341 replies to this topic

#211 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

You know it really sucks to work in the property management industry in these times. I just got a call from a furious man stating that his neighbor is displaying a Mexican flag and that he wants it taken down immediately. Which is fine his community rules state no flags are to be displayed at all within the community unless it's a designated holiday; so we'll notify the owner to take it down however this guy is seriously undone over this! He told me "If someone doesn't get out here and get this shit down now there will be hell to pay". Really? This man doesn't even live in this community, he just owns the unit, he's in serious debt on his mortgage and this is his beef!? This is what he will put his energy into for the day!?

I'm just amazed by how much hate is in the air. It's completely unnerving and it takes everything in me to hold my tongue when communicating with these shit heads <_<

#212 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

You know it really sucks to work in the property management industry in these times. I just got a call from a furious man stating that his neighbor is displaying a Mexican flag and that he wants it taken down immediately. Which is fine his community rules state no flags are to be displayed at all within the community unless it's a designated holiday; so we'll notify the owner to take it down however this guy is seriously undone over this! He told me "If someone doesn't get out here and get this shit down now there will be hell to pay". Really? This man doesn't even live in this community, he just owns the unit, he's in serious debt on his mortgage and this is his beef!? This is what he will put his energy into for the day!?

I'm just amazed by how much hate is in the air. It's completely unnerving and it takes everything in me to hold my tongue when communicating with these shit heads <_<

Wow Dez, reading stuff like this just pains me.
You are a stronger person than I in holding your tongue, but I guess if your job is at stake, you do what you gotta do.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#213 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

what a doucheface

#214 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

WOW!

Yeah

at my job I have people calling in and stating that they dont even like to have Spanish spoken on the bus.

#215 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

WOW!

Yeah

at my job I have people calling in and stating that they dont even like to have Spanish spoken on the bus.

These people have never been to New York or San Francisco where you hear 3 or 4 different languages going on around you simultaneously.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#216 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

hey nerds, am i doing this math correctly (math is power!):

70% of 500 people polled in the Rasmussen poll, support SB1070, that's 350 people.

350 people out of the documented 5,939,292 people that live here (according to az.gov) is 0.005%

less than 1% :blink:
is that right?

i still dont get how people can use that 70% and apply it to the whole state when that number seems to represent less than 1% of the state's population.

aaarrgh. i hate that people think this poll is somehow scientific and have been flaunting the "70%" thing for the last month.

the two questions are incredibly vague (and that's an understatement), and they barely make a superficial reference to SB1070. not only that, the poll doesn't specify where these 500 people are from. is this 500 people from metro phoenix? is this 500 people from all over the state? from sun city? are they all white? all male? all hispanic? all over 50? below 25? legal citizens? who are they?

it doesn't ask if they understand the bill, or if they agree with all provisions. just whether or not they agree with a law that would allow police to stop and verify somebody's immigration status if they suspected them of being here illegally.

no follow up about whether or not they understand the consequences of this law.

no additional question saying "hey, would you still be in favor of it if it meant tens of millions of dollars worth of lawsuits for the state and the possible loss of the MLB all star game?"

the poll was also taken well before the law was passed and had very little exposure.

unfortunately, statistically speaking the poll holds some merit. there's a formula to determine how big of a sample is required to get an accurate cross section of the entire population. i have no idea what it is, so i googled it. a couple of spots came up, including this one, which is not politically slanted. it tells you that for a sample size just under 5 million, with +/- 4.5% accuracy, you only need about 475 people. that seems insanely small and it doesn't account for a lot of other factors, but it's probably safe to say that as of 4/15/10 when the survey was taken, 70% of the population agreed with the statement. NOT the entirety of the law, mind you, but the statement "Do you favor or oppose legislation that authorizes local police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant?"

for argument's sake, let's poll those same 500 people again today and see if we get the same results. i'm guessing not, but who knows. maybe a better poll would be "Would you agree with a law that violated your 4th amendment rights barring illegal search and seizure?" i'll bet you wouldn't get 70% of people saying yes.

in conclusion, jan brewer is a monster.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#217 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Wow Dez, reading stuff like this just pains me.
You are a stronger person than I in holding your tongue, but I guess if your job is at stake, you do what you gotta do.

Unfortunately.

I do however always make these hateful people accountable for the ignorant stuff they say. I told him that I would definitely contact the owner to have it taken down but that I would also note his lot file, so that in the event anything violent were to happen in the community his door will be the first one that the police knock on. Creepstores!

#218 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

A group of U.N. experts speak out against 1070

http://www.un.org/ap...=migration&Cr1=

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#219 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

Do your part and speak out against SB1070

I filled it out and had it send a letter to senators Jon Kyl, and John McCain via amnesty international. It's easy and took less then a minute to do.

http://takeaction.am...cx&action=14214

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#220 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

Do your part and speak out against SB1070

I filled it out and had it send a letter to senators Jon Kyl, and John McCain via amnesty international. It's easy and took less then a minute to do.

http://takeaction.am...cx&action=14214

done.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#221 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

I finished the rough of the instrumental part of the song I'm submitting for the newtimes comp thing.

Wrote the lyrics today.

If anyone wants to sing on the chorus, Come over wednesday night.

Deadline is friday. Will be doing final mixes thursday night.

It's a waltz. Seems fitting somehow.

#222 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

I finished the rough of the instrumental part of the song I'm submitting for the newtimes comp thing.

Wrote the lyrics today.

If anyone wants to sing on the chorus, I will likely be doing finishing touches thursday night.

Deadline is friday.

It's a waltz. Seems fitting somehow.

I would love to be a part of it. Let me know

I will do whatever I can to show how much I am against this bill.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#223 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

HB 2281

#224 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

HB 2281

disgusting

I just saw this as well by the phoenix new times http://www.phoenixne...nor-jan-brewer/

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#225 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

HB 2281 makes me even more angry than SB 1070. She is making it against policy to learn information on a culture? Knowledge is against policy? State approved curriculum is SO limited and biased. There is SO much information that is never addressed, especially when you get into cultural history. Any student should be given the choice to take such a class as described in that article. I know I would.

I am so so so so much more angrier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users