1351 replies to this topic

#61 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I heard it got mediocre reviews, same as the Love Guru. I will still watch both most likely.
Wii: 5897-7799-8236-4316
Xbox Live: hunterxaz
PSN: hunterxaz

http://www.hunterxaz...raid_to_die.mp3

#62 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,224 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

i pretty much can't stop watching radiohead's cover of 'ceremony'
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#63 woodman

woodman

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

i am excited about the new season of Burn Notice coming on, it is awesomely cheesy. i love bruce campbell. i haven't been too wowed with the current season of BSG, actually. and i am super pissed now that we have to wait like 6 months for the "second half" of this last season. why not just make it two seasons? or whatever. i swear, by the time it airs i will have lost a lot of interest in it.

EDIT: THIS IS KRISTIN POSTING ON MATT'S ACCOUNT.

#64 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Iceroad Truckers

I watched this just because it was recommended here - I liked it a lot. I would watch bearded Canadians do anything (except play hockey, but I'm even starting to feel guilty for that...). Cool show

As for other stuff, I would like to suggest the following:

A Bit of Fry and Laurie - British sketch comedy show featuring mother fuckin' House - Hugh Laurie. Heavy on linguistic elasticity and word play.

Cracker - (Also) British crime drama staring Robbie Coltrane as a crack detective who excels in his professional life while his personal life is perpetually falling apart. I don't particularly enjoy crime dramas, but this one I love.

The Newsroom - Canadians! Little brother of The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and the Larry Sanders Show. Worthy of a rental if you're a fan of any of those shows. Free sample!

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#65 miss-jenny

miss-jenny

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

Mongol just opened at Harkins Camelview.

Troy and I've been anxiously awaiting this for a couple of months. I saw a random preview for it when I was in another movie, then never saw it again.
We looked it up online and it looks awesome!

We'll probably see it tonight.

#66 apple

apple

Shizz Full Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

this
charismatico.

#67 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Yeah I heard it got mediocre reviews, same as the Love Guru. I will still watch both most likely.

yea i'm sure i'll end up seeing that too i'm a sucker for hockey movies, it's about hockey right?

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#68 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Finished the new Futurama straight-to-DVD movie which just came out yesterday. In my opinion, far superior to Bender's Big Score, and half of season four for that matter.

Awesome to the max. Highly recommended for Futurama fans.

Also, finally picked up "The Ten" - by some of the same people that brought you "Wet Hot American Summer".

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#69 Peter

Peter

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:10 AM

I like 1) when they start serving booze to high school kids and 2) when they try to meet chicks at abortion protests

I like when they get addicted to crack so they can collect gov't support checks.

the tryout for the eagles/lsd episode is still my favorite. second would have to be the serpico episode.

After they accidentally blow up the building, it cuts to them in the bar singing More Than Words a capella. Best moment in the history of TV.

Also, Real Life.
Like it or not, this is a place where we talk about sandwiches.
-Bobby

#70 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

"The Brothers Solomon" - Poor man's Dumb & Dumber staring Will Arnett and Will Forte. Generally not that funny, but with a handful of laughs. Let's just say it had me longing for "Let's Go To Prison"...I wouldn't recommend it, but I also wouldn't not recommend it. So take that for what it's worth.

EDIT: After a couple more viewings, this is not worse than "Let's Go To Prison" (if for no other reason than they're using him right this time: he's a dick, not the sympathetic character) - still not a ringing endorsement, but tis true.

"Wrong Guy" - Dave Foley is some corporate dude who threatens to kill his boss when he gets passed over for a promotion. He finds the boss murdered by someone else and thinks everyone will think he'll do it. So he turns fugitive. But he doesn't know there is video footage of the murder and he was never a suspect. Hilarity ensues. Also stars David Anthony Higgins (the fat dude with glasses from the Ellen sitcom...Oh, and Malcolm in the Middle too I guess...). Very solid B level comedy. I ended up watching it four times before I returned it, I was so attached. Buy-worthy, but you may have different standards than I...

"Son of Rambow" - British version of "Problem Child" meets "Be Kind Rewind". Two kids, one trouble maker, one quiet kid become unexpected friends while making their own movie. Sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. Solid. I'm kinda surprised there's not any buzz (at least any that I've heard) on this one, seems like it would follow in that same quirky vein as films like "Little Miss Sunshine".

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#71 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

Logan's Run ~ Great 70s-era sci-fi that inevitably got overshadowed by Star Wars a year later. Bonus points for unnecessary boobage. Would watch again.

The Bourne Identity ~ I'd seen it before, but I've decided to watch the whole trilogy. Enjoyable fast paced action scenes and Matt Damon somehow pulls off being a badass (I didn't think he had it in him). Bonus points for Franka Potente, Clive Owen, and Mr. Eko.

#72 johnnytron

johnnytron

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

Saw The Darjeening Limited last night.

Jason Schwartzman has a sweet mustache and Natalie Portman is nude in pt. 1 of the movie!

sweet!

#73 johnnytron

johnnytron

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Darjeeling

oops!

#74 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

Something possessed me to watch The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension last night.

Hadn't seen it in decades. About as fun as I remembered it, thought being a complete dork is prerequisite for that.

WAY more 80s than I remembered it. God damn.

#75 thesoop.com

thesoop.com

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

just saw get smart, not bad..... silly fun, but not as stupid silly as i thought it would be.

Just saw that last weekend. That Anne Hathaway, yowwzer! What a hottie!

"Are you staring at my butt?", "No, no, I...I was, but I'm not...I'm staring again."

Posted Image
No, I read once that if you're driving over 55mph on the freeway and pull the key out of the ignition, the steering wheel won't lock, it's designed that way for safety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users