#16 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

my friend jp's parents used to own this bowling alley that they would let him set up shows at in golden colorado, saw small 23 there, christie front drive, john cougar concentration camp there

my friend jason bought a set of cheerleading stands and they set the bands up on the lanes so you could bowl next to them while they played.

which reminds me of tempe bowl that was a fun place

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#17 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

tempe bowl was fun as hell! probably my first smaller/diy type shows were there as a small joe.

and im with donald- yucca isnt really my kinda place unless im drunk as fuck. sober? i dont even really like going there too much. but when shows are fun there, they are really fun. its just so hit or miss with me

#18 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

my friend jp's parents used to own this bowling alley that they would let him set up shows at in golden colorado, saw small 23 there, christie front drive, john cougar concentration camp there

my friend jason bought a set of cheerleading stands and they set the bands up on the lanes so you could bowl next to them while they played.

which reminds me of tempe bowl that was a fun place

Wow dude, live in the past much? A bunch of places in Denver where you haven't lived in over 10 years and this:

the old long wongs on mill
the farmer house
modified

Do you have a time machine nobody knows about.

As for in the now kind of places?

Sweets and Beats
Sound Kontrol
Judy
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#19 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Fuck yeah Judy rules!

The slurp is cool!

SHIT HOUSE DRUNK! RIP

#20 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

Wow dude, live in the past much? A bunch of places in Denver where you haven't lived in over 10 years and this:

the nile (any time except for 3 months in the summer)

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#21 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

I like the Ice House.

#22 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

i like the ice house also, and whenever i visit denver, i go to see shows at those venues i listed, the golden bowl doesn't do shows anymore but the ogden, bluebird, climax, gothic still do. and they are my favorite venues.

-trunkspace

#23 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

ice house is definitely a cool spot to see bands, but you cant really dance there so that hurts it for me.

#24 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

I like the Ice House.

word.

although i don't really like the configuration of it for shows (meaning i wish it was set up a little differently, but what can you do?). it's a cool spot, though.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#25 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Ice house is, eh..

#26 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

are you guys talking about the icehouse tavern, or the ice house in downtown phoenix?
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#27 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

tavern

#28 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

tavern

I do like the icehouse tavern to drink beer, the hockey rink is amazing! Not necessarily my favorite place to see a band play.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#29 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

tavern

I do like the icehouse tavern to drink beer, the hockey rink is amazing! Not necessarily my favorite place to see a band play.

not in love with seeing bands there, but a good bar.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#30 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

i don't care too much for the yucca myself. mainly cause who wants to drive to tempe from Phoenix? not me.

i also miss the emerald.
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users