Photo

Concerts for Kerry

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_the messenger_*

Guest_the messenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

Well first off, don't believe everything Michael Moore wants you to believe...
Michael Moore is just as big a liar as George Bush and his cabinet.

Whether GWBush had alterior motives or not, something needed to be done about Terrorism.
I don't agree with everything that went down. I don't fully support Bush. I am just looking for reasons why you guys support Kerry so much...?

and no one can provide me with reasons why? (other than he's "not bush")

#32 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:36 PM

and no one can provide me with reasons why? (other than he's "not bush")

but that's the point

#33 bobby

bobby

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:40 PM

I'm afraid I've squeezed my political sponge dry. I can't give you any more than that.

Who would I vote for If I could pick anybody?

Paul Newman

#34 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

can we please stop talking about this and move to the rum tenor/tuscon thread below
and talk about what is really important
FOOD

#35 Guest_the messenger_*

Guest_the messenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:43 PM

so you would vote for someone, solely based on the fact that they are "the other candidate" ?

there's plenty more issues in our country that have to be addressed than this war.
what happens when the war is over?
just because someone is against this war does not make them a good president.

why do you support kerry?
If your band is playing the "concert for kerry", you should know why you support him, right? are you doing it for exposure?
are you doing it because your friends are doing it?
(enlighten me, please.)

#36 Guest_the messenger_*

Guest_the messenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

Bobby - word.

#37 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

http://theshizz.org/...t=ST&f=2&t=6825

We've already had this dicussion, whether voting for someone who can beat Bush or voting for someone you genuinely think will make the best president is the better option for the upcoming election.

#38 bobby

bobby

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:24 PM

so you would vote for someone, solely based on the fact that they are "the other candidate" ?

there's plenty more issues in our country that have to be addressed than this war.
what happens when the war is over?
just because someone is against this war does not make them a good president.

why do you support kerry?
If your band is playing the "concert for kerry", you should know why you support him, right? are you doing it for exposure?
are you doing it because your friends are doing it?
(enlighten me, please.)

I decided which party I was going to support years ago when I started voting. I am the
only Democrat in a family of 80 Republicans here in Phoenix.

Do I think that bigger changes than what Kerry proposes are needed in this country? Absolutely.
I don't like the two party system. And after reading a lot of Aaron's posts I'm thinking more and
more about where I stand. But today I stand behind John Kerry and the Democratic party.
I want to get involved. I don't have a lot of money I can donate but I can donate my time for a show.
Am I doing it for exposure, sure that's part of it too.

I'm not the best cheer leader in the Democratic party but I'd like to see all of you Kerry supporters
out there at the show. For a $10.00 donation you get to see 4 bands, some dancers, some comedians,
and you get to see what real Democrats look like. I think there will be men with cigars and women
with sparkly dresses. Again, $2.00 Heinekens...all night.

Bobby - word.

Word.

#39 Guest_the messenger_*

Guest_the messenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

bobby- word.

#40 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

who is this messenger? let's shoot him. what's next? is he gonna start telling us he likes bands we haven't heard of? challenging our opinions? questioning our motives? bagging on the scene? the bands? modified? stinkweeds? the shizz, itself? he must be shot!
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#41 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,127 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:40 PM

don't kil the messenger
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#42 bobby

bobby

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

who is this messenger?  let's shoot him.  what's next?  is he gonna start telling us he likes bands we haven't heard of?  challenging our opinions?  questioning our motives? bagging on the scene?  the bands?  modified? stinkweeds?  the shizz, itself?  he must be shot!

What's the point in posting this? I see the irony and the sarcasm but why say this here, now?

Did you not get enough Drama-O's for breakfast?

#43 Guest_Doctor John Hopkins_*

Guest_Doctor John Hopkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

Why bother voting for Kerry. God has ordained Bush as his mouthpiece here in pre-Rapture land.

#44 Guest_Doctor John Hopkins_*

Guest_Doctor John Hopkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

Bush and the Jesus Factor

"The day he was inaugurated there were several of us who met with him at the governor's mansion," says Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission. "And among the things he said to us was, 'I believe that God wants me to be president.'"

#45 Guest_the messenger_*

Guest_the messenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

"who is this messenger? let's shoot him. what's next? is he gonna start telling us he likes bands we haven't heard of? challenging our opinions? questioning our motives? bagging on the scene? the bands? modified? stinkweeds? the shizz, itself? he must be shot!"

hee hee

(you sounded like "Bush on Al-Qaeda" just then)

All I wanted was to try and understand where you guys are coming from with your support for Kerry...

I never said "VOTE FOR BUSH" or "DON'T VOTE FOR KERRY".

It's all about understanding. I want to understand...

p.s. don't shoot the messenger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users