EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#91 Guest_hbiz_*

Guest_hbiz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

I apologize to come off that way. I am not interested in calling you all morons. Some comments directed at one individual does not classify as all of you being morons. And Mr. Brodie - I have no beef with you....I just feel if you are going to say something please say it.. It is okay to vocalize opinions, and there should be no need for hatred being spread. I just like every other human being, expresses RAW emotion...you should not be blamed for actions. And more than anything....I would just like to say that this little plan has worked to its fullest, because look how many of us have been involved in this conversation. It reaches all extents...and I am positive it heats some of you...well it should. Its time for us to start stepping up it as young adults and make the changes we would like to see in our society...and if no one else will...its onus who think outside the box to help others think outside of that box too. We can help more people get educated...teach them how and where to question. it is your responsibilty as one human to another, whether you like it or not, to help each other....not criticize. I am not a bad person, I just speak with the upmost passion.

#92 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:58 PM

what the hell are you talking about?

Just inside ball between me and HFE. I'm trying to get a reaction out of him. And no one's allowed to diss him.

Except me.

#93 guitarduane

guitarduane

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:01 PM

sun club, 1001?

#94 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

get the local media involved

if I may...

Channel 15 did a brief feature on us a few weeks back...

We didn't kiss any ass for it...someone heard our record....and so it was...

Nice & organic...

Sometimes ass kissing is just called....being nice & sincere.
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#95 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,133 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

Just inside ball between me and HFE. I'm trying to get a reaction out of him. And no one's allowed to diss him.

Except me.

pfft...fuck that dude
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#96 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

pfft...fuck that dude

You can fuck him if you want to, I ain't gonna! ;)

I've heard that ome thing that helps when trying to be part of a scene/clique...is not be a total asshole......I tried that....(can I get a wut-wut).

There's a difference between not trying to be an asshole and trying not to be an asshole. Which one are you talkin' 'bout. HFE? B)

#97 wingedvictory

wingedvictory

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Also hbiz,
(Speaking of community involvement) I just got back from L.A, where one of the bands on a new label I started was recording, and playing a Hurricane Benefit Show in Santa Monica, sponsored by my small, little known label! Folks from PETA, Food Not Bombs, and Moveon.org (among others)set up booths.
We raised over $2000, and I plan on doing similar benefits here. This story is not unusual, plenty of folks get involved and "take action" out here too. Should there be more? Absolutely, but alienating the folks 'yer trying to gain support from obviously isn't working... ;)
Pete,
the Winged Victory Team.

#98 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Except me.

pfft...fuck that dude

flirt
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#99 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

There's a difference between not trying to be an asshole and trying not to be an asshole. Which one are you talkin' 'bout. HFE? B)

do i have to decide right now?

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#100 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

do i have to decide right now?

Nah... you can give me your answer Saturday night.
If you're still coming.

#101 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

i'm sorry, but that's just not enough for me.

the practical answers you provide aren't practical
enough. the local media HAS been involved and
often come to shows, exhibits, and have been essential
with the recent first friday 'drama'.
combine art forms at shows - that's being done fairly
often - especially at first and final fridays.

why won't you reveal what your other ideas are?
so you can take credit for them later?

#102 Thugletta

Thugletta

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:11 PM

I think most if not all of the bands here have played benefits, put together benefits, etc. Many have played free shows and a variety of venues. Benefit shows are almost always a good vibe although let's face it, many bands are playing for next to nothing already anyway so a benefit isn't a big stretch. Many have involved media and some have been on t.v. Also, there's been quite a bit of combined art with fashion shows, dancers, fire-breathing dragons, etc. These are all good things and I don't think anybody could complain about seeing more of it. I can't wait to see more new ideas put into play. All the action is better than this goofy posting. Many a meeting has been called for brain-storming and scene-uniting among Valley musicians. Most of us just adore music and going to see the bands that we like. We just need more folks like us. Let's clone us. Let's teach the little children how to drive and go see us and our clones. Then let's clone some more of us.

#103 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

AB- where are you NOW?

here i am!! :)

no one's reported the thread...it's gotten saucy
but the moderators haven't received any complaints
about it...i think it might be time for it to be closed
if it continues in the vein of some of the more negative
posts...maybe it will continue in a nice way. maybe not.

#104 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

If you haven't caught my vibe yet, I really think that hbiz hasn't been around and doesn't really know what's going on.

For example...

Years ago, I was involved in Food Not Bombs. We had a hard time getting people to stay involved, it was hard work getting the food out there, we were fighting the city for places to distribute...

...then some east valley kids suddenly started advertising a Food Not Bombs benefit. These weren't kids we knew.

So we went to ask them about it, and from what I heard, they were going to raise the money and send it to FNB in San Francisco. They hadn't even bothered to look into what was going on here. And for those of us who had been working on FNB locally, it was really disheartening.

I remember a few months ago, somebody new in town started complaining about not getting good shows, and was torn a new asshole over it. It's the same thing at work here.

Or the same thing as the drooling housewife who hits me in the ass with her shopping cart. Or the woman who stole my lunch at work because she thought it was her.

Pay attention to your surroundings!

#105 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

no one's reported the thread...it's gotten saucy
but the moderators haven't received any complaints
about it...i think it might be time for it to be closed
if it continues in the vein of some of the more negative
posts...maybe it will continue in a nice way. maybe not.

Here's something positive.

Aaron is always nice and smily and waves hello when I see him out and about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users