47 replies to this topic

#16 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

i know there is another thread on the board about this but what exactly did he do again?

#17 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

i know there is another thread on the board about this but what exactly did he do again?

In short:

- Mailed manifestos of how he was "wronged" with his business venture. However, his license was denied because he posted on his blog that he was going to operate under the name "Drunkenstein's" instead of a community-safe and common-sense business name, and as such, he was going to go out with a bang and show the world how he was "wronged" by killing people at the super bowl.
- Bought rifles, and ammunition
- Went to the Super Bowl, had a change of heart, and left
- Turned himself in

http://www.postchron...a...&num=129427
http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=4259536
http://www.foxnews.c...,329826,00.html
http://www.kutv.com/...c0-c02a338aaa5a
http://www.kpho.com/...h...ho&psp=news

Kurt William Havelock, who ultimately turned himself in, had vowed to "shed the blood of the innocent" in a manifesto mailed Sunday to media outlets, according to court documents. "No one destroys my dream," he wrote."

"I will test the theory that bullets speak louder than words. Perhaps the blood of the inculpable will cause a paradigm shift. ... Someone has to start the revolution but no one wants to be first."

Yeah, we should feel sympathetic for him.
Wii: 5897-7799-8236-4316
Xbox Live: hunterxaz
PSN: hunterxaz

http://www.hunterxaz...raid_to_die.mp3

#18 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

I just imagine what if I was at the Super Bowl with my 6 year old daughter and this asshole decided to shoot me and / or my daughter for no good reason?

Well, it would suck if your daughter got hurt.

#19 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I just imagine what if I was at the Super Bowl with my 6 year old daughter and this asshole decided to shoot me and / or my daughter for no good reason?

Your daughter wouldn't die for no reason... she would die because he couldn't get his liquor license. So, there ya go.
I still don't have a signature.

#20 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Your daughter wouldn't die for no reason... she would die because he couldn't get his liquor license. So, there ya go.

Touché. That's not a good reason to die though. I appreciate the humor though. :)

#21 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

In short:

- Mailed manifestos of how he was "wronged" with his business venture. However, his license was denied because he posted on his blog that he was going to operate under the name "Drunkenstein's" instead of a community-safe and common-sense business name, and as such, he was going to go out with a bang and show the world how he was "wronged" by killing people at the super bowl.
- Bought rifles, and ammunition
- Went to the Super Bowl, had a change of heart, and left
- Turned himself in

http://www.postchron...a...&num=129427
http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=4259536
http://www.foxnews.c...,329289,00.html
http://www.kutv.com/...c0-c02a338aaa5a

Kurt William Havelock, who ultimately turned himself in, had vowed to "shed the blood of the innocent" in a manifesto mailed Sunday to media outlets, according to court documents. "No one destroys my dream," he wrote."

Yeah, we should feel sympathetic for him.

holy shit, i must be living under a rock because this is the first i've heard of this. i can understand the brother's compassion but man, he did bring ammo and a gun and 'then had a change of heart'. There is no doubt that he needs guidance and anger mgmt. Why would he ever think to hurt innocent people over this? This is just part of a growing epidemic in this country in that when something in life doesn't go yer way, you go on a killing spree. I guess it's kinda the 'in' thing to do now. he will do some time and probably get probabtion for a long, long, time.

#22 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

PS:

According to authorities, Havelock has no criminal history and no history of mental illness. In fact, a mental health evaluation conducted following his arrest found "no mental defects."

Sounds like he's just a fucked up criminal who deserves to be in jail. Shrug.

#23 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I would pray, and I'm not religious, that he would have been given the death penalty had he actually shot and killed someone.

But he didn't, and there is a difference. I don't know Kurt at all, so I can't even consider whether I'd be comfortable writing a letter, but he has served six months for not shooting at anybody already. It was a stupid, pointless, potentially tragic plan, but he didn't follow through on it. I've, uh, had a couple of those myself.

There are plenty of people in the world who are capable of violence and they just haven't shown it yet. If anything, I sometimes feel safer with someone who I already know has been pushed to the limit and learned something from it. Kurt does deserve a chance, based on what we know at this point, to go back to being a productive member of society. He might save your daughter's life someday.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#24 jomama

jomama

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

Generally homophobes are closet gays.

Generally the first one who smelt it dealt it.

Generally someone who is the first one to want a death sentence has his own skeletons he is trying to hide.

Generally speaking of course
Isaiah 16:11 (Farting is cool)
Ezekiel 4:12 (God wants you to eat poop)
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (Kill your son if he is disrespectful and a drunk)

Ah, the wonderful Peru

#25 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

I would pray, and I'm not religious, that he would have been given the death penalty had he actually shot and killed someone.

But he didn't, and there is a difference. I don't know Kurt at all, so I can't even consider whether I'd be comfortable writing a letter, but he has served six months for not shooting at anybody already. It was a stupid, pointless, potentially tragic plan, but he didn't follow through on it. I've, uh, had a couple of those myself.

There are plenty of people in the world who are capable of violence and they just haven't shown it yet. If anything, I sometimes feel safer with someone who I already know has been pushed to the limit and learned something from it. Kurt does deserve a chance, based on what we know at this point, to go back to being a productive member of society. He might save your daughter's life someday.

I cried when I read your response. I am Kurt's mother. Kurt has never been in any trouble before this in his life and he is not a criminal from the past. He has 3 little kids, 2 are in diapers, he was trying to make a living for them. He lost his restaurant business and was being forclosed on his condo. He felt he had no way to take care of his babies and he was angry at the Tempe Board for denying his liquor license. He made a mistake and wrote a bad, bad letter but realized after he mailed it he really couldn't hurt anyone. He came to his senses and turned himself in. Yes he definately needs counseling but he didn't go through with his bad thoughts and doesn't deserve to be in the general population of prison with hardened rapists, and real murders. You are the first person to even try to have compassion. Everyone else wants him in prison for his thoughts which were bad. Thank you for not wanting to condemn him to years of prison for a Thought Crime. His own children need him.

#26 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

WOULD YOU LIKE THE CHARACTER LETTERS TO BE IN ALL CAPS AS WELL

The character letters can be typed anyway you want them. The important thing is if you know Kurt you speak from your heart about the character you have known and seen in him. Thank you for stepping forward for my only son.

#27 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

I hope he gets the help he deserves. He belongs in prison for a while.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, KURT HAS BEEN IN FEDERAL PRISON OVER 6 MONTHS WITHOUT PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING. WE ARE PRAYING THE JUDGE GIVES HIM TIME SERVED WITH MANDATORY COUNSELING. YES HE NEEDS COUNSELING BUT WE DON'T FEEL HE NEEDS TO BE IN A FEDERAL PRISON IN THE GENERAL POPULATION ANY LONGER FOR MAILING THAT LETTER. WE BELIEVE THAT WILL NOT HELP KURT. PLEASE HELP US PRAY TO GOD FOR WHAT IS BEST FOR KURT. I BELIEVE YOU DO NOT KNOW KURT PERSONALLY TO WISH HIM TO REMAIN IN PRISON. I THINK IF YOU KNEW HIM PERSONALLY YOU WOULD FEEL DIFFERENTLY. ANYWAY THANK YOU FOR AT LEAST RESPONDING THAT IS MORE THEN SOME OF HIS FRIENDS HAVE DONE. I'M SORRY YOU NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW THE REAL KURT ONLY THE ONE YOU HAVE READ ABOUT IN THE NEWSPAPER OR SEEN ON TV. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING.

If my wife planned on doing the same things I'd hope that she'd get some help too. It's nothing that knowing him personally could fix. He's fucked up and needs help. End of story. He can get it in prison, where he deserves to be punished for planning such a heinous crime.

Thank you for responding, and I pray your wife never needs any help.

#28 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

good points. i also believe in a 2nd chance but i don't know if the judge will be as lenient.

#29 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

good points. i also believe in a 2nd chance but i don't know if the judge will be as lenient.

thank you for responding. Our whole family is praying the judge has a understanding heart and sends Kurt to mandatory counseling and gives him probation. We feel he can heal better in a loving family setting then in the prison population.

#30 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

You've mailed terrorist communications to news outlets and other media outlets then bought weapons and went to the Super Bowl intending to kill people, but then essentially pussied out at the last minute? I mean it's a good thing he changed his mind, but at that time, he's already committed a crime. He's being charged with other counts, not murder, and I hope he gets the max sentence.

If at 35, he hasn't been a productive member of society, and has thus far in his life been a failure, odds are, based on his life to this point, it will continue to be the same.

There's no guarantee he'll be fully rehabbed, either.

thank you for responding. Our whole family is praying the judge has a understanding heart and sends Kurt to mandatory counseling and gives him probation. We feel he can heal better in a loving family setting then in the prison population.

Of course you feel that way... you're part of his family. An objective view though, which hopefully will be provided by the judge, will put him in jail for at least a couple years. 2 years with mandatory rehab and a few years probation would be a fair sentence. He'd only end up serving a year at the most though.

http://phoenix.fbi.g...08/ph061208.htm

PHOENIX- A federal jury in Phoenix has found Kurt William Havelock, 36, of Tempe, Ariz. guilty on six counts of Mailing Threatening Communications in connection with an investigation into his threats to injure people in the vicinity of Super Bowl XLII in February 2008. Havelock remains in federal custody and is set to be sentenced in front of U.S. District Judge Roslyn O. Silver on August 25, 2008.

United States Attorney Diane J. Humetewa said after the verdict, “threatening to kill random victims at a mass public event caused thousands of innocent people to fear for their safety. Anyone considering actions like Mr. Havelock took here also should consider that this office will prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I commend the fine work of federal and local law enforcement agencies, whose efforts on this case ensured the safety of all during the Super Bowl events.”

“The U.S. Postal Inspection Service will continue to partner with fellow law enforcement agencies to bring those to justice who use our nation’s mail system to mail threatening communications," said Pete Zegarac, Phoenix Division Inspector in Charge. “Our participation in this investigation underscores our agency’s commitment to protect the Postal Service and its customers."

John Lewis, Special Agent in Charge, FBI, Phoenix stated that, “In today’s society violent threats against the public will be investigated to the fullest extent of the law. The guilty verdict of Kurt William Havelock shows that these types of threats will not be tolerated. Through the dedicated hard work of our Agents and our law enforcement partners, evidence was provided that resulted in the conviction of Mr. Havelock.”

The charges alleged that Havelock mailed threatening letters to various media outlets including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and Phoenix New Times, containing threats to kill people in the vicinity of Super Bowl XLII played in Glendale, Ariz. The threatening letters were mailed from a Post Office in Glendale but were intercepted by law enforcement prior to reaching the intended recipients.

A conviction for Mailing Threatening Communications carries a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison, a $250,000 fine or both. In determining an actual sentence, Judge Silver will consult the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, which provide appropriate sentencing ranges. The judge, however, is not bound by those guidelines in determining a sentence.

The investigation preceding the indictment was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the Tempe Police Department. The prosecution is being handled by Michael T. Morrissey, Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Arizona, Phoenix.

I'm going to write the Judge, JA, and prosecutor and make sure they know how I feel about the case.

I'm actually kind of scared Kurt will read the threads and especially the one he made about the original Drunkenstein's then come kill me.

Anyhow, this is my last post in this thread. I told Donald I'd lay off. I'm not trying to be antagonistic or mean in this post, just honest.

Bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users