92 replies to this topic

#46 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

If they are closed let's just say it's probably due to poor business management. The guys running the place do a great job, but if you have owners who don't care and aren't around that's what's going to happen.

#47 Tortheviking

Tortheviking

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

If they are closed let's just say it's probably due to poor business management. The guys running the place do a great job, but if you have owners who don't care and aren't around that's what's going to happen.

Yeah pretty much. As far as I understand, the owners haven't payed rent for the past few months. Who knows why, I know the place was always hurting but I didn't think it was to that point yet.

It's pretty fucking depressing.

WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO GO AND DO NOTHING NOW!?!?

#48 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Yeah pretty much. As far as I understand, the owners haven't payed rent for the past few months. Who knows why, I know the place was always hurting but I didn't think it was to that point yet.

It's pretty fucking depressing.

WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO GO AND DO NOTHING NOW!?!?

ouch

Has the trunkspace ever thought about being open during the day as just a regular coffee shop?

The Willowhouse was the only place that made the perfect grasshopper :(
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#49 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

The Willow House was the one place I could go when I was feeling lonely and be sure of running into at least one person I know, no matter what day it was. Where will that place be now?

The Trunk Space would be awesome, but I think JRC has a day job.

#50 Guest_PHOENIXAMAZON_*

Guest_PHOENIXAMAZON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

The Willow Houses Myspace page says that they are moving back to 3 rd Ave and McDowell. If you also drive by the old Willow House at 3rd Ave and McDowell someone has covered up the Wilo in the house on the sign. Maybe the owners of the old building realized that the reason they were not getting anyone to apply for jobs there was because of the loyalty to the original Willow House and they decided to get the original crew back in there. Its a win win for the owners of that building. Now that they have done the upgrades and clean-up to the old building that they should have done years ago they can bring in the crew that draws the crowds and make some serious money. Anyone else just would not know what to do at that location. LONG LIVE THE WILLOW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#51 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

The Willow Houses Myspace page says that they are moving back to 3 rd Ave and McDowell. If you also drive by the old Willow House at 3rd Ave and McDowell someone has covered up the Wilo in the house on the sign. Maybe the owners of the old building realized that the reason they were not getting anyone to apply for jobs there was because of the loyalty to the original Willow House and they decided to get the original crew back in there. Its a win win for the owners of that building. Now that they have done the upgrades and clean-up to the old building that they should have done years ago they can bring in the crew that draws the crowds and make some serious money. Anyone else just would not know what to do at that location. LONG LIVE THE WILLOW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok why does everything with The Willow House have to be so confusing. Randy get on here and give us the lowdown so we know what's going on. I drove by the one on VB Sunday hoping that it was not true but the gates were locked and a dog was roaming the yard. So what's the scoop!!!

#52 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

yes, I am confused as well.

I ask for so little, like an iced grasshopper.

TO GO!!!!
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#53 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

yes, I am confused as well.

I ask for so little, like an iced grasshopper.

TO GO!!!!

Ok here is the official word. The Willow House is closed. They are not moving back to the old space. Randy apologizes to everyone who is sad but there isn't much he can do about the situation. I'm sure if someone wanted to open up a coffee shop they could probably hit up the old owners and buy the business for a steal or at least the equipment. The end of an era. But there is a coffee shop opening up at the old 3rd ave and Mcdowell site. I know everyone was up in arms about the name thing but I say support the local business owners. You never know it might be a decent cup of joe.

#54 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

i miss the emerald lounge

#55 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

on a better note, the paisley violin will be serving alcohol in the next few weeks. wait coffee? what

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#56 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

thanks for the update.

I am saddened, but at least I have some cool memories of the place.

Willow house is now up there with Nita's, Paperheart, Lucky Dragon, and the Emerald Lounge to name a few

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#57 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

thanks for the update.

I am saddened, but at least I have some cool memories of the place.

Willow house is now up there with Nita's, Paperheart, Lucky Dragon, and the Emerald Lounge to name a few

Fuck.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#58 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Also, as a sidenote, I believe that the landlords for the Willow House on 17th Avenue and Van Buren are also the people who run The Paisley Violin.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#59 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Also, as a sidenote, I believe that the landlords for the Willow House on 17th Avenue and Van Buren are also the people who run The Paisley Violin.

I believe you are correct

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#60 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

i always forget about the paisley violin! Good thing it was brought up or I would think i had no where downtown to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users