#46 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:56 PM

Henri,
I'm glad to see that you are so passionate about your band/music and improving the "scene." Society and human/animal behavior naturally creates "cliques." I feel like an outsider in my own neighborhood because I am not LDS for example. And this SHIZZ thing should seem a little cliqueish, it was started amongst a small group of friends and grew through word of mouth and a bugs natural curiousity/attraction to light. The small group of friends/musicians, by the way, felt like outsiders several years ago because their/our bands didn't "fit in" with a lot of the local bands at the time. ( Thanks for everything D! ) I have been fortunate enough to have played in several different cities and I was also part of the "scene" in Detroit a few years back as well. We have a pretty good thing going here, it's not perfect but I promise you it is better than the majority of towns in this fine country.

I know it can be frustrating when everyone is not as passionate about your cause or music as you are. Blindly refering to folks around here as elitists is a little strong though. I've always thought that we take pretty good care of each other and take a lot of interest in the outside world. One example is the benefit held recently at the Modified for the young lady that was hurt at the "where eagles dare" show. On a personal note, last year I put together a last minute Tsunami Benefit right after New Years. ( And I mean "LAST MINUTE.") Leslie had a last minute cancelation and was able to provide the Modified on a Saturday night well below the normal rate and without me even having a line up. When I started discovering that many of the Shizz bands had members out of town or were already playing (or couldn't get down from Flag due to the SNOW!), Leslie was instrumental in helping me secure other bands (thank you too Haley!!) to donate their time and energy. The Shizz folks that were in town were incredibly generous, some stopped by with donations even if they couldnt stay (Mary, you are the best!). We were able to donate over $1k to the Red Cross which would not have been possible without everyones help, especially Ms Barton.

Anyways, this soapbox is getting a little wobbly. I'll be checking in on my friends at the Shizz Second Saturday this weekend. I am the large guy that looks like a narc (I'm not) or someones dad (I am). Come by and introduce yourself and I'll by you a frosty beverage.

#47 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

blah blah

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#48 bobby

bobby

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

Hail It!

#49 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

whats up bob labla,

oh i love that arrested development show

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#50 bobby

bobby

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

sup, chad kaka?

#51 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone. We should all get together and love each other and Fatigo is playing at Monroe's with the Lovers of Guts this friday and generate positivity even if we don't like eachother. We should all love and be loved till the end of time and beyond into the burning sunset and out the back door of humanity there might be a cover of three dollars and we should generate so much positivity that flowers come out of our butts. See you at the show!

#52 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

Hi everyone. We should all get together and love each other and Fatigo is playing at Monroe's with the Lovers of Guts this friday and generate positivity even if we don't like eachother. We should all love and be loved till the end of time and beyond into the burning sunset and out the back door of humanity there might be a cover of three dollars and we should generate so much positivity that flowers come out of our butts. See you at the show!

the Fatigo subliminal message train rolls on :o

#53 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

the Fatigo subliminal message train rolls on :o

:lol:

#54 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

more like lame hippy drum circle love crap, not the band the intention

1965 just called.......................

shhhh i'm not here

-trunkspace

#55 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

yeah chad
don't you have some fingerpainting
or macaroni plates to make?
oh i'm sorry, to teach!

#56 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

yeah chad
don't you have some fingerpainting
or macaroni plates to make?
oh i'm sorry, to teach!

:lol: :lol:

#57 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

I don't know what I think of all this... except to say, the world DOES owe me. Fuckers.

awwwwwwwwwww....does someone need a hug? ;)
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#58 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

I don't know what I think of all this... except to say, the world DOES owe me. Fuckers.

does someone need a monkey pile?

MONKEY PILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#59 Guest_elsonador_*

Guest_elsonador_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

:lol:

#60 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Scene schmene...

'scene' means going to see bands I don't like, and people who don't like my band feeling obligated to come see my band....

I don't see how being a 'musician' or 'artist' obliges anyone to do anything anymore than being a plumber or dishwasher obliges anyone to do....Should plumbers feel they need to do more for the community? The whole artist elitism thing is retarded....I'm sorry, artists are not special little people. There are few different cliques on this board....I don't really feel part of any clique myself......I'm not too sure my band is part of any clique, I don't even know if we'd played with any other Shizz bands, have we? ....we haven't played any Shizz shows, and that's cool....I don't do anything for the scene. I play music, I don't see how I'm obliged to do anything else...If I hear of a cool local band that is 'my thang'...I tell people about them & go see them....I certainly don't tell Leslie Barton what I REALLY think of her ( ;) )....I'm comfortable with where my band plays, with who we play with, & where we play....I guess if I was younger & wanted some attention, i might be worried about 'the scene'...there is a very diverse crowd here...there is a Shizz scene I guess, but not all of us are really in the middle of it...there are little scenes all over this town, aren't there? Again, a good scene is made up of good bands & cool venues (thanks Leslie & Kimber)..... you can't make a good scene, it's like trying to force someone to love you....don't werk.

If you're so into supporting the scene, then I totally expect you to come the Rhythm Room, pay the $14, buy a cd...& introduce yourself.

hfe

p.s. Aaron kicked my ass at Raquet Ball....so, I had to was HIS back...
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users