band's place in history.

I'm not even sure what I'm talking about anymore.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#2234 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

hardy harr
ash reiter
brent miles & NM&aWG collaboration

#2235 Ninjaneer