#631 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

Broken Flowers
Great movie. Forgot how much I like both Jarmusch's directing style and Murray's deadpan acting. Makes me want to watch Lost in Translation again. I should prolly queue up a few more Jarmusch movies too.

Imprint
Hour long featurette for the Showtime series "Masters of Horror." Directed by Takashi Miike (Ichii the Killer, Audition, Gozu, etc.) Apparently banned from being aired, and went straight to DVD. Pretty intense torture scene, great costume design, and overall weirdness.

Caligula
I got about an hour in before I finally realized that I was watching the heavily edited version. The original was 156 minutes, and there version I was watching was only 101. I'm pretty much only interested in the uncut version because, well, I'm a depraved fuck. And, I wanna see what got everyone in such a huff.

it sounds to me like most of what you're watching is on the netflix instant queue, no?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#632 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Broken Flowers
Great movie. Forgot how much I like both Jarmusch's directing style and Murray's deadpan acting. Makes me want to watch Lost in Translation again. I should prolly queue up a few more Jarmusch movies too.

Imprint
Hour long featurette for the Showtime series "Masters of Horror." Directed by Takashi Miike (Ichii the Killer, Audition, Gozu, etc.) Apparently banned from being aired, and went straight to DVD. Pretty intense torture scene, great costume design, and overall weirdness.

Caligula
I got about an hour in before I finally realized that I was watching the heavily edited version. The original was 156 minutes, and there version I was watching was only 101. I'm pretty much only interested in the uncut version because, well, I'm a depraved fuck. And, I wanna see what got everyone in such a huff.

it sounds to me like most of what you're watching is on the netflix instant queue, no?

Yes. I have 3 movies out at a time, but I usually watch like 3-4 movies in a night (when I'm not playing XBox all night,) so I'm using the instant stuff a lot.

#633 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:24 PM

Broken Flowers

Imprint

Caligula

Yes. I have 3 movies out at a time, but I usually watch like 3-4 movies in a night (when I'm not playing XBox all night,) so I'm using the instant stuff a lot.

i recognized a lot of the titles from the instant queue since i'm always trying to find stuff on there to watch. my big find over the weekend was that all of akira kurosawa's movies are on there.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#634 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

Nice! I could stand to watch Seven Samurai again. There's a few Hitchcock, Fellini and Polanski movies too.

#635 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

Star Trek The Next Generation - Our young Wesley Crusher is in love. *But*, it's with some hot chick who's the last hope for some crackerjack planet. He tries and gets love advice from everybody...Mission Accomplished?

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#636 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Paris, je t'aime
18 5 to 10-minute segments by 20 different directors. Best movie I've seen in a while. My favorite segment was the last one, "14ème Arrondissement," about the American tourist.

I agree with all of this.

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#637 HaikuNoU

HaikuNoU

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Southland Tales
War Inc.
they were both pretty good :)
"Every Saint has a past, but every sinner has a future"-Oscar Wilde

#638 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

I watched JCVD & Public Enemies and went to sleep half way thru on both of those.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#639 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

ARCHER

it's so good.

#640 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

Skins

it's a BBC show. it's like if all those crappy teen dramas we have over here didn't suck.

netflix insta-watch fo' sho'.

i watched based on your recommendation and i didn't like it at all. I guess i prefer crappy US teen dramas rather than watching a bunch of pasty english wankers try to drug girls in order to get laid.

boo

#641 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

Skins

it's a BBC show. it's like if all those crappy teen dramas we have over here didn't suck.

i watched based on your recommendation and i didn't like it at all. I guess i prefer crappy US teen dramas rather than watching a bunch of pasty english wankers try to drug girls in order to get laid.

boo

well i'm sorry if i like sickly-looking girls. :angry:

#642 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

Skins

boo

well i'm sorry if i like sickly-looking girls. :angry:

you should be! :angry:

#643 Ninjaneer

Ninjaneer

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Death Note - Volume 1
The Odessa File
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
The Vistor (gut wrenching)
Death to Smoochy

It was a highly productive weekend.
I saved latin. What did you ever do?

#644 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Death Note - Volume 1

yes to this.

#645 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

Currently I'm watching the bestest...

I've YET to hear anyone sound better live than their album like this woman does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users