Photo

New Venue (no Pa Yet, But Liquor And Entertainment Licenses)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

if it's a sign inside the bar then whatev... don't care about that. but naming a business that... well, yeah i stick by my original post in that case.
Wii: 5897-7799-8236-4316
Xbox Live: hunterxaz
PSN: hunterxaz

http://www.hunterxaz...raid_to_die.mp3

#17 guitarduane

guitarduane

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

Here is the original post. If they're really giving this guy a hard time over the proposed "Drunkenstein's" sign, that sounds like a witch hunt to me. You might as well give the Paper Heart a hard time about that big painting of saggy man-tits that they have near the bar.

great, now i'm sure some bureaucrat is going to read this is now the paper heart is going to close. :ph34r:

.... too soon?

#18 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:59 AM

I didn't know that was a man either. I guess I was paying attention to the boobs too much to verify the actual gender.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#19 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

Drunkenstein should be a band name at least ... could play some shows with Frankenshred.

#20 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:39 PM

Actually, Dr. Drunkenstein is the name of some European band; here come the copyright infringement lawsuits! hehe

I explained to the city council just like was mentioned above, that the name Drunkenstein's would not be used, it is not legal because it promotes the overconsumption of alcohol. The general concensus I've received afterwards was that the council thought I was trying to pull a fast one on them.

I've actually just gotten the outside sign on the building changed to "The Haunted Castle." Drunkenstein's would make a cool tshirt, with a picture of Frankenstein's monster holding up a big beer stein, but I would never have named it as such for the very reason that it's already disrupting the progress of my business. There will always be someone to protest Hooters, or Pink Taco, or "loud music" even though I already have the entertainment license.

The Bill Butlers (the "its all just noise to this old farm boy's ears" guy who created this whole mess) of the world don't give a damn about me just trying to make my business at least provide a moderate income for myself. They don't care about me having to struggle to feed my 3 kids. So the last thing they would care about is local entertainers not having a facility to present their art to the world.

I think the immortal Phil Buckman said it best, "There is stuff in this world, some of it is good and some of it is bad."

I'm just trying not to let the bad guys win.
Posted Image

#21 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

it so odd that I read this as I am listening to some IHYWYP, but he is currently saying that "Peter Frampton Must Die" so I don't think that is relevant.

I hope the best for you Nil, please don't let the bad guys win.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#22 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

just try to be a good guy. Or even an OK guy. Just not nice. Nice guys finish last.
I still don't have a signature.

#23 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

Shrug, the guy did an unprofessional / stupid thing and now he's paying the consequence for it. Drunkenstein's is not an approrpriate business name, nor is it responsible to promote being drunk. I mean, yeah -- it's kinda funny, but not appropriate. A lot of shit is funny that's not appropriate though.

I mean, I drink and all but I realize that it's not a socially responsible thing to do to brag about it or condone that others do it.

i agree with this post and it brought to mind 'deadbeats' in scottsdale. it was the old vine or flicka's. again, funny, but inappropriate. i don't drink alcohol, but always wondered what kind of person would want to go to a place called 'deadbeats' and drink alcohol. might as well call it 'low-lifes' or something. anyway, it burned down.

nil, i hope you win, cause it sounds like they are just giving you the runaround because they can. so lame.

#24 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

i do believe i'll be coming down for a drink this evening aroung 8:30.

anyone care to join me? :lol:

#25 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

xx
you're a signature.

#26 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

Continued good luck!

It's dumb that the "drunkenstein" thing couldn't have been just dismissed as a joke. At the least, declaring that "The Haunted Castle" is the planned name of the venue - that should make "drunkenstein's" a moot point.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#27 Gaudustophe

Gaudustophe

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:38 AM

tonight was so fun!

hope there are more shows to come.

#28 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

http://www.eastvalle...om/story/108361

IS THIS YOU? LOL IRL IF SO

Posted Image

"Perhaps the blood of the inculpable will cause a paradigm shift," Havelock allegedly wrote.

"Alas, this all boils down to an econopolitical confrontation," the manifesto reads. "I cannot outvote, outspend, outtax, or outincarcerate my enemies. But for a brief moment I can outgun them."

Havelock continued, "And all because you took my right to work, to own a business from me. No one destroys my dream."

Lol, man you're fuckin' whacked out. Talk about scumbags, look in the mirror buddy. (Or, that atrocious picture I posted.) I like when people go nuts and they try to sound so philosophical and prophetic. Wow! I knew there was something crazy about you all along. Ha!
Wii: 5897-7799-8236-4316
Xbox Live: hunterxaz
PSN: hunterxaz

http://www.hunterxaz...raid_to_die.mp3

#29 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

:ph34r: woah dude :ph34r:

and now az central chimes in:

http://www.azcentral...hreats0206.html

oh and

derr

PHOENIX -- A Tempe man planned a Super Bowl massacre in response to the city of Tempe's denial of his application for a liquor license, the FBI said.

Kurt Havelock, 35, turned himself in to Tempe police Sunday night.

The Tempe City Council denied Havelock's application for a liquor license in October, after learning he planned to call his Halloween-themed restaurant "Drunkenstein's" instead of "The Haunted Castle." Havelock applied for the license using "The Haunted Castle" as the restaurant's name, then wrote in an online forum that the "city council wouldn't approve of Drunkenstein's, which will be the actual name above the bar," Council records show.

According to an FBI affidavit, Havelock told police he bought an AR-15 rifle from the Scottsdale Gun Club because he was "distraught" over the denial.

Havelock wrote an eight-page manifesto detailing his reasons for planning an attack at the Super Bowl and mailed eight copies of the document from a post office in Glendale, according to the affidavit.

In the manifesto, Havelock wrote that he originally planned to attack crowds at the Desert Ridge Marketplace in north Phoenix, but changed his mind because "'scum' and 'villainy' reside in Scottsdale," the affidavit shows. Havelock wanted instead to "shed the blood of the innocent," according to the affidavit.

"Perhaps the blood of the inculpable will cause a paradigm shift," Havelock allegedly wrote.

"Alas, this all boils down to an econopolitical confrontation," the manifesto reads. "I cannot outvote, outspend, outtax, or outincarcerate my enemies. But for a brief moment I can outgun them."

Havelock continued, "And all because you took my right to work, to own a business from me. No one destroys my dream."

According to the affidavit, Havelock told the FBI he hoped his manifesto would ignite some type of political and social change.

An avid horror fan, Havelock is listed as a member of the International Order of Horror Professionals and named his interests on an Internet forum as "Finding the strength not to kill myself and take you all with me!"

Havelock is charged with mailing threatening communications and was jailed without bond, the East Valley Tribune reported.

#30 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

hmm. that's unexpected.

did i mention we're having our cd release show there in 2 weeks? i hope.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users