225 replies to this topic

#151 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

people who try to go over your head when they don't like the answer you give them at work.

All that person just did was make sure I never make an exception for them ever. ever.

#152 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

at work for a meeting or anything like hat they will order like 3 meat pizzas and one cheese. All the meat eaters will be all like "fux yeah cheese pizza is the bomb imma eat a cheese slice on top of meat slice!" then i get no pizza and NO i will not "pick off" the meat you stupid fuckers

as a meat eater, this doesn't even make sense. that's half-assed carnivore-ism. you should call them out on that shit.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#153 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

at work for a meeting or anything like hat they will order like 3 meat pizzas and one cheese. All the meat eaters will be all like "fux yeah cheese pizza is the bomb imma eat a cheese slice on top of meat slice!" then i get no pizza and NO i will not "pick off" the meat you stupid fuckers

so let me get this straight: it really grinds your gears that it doesn't always go perfectly when you impose your irrational food preferences on your co-workers? sounds effing miserable :-)

not that I mean to judge you for going vegetarian, the self control involved is impressive - but it grinds my gears when folks pretend that it's a 'natural' thing... I mean - you don't (typically) get to pick your gender, disabilities, orientation, ancestry... but it's not a human/civil rights thing if you're picky about what you eat. why should the rest of us be obligated to humor you? I don't like pizza with red sauce - and while I'd appreciate a pesto or white pizza, no one's falling over themselves to make sure I have that option at every public meal. Ugh.

#154 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

what a total closed minded way to look at it. wow.

Especially if your diet is ruled by your religion too.

#155 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

I don't think it's falling over oneself if you eat meat, there are some who don't and a smaller aount of options for those people, it's consideration, and that is what grinds gears...
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#156 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

sounds like someone just needs to say, "hey, order an extra cheese instead of a pepperoni. look how much people like the cheese." problem solved. man life is easy.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#157 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

Religions tend to have a lot of things to say about womens' rights (or lack thereof) - but it's not generally considered close-minded to disagree with things like genital mutilation or right-to-life attitudes.

Not saying you're totally wrong, but your argument isn't very strong.

#158 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

that's quite a leap there cowboy.

#159 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,983 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

So, it's not impolite for meat eaters to hog all the cheese pizza, leaving vegetarians nothing they can eat...because being vegetarian is irrational and not a valid choice?

Sorry, you lost me there. But meat eaters who crap all over vegetarians have been grinding my gears since I gave up meat at 12.

#160 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

So, it's not impolite for meat eaters to hog all the cheese pizza, leaving vegetarians nothing they can eat...because being vegetarian is irrational and not a valid choice?

Sorry, you lost me there. But meat eaters who crap all over vegetarians have been grinding my gears since I gave up meat at 12.

So let's say I'm a meat-eater who just isn't into pepperoni (greasy and besides processed meats give you cancer)... and opt for the cheese pizza. Yet I'm impolite because your tastes are more valid than mine?

and "nothing they can eat" is a little unfair. calories are calories. what you choose to eat is up to you, regardless of whether or not I think it's a valid choice.

#161 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,983 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

What if it were meat eaters and vegetarians hogging the cheeseless pizza from a lactose-intolerant person who literally cannot digest dairy? Longtime vegetarians can get sick from ingesting meat too.

#162 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

if you're in charge of the pizza order next time ask what people want. or, order all cheese pizzas and gauge the reaction. this is assuming you're doing the ordering. it's my guess that no one here talking about it is in this position. at my work, tho, i've made it clear that if we're going to get some kind of food reward, then to please include a healthy alternative. so now when my boss brings in donuts, he'll usually bring in some bananas and oranges as well. squeaky wheels, ya'll.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#163 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

at my work - they ask and order food accordingly - however when the food gets here those meat eaters that put in for all that meat friendly food go and eat all the veggie friendly foods first. Every single time.

#164 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

Folks with food allergies do have it tough (seems like most of my family is lactose intolerant, and a couple are allergic to gluten and peanuts) BUT the burdon for managing their diet in most settings is on them, with no expectation that they'd get to eat the dang pizza anyway. IMHO, those with peanut (and similarly life-threatening) allergies ought to be able to impose themselves to some extent on the people around them. No peanuts on the airplane. But much beyond that, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy. If your office, or event host is open-minded and a good sport about this - good for them (and they ought to listen per jeremx), but I just don't think there should be an expectation of such behavior.

#165 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

your religion can go fuck itself.

that's a general statement - nothing aimed at you specifically. and not even related to dietary issues.

let's add that to the list of things that grind my gears:
religion as justification for ANYTHING.

edit- even though i agree with weener's point that some people simply can't eat meat - especially if they've been off it for too long, i'm reminded of the food chain:
Posted Image
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users