250 replies to this topic

#31 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

I used to work with one of the guys from "hit and run jimmy" , that apparently all those guys go 'way back' in the punk scene.

there was also this punk guy named sammy, that was all about giving people hugs.
you're a signature.

#32 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hey Dave that One Foot in the grave show was at The SVDP fiesta. I still have it on VHS! I didn't play the Jar till the Travolta days.

I think the first local band I saw was Yoko Love. Also Chula (Yoli from slowdown, snowsongs, runaway diamonds)....they opened for built to spill at Bostons. I met Bryan Elser at that show. Also saw Rusty Jones right before they broke up.

Saw Mr Pink play with Greydays (chester bennington from linkin park's old band). I think I met Robin at that show. I have flyers from back then I'll have to hook up the scanner...

When Donald & I lived in NM, we played a show with a band from here called Soulgrind. They were very intimidating on stage. They were nice guys tho. The singer (mike) was in The Sofa Kings and also Vin Fiz (who wasn't?).

#33 yami_wretch

yami_wretch

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I used to work with one of the guys from "hit and run jimmy" , that apparently all those guys go 'way back' in the punk scene.

there was also this punk guy named sammy, that was all about giving people hugs.

HAHAHA Sammy he now lives in Tucson last i heard. He has played with a shit ton of bands from here. when i first met him it was THEE Illuminatix
I will stab you with my SHARP STICKS!!!

#34 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Mandigo, Adams Alcoholics, Superstars of Professional Wrestling, Beezle Bullies, Plinko, and last but definetly not least GARYS AGENDA !!! already mentioned SMAPP, Spaceman Spiff, Dirt Bike Kids...i remember seeing them at the Nile when they wore blue Dickies jumpsuits! and what was the name of the band that played the Tempe Bowl that had 2 body guards that scared the shit outta me BIG dudes that were dressed up in costumes??? i think that was the same band with the guy who DESTROYED his nice fuckin guitar

One of the guys from Plinko now runs Rose & Crown.

Anyone remember Darla? They had an album called Girlyhood and they had posters everywhere that featured the twin girls from The Shining
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#35 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hey Dave that One Foot in the grave show was at The SVDP fiesta. I still have it on VHS! I didn't play the Jar till the Travolta days.

I think the first local band I saw was Yoko Love. Also Chula (Yoli from slowdown, snowsongs, runaway diamonds)....they opened for built to spill at Bostons. I met Bryan Elser at that show. Also saw Rusty Jones right before they broke up.

Saw Mr Pink play with Greydays (chester bennington from linkin park's old band). I think I met Robin at that show. I have flyers from back then I'll have to hook up the scanner...

When Donald & I lived in NM, we played a show with a band from here called Soulgrind. They were very intimidating on stage. They were nice guys tho. The singer (mike) was in The Sofa Kings and also Vin Fiz (who wasn't?).

Holy Crap, I totally forgot about Greydays.

Slowdown was awesome!
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#36 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

Mandigo, Adams Alcoholics, Superstars of Professional Wrestling, Beezle Bullies, Plinko, and last but definetly not least GARYS AGENDA !!! already mentioned SMAPP, Spaceman Spiff, Dirt Bike Kids...i remember seeing them at the Nile when they wore blue Dickies jumpsuits! and what was the name of the band that played the Tempe Bowl that had 2 body guards that scared the shit outta me BIG dudes that were dressed up in costumes??? i think that was the same band with the guy who DESTROYED his nice fuckin guitar

One of the guys from Plinko now runs Rose & Crown.

Anyone remember Darla? They had an album called Girlyhood and they had posters everywhere that featured the twin girls from The Shining

Jason from Plinko is a part owner of the Rose and Crown and lives DIRECTLY across the street from me. LAst time i saw Sammy, he worked for Supershuttle at the airport. He was all about a lot of things, namely grabbing peoples balls and ass. I felt violated whenever he was around. Spaceman Spiff was great, their drummer totally shredded and had a squeeky high voice. Freaked ppl out all the time. Safehouse played at the Alley with Spaceman Spiff and Propaghandi on their 'How to Clean Everything' tour. My OTHER old band DonkeyPunch played at the Tempe Bowl a bunch, too. I'm really old.
I still don't have a signature.

#37 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

The guitaist from SoulGrind is Larry Elyea who was also in Bionic Jive and owns/runs Minds Eye recording studio. He also used to go by the name Larry Mohawk when he was in a band along with Kevin Karl who went on to form G-Whiz. WHICH played a reunion show at Holleywood Alley a couple years ago which I, along with Chris Serifini played in for one show. Chris Serefini also played bass for Pollen along with many local cover bands (budweezer to name one). I also used to be business partners with Dan who was the singer from Pollen... who used to DATE Shamsi, the singer from One. Who's guitarist, Jamal used to do sound at the Green Room where my other old band Fivespeed played with the band Pezz, from Memphis TN, which i played drums in for three tours, one of which was a 3 week run with Wesley Willis, who was on Alternative Tenticles who is run by JEllo Biafra, who let us stay at his house in San Francisco,which is where i smoked pot with Billy Joe Armstrong, once....

Also, who could forget Ernies Rubber Ducky.

Sorry...i couldn't tie them in anywhere...
I still don't have a signature.

#38 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

The guitaist from SoulGrind is Larry Elyea who was also in Bionic Jive and owns/runs Minds Eye recording studio. He also used to go by the name Larry Mohawk when he was in a band along with Kevin Karl who went on to form G-Whiz. WHICH played a reunion show at Holleywood Alley a couple years ago which I, along with Chris Serifini played in for one show. Chris Serefini also played bass for Pollen along with many local cover bands (budweezer to name one). I also used to be business partners with Dan who was the singer from Pollen... who used to DATE Shamsi, the singer from One. Who's guitarist, Jamal used to do sound at the Green Room where my other old band Fivespeed played with the band Pezz, from Memphis TN, which i played drums in for three tours, one of which was a 3 week run with Wesley Willis, who was on Alternative Tenticles who is run by JEllo Biafra, who let us stay at his house in San Francisco,which is where i smoked pot with Billy Joe Armstrong, once....

Also, who could forget Ernies Rubber Ducky.

Sorry...i couldn't tie them in anywhere...

Damn
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#39 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,966 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

I missed a lot of this stuff having moved here in 98 and not playing any real shows until 2000. that graphic that donald posted sums up most of my involvement in the family tree, except now Christine and I are tied to Stew who was in the Real Diffs Deluxe whose bass player was Ryan Kennedy who is now in Ruben's Accomplice. Also, I was in Minibosses for a while and Aaron is in the Revenge which has a couple people from steretyperider and many other bands.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#40 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

I have known Anthony from the revenge since he was small and er wait.....

malignous youth? any one? any one?

#41 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

I didn't grow up here so I'm certainly disconnected. However, what about Wellington, Unruh, Vomitus, Atomkinder, Pay Neuter and those crusty, sludgy folk.

#42 HaikuNoU

HaikuNoU

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

I have known Anthony from the revenge since he was small and er wait.....

malignous youth? any one? any one?

I have the last Malignous Youth show ever on film. It was shot @ The Green Room back in the day on digital hi-8 (before I went pro and started using HD & 3CCDDV).
the singer got into a car accident after the show, unfortunately. Malignous were one of my faves in those days. Sammy Illuminatix is in The Declaimed now. I shot one of their shows @ The Haunted Castle before it shut down, he still is into the hugging thing but thankfully doesn't grab nuts anymore, LOL. I used to like Death Takes A Holiday back in the day. I was in a punk thing that didn't work out with Pete from DTAH on bass and Mark from Ernie's Rubber Ducky on drums.
I used to hang out alot on Farmer Street and see The Impossible Ones & Vinegar Sting play house parties in those days. I used to go see Sam The Butcher, Adam's Alcoholics, Dave's Big Deluxe, Beelzebullies & Kongo Shock play club shows on the weekends, too.
"Every Saint has a past, but every sinner has a future"-Oscar Wilde

#43 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Wow, I forgot about Death Takes a Holiday
Pete is now in JJCNV and Rich was in Vin-Fiz and was last seen playing with Seven Storey Mountain.

The Vinegar Sting was a great band too, I don't know what happened to those guys.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#44 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

I missed a lot of this stuff having moved here in 98 and not playing any real shows until 2000. that graphic that donald posted sums up most of my involvement in the family tree, except now Christine and I are tied to Stew who was in the Real Diffs Deluxe whose bass player was Ryan Kennedy who is now in Ruben's Accomplice. Also, I was in Minibosses for a while and Aaron is in the Revenge which has a couple people from steretyperider and many other bands.

ahhaaha

Ok, so I was in the winners and Fatigo AND also stew played drums in life like hair, which links in Dan as well who is also in Fatigo.

somebody needs to draw a new tree.

fatigo an vin fiz might be special projects on their own, this work may need to be subcontracted to a 3rd world country.
you're a signature.

#45 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Nitz and I used to play in a metal band my senior year of high school called Catharsis. So metal.

Also, my first show I ever went to was at mason jar with Dead Hot Workshop opening for Meat Puppets. I have since shared a bill with dead hot and MP legacy Elmo ala kirkwood/dellinger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users