#80 zyko

zyko

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

it's early still

i know and we get pirlo back in a couple of games and, as i'm confident we'll get out of group play, it'll be perfect timing to have his midfield creativity back. i'd like to see gattuso in there somewhere in the midfield, i like his toughness and grit. it'll be great to get camorenaesi at the start of the next game rather than bringing him on as a sub, though that did give the italian side a nice spark. i'm a little nervous about buffon... he was the real reason the cup was won four years ago (i love cannavaro but let's face it, buffon was a G)... and this siatic injury seems troublesome. the other kid is super green. hopefully he can hold.

it's funny how it almost sounds like nascar
with those oversized bday blow horns.

i love it. i know a lot of people hate it and are complaining about the horns but quite frankly, fifa dropped the ball on this one. they knew well in advance that they would be everywhere this summer. they were everywhere last summer during the confederations cup and have been used in south african futbol for nearly a decade now, long before they determined the location of this year's tourney. oh well. they're distracting as hell for the players, i'm sure but it's too late to do something about it

======
few thoughts on the cup so far:

Germany looks beastly. granted that was australia a man down but still, BOOMDIGGITY.
Argentina isn't as impressive looking - their defense looks out of whack. they better tighten that shit up if they want to go far
The US looked great. A win would have been epic, a draw puts them, theoretically, in prime position to move into the elimination round. Nice work, boys!
England looks confused. Typical allstar team... a ton of talent, no chemistry, uninspired coaching. Disappointing so far.
Portugal is whack. Can't just stand around, waiting for Ronaldo to do it all. Brazil is going to easily take this group.
Brazil is not the most dominant looking team so far but they're slow starters like the Italians
Can't wait to see Spain. That's the favorite to win the whole thing, as far as i'm concerned. I'll always root for Italia but Spain is prime. We'll see how they look, soon.
I'm still heartbroken that Egypt misses the first cup in africa when they are, by a long shot, the most dominant team on the continent. Such dissappointing choke artistry.

WORLD CUP FEVER IS KILLIN ME YO
Sad Man on a Rock - coming 20idunno!

#81 HELLBOY

HELLBOY

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

I don't really understand football that much.....did he just score a goal?

#82 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

that's rugby but yes he did

#83 Xandraiin

Xandraiin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

I love this sport.

I've got work at 7AM tomorrow, so that means I'm watchin' all three games at work!

Brasil was pretty good today. N. Korea was all about that defense, but once Brasil started bringing out some of the younger guys to get some time, they finally attacked and got a very decent goal.

I'm pretty thoroughly for USA, though I wouldn't mind Netherlands or a Hispanic nation taking the Cup.

#84 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

I'm cool with people who like soccer. I don't get people who like soccer every 4 years though. You know these dudes you're watching are playing in Europe and shit all the time, right?*

*not saying that's anyone here. I have no clue what club you guys are repping.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#85 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

tbh, i dont really care ether way. i dont hate it like baseball or golf, but i dont have a team im following or w/e. like if its on ill watch it. or i would watch it but BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUU
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#86 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

I'm all about that Manchester United, Puerto Rico Islanders (my home team) and Philadelphia Union from the MLS.

man, if i saw that giant vuvuzela in real life, and somebody blew on it, i think i'll just straight up kill myself. lol.

thoughts on today, didn't see the new zealand game but i'm proud of them for drawing.

ivory coast and portugal, eff that, i accidently slept thru it but i heard it was boring. i thought it was gonna go to a at least 2-2 draw or something but i think everybody's so afraid of losing that they forget to play well and become so self concious and careful, that's we've been having all this low scoring games and ties. ugh. of course, the team i hate the most is the one that scored the most, germany. fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu......

brazil played pretty decently, but they didn't play like BRAAAAAAAAZZIILLLLLL, ya' mean? like when zico, socrates, ronaldinho, ronaldo, adriano used to play.

hopefully, one of the faves to win, spain will do something productive tomorrow, i mean, they are playing switzerland....

my allegiances still stand, argentina, usa, spain and holland.
Posted Image

#87 Xandraiin

Xandraiin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Blackburn Rovers, New England Revs (I'm cool with the Union, too), Barcelona, and the PR Islanders are my boys when the World isn't Cupping.

I know what you mean, though. For some reason, every four years, Soccer suddenly becomes a sport and everyone happens to be from where their great grandparents were born. This is from an American point-of-view of course.

I should be sleeping in prep for the game that will be on in 4 hours...so I'ma do that.

2010's gonna be the shit.

#88 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

"Switzerland pulled off the biggest surprise so far at this FIFA World Cup™ as Gelson Fernandes's second-half strike downed Spain."
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#89 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

i like AS Roma!

even though they're not very good :(

Posted Image

i have a totti jersey that i wear to sleep

#90 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

http://g.sports.yaho...?urn=sow,248867

I just want one of those cute orange dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users