#16 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

Henri,

Every scene, community, city, school, workplace has an inherent number of people that can be classified as a clique. The clique is a sociological phenonema that has been around before the beginning of humanity. The passion that you convey is undeniable and I applaud your community-building pursuits, but you have to remember that a lot of us Shizz-folk are long-time valley musicians who have been there and done that, so to speak; and are quite aware of the highs and lows of our music scene. Maybe the Shizz isn't the birthplace for musical revolution, but more a place to exchange Arizona music and social anecdotes. Keep up the fight and keep rocking!

nathan

#17 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

i'm sorry but you're not gonna revolutionize
the phx "art/music scene" on a message board.
you're beating a dead horse.
90% of the people i know on here have done
more than their share to contribute and
have been doing so years before you came on here.

this thread has given me a headache.
just for that i gonna stand that much
further from the stage and cross my arms
extra tight at the next show.

#18 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

my arms are 'extra' tightly folded too now, dammit! ;)
y'all should've gone to high school here...
and if you lived here long enough, you'd see the ugly side of capitalism...
phoenix is a real estate 'gold mine!'
i'm willing to embrace the good aspects of this place, but not be a snowbird... we've got enough of them... if you don't understand my posts, find another native in their early 20's (good luck!) and ask them their frustrations with this place...
my hometown disgusts me at times, and i'm not afraid to admit it.

#19 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:13 PM

You speak of us informing and educating people,
but you may want to rethink your strategy because
if it's anything like this thread you've only come
across as an insulting know-it-all.

I feel like you got pissed about a certain thread
and just shit a rant all over everyone.

and if that's the case, "Welcome to the Shizz."

PS: going to your hurricane benefit will humble
some of my elitist ideas of the world owing me
because I play guitar...
fuck you, you elitist prick.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#20 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:16 PM

Henri,

Every scene, community, city, school, workplace has an inherent number of people that can be classified as a clique. The clique is a sociological phenonema that has been around before the beginning of humanity. The passion that you convey is undeniable and I applaud your community-building pursuits, but you have to remember that a lot of us Shizz-folk are long-time valley musicians who have been there and done that, so to speak; and are quite aware of the highs and lows of our music scene. Maybe the Shizz isn't the birthplace for musical revolution, but more a place to exchange Arizona music and social anecdotes. Keep up the fight and keep rocking!

nathan

Nathan, you're so much nicer than me....

well said.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#21 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

because I play guitar...

righteous!

LB i don't think you have room to talk here,
afterall what have you done for the phx music/art scene huh?

#22 wingedvictory

wingedvictory

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:41 PM

Good ol' sweet tomato(e)s?
Vegan days and stormy bloody, beefy nights....
Y'all may as well measure yer johnsons.
Or a pissing contest...
Peace in the PHX.
Pete,
the Winged Victory Team.

#23 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:24 AM

Henri,

Every scene, community, city, school, workplace has an inherent number of people that can be classified as a clique.  The clique is a sociological phenonema that has been around before the beginning of humanity.  The passion that you convey is undeniable and I applaud your community-building pursuits, but you have to remember that a lot of us Shizz-folk are long-time valley musicians who have been there and done that, so to speak; and are quite aware of the highs and lows of our music scene.  Maybe the Shizz isn't the birthplace for  musical revolution, but more a place to exchange Arizona music and social anecdotes.  Keep up the fight and keep rocking!

nathan

Nathan, you're so much nicer than me....

well said.

but you're so much nicer looking than me Ms. Barton.

I have met Henri a few times and he is a very nice person, fueled with many ideas and strong motivation. We all remember the mindset of being green and playing in a new band and the desire for any type of recognition...

#24 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

Or a pissing contest...
Peace in the PHX.

i do get a bit self-righteous about this town sometimes...
but you're an asshole! ;)

#25 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:58 AM

I don't know what I think of all this... except to say, the world DOES owe me. Fuckers.

#26 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

I don't know what I think of all this... except to say, the world DOES owe me. Fuckers.

:lol:

#27 Guest_hbiz_*

Guest_hbiz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:34 AM

I don't think the Shizz is the birthplace for revolution, of course not, it is of course a means to convey an opinion. Technology is a huge part of our youth movement, and I am sorry if some of you older folk think that I am an elitist. I personally do not care because running an art gallery/music venue to make money is not what this is about. And a very special thank you to you Ms. Barton for your comments as well. I feel as though you were just looking for a place to vent your anger and frustrations, and using your "status" to do so. There is that level of thinking once again. Also, in my opinion, you could be a little more professional when respondeding to emails and such. Ignoring people is not right. What are you doing for the city??? What are you doing beside running a venue??? Please tell, I'd love to know. That is important, improving this city and its peoples' attitudes, helping our community thrive and move into a different, more positive direction. This is my hometown, and I hate the lack of direction it has. And I truly dislike how people like you just feel the need to criticize, not attempt to motivate. Your other friend may have a headache, but in reality, this post made all of you think and it generated several responses. That is progress, putting things into the public arena and discussing them, finding out other's opinions. Atleast I am trying to motivate people, challenge them to leave their comfort zones and learn something new about the world around them. You, Ms. Barton, are just another person here to criticize and use your "social status," whatever that may be b/c you book for the Modified, to continue to bitch about how dumb everyone else in the world is. I do applaud you for having the guts to say

because I play guitar...

but I am not a prick and I am not looking for recgonition. I am simply telling you that you will be seeing positive, progressive commuinty changes in the local scene and it is not because of your criticism and ideas. They will come from a community inspiring one another, connecting with another. I just hope I can change your opinion of my thoughts, b/c I am not being condescending, you just want to read it that way so you can tell me to fuck off and look tough in front of everyone else. :ph34r:

#28 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

Dude, it's LESLIE, why bash on her AT ALL?

And everybody is getting really annoying with all these ninja smileys...

I'd put in something here about, "Aw, someone needs a hug!" But I'm told only creeps hug people...

#29 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:57 AM

Or a pissing contest...
Peace in the PHX.

you're a dick pete, but you're right! ;)

#30 Guest_hbiz_*

Guest_hbiz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

Why bash on anyone? I am not about bashing, but I will defend my ideas and thoughts when needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users