Photo

Did You Know John Mccain Was A Douchebag?

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#166 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:35 AM

Yeah that was an awesome article by Savage. Totally, totally nailed it.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#167 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

Women for Palin
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#168 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

To add to the Palin and the pregnancy and pro-life stuff... I watched the "Sarah Palin Revealed" segment on CNN over the weekend and found out that she eloped with Todd to a courthouse in town, only to find out that they needed at least two witnesses... they went across the street to a nursing home and got their witnesses and bam, husband and wife. I thought it kind of peculiar that Track (their first son) was born around 8 months after they got hitched. Hmmm. I'm sure if they actually planned the wedding, she would have been showing too much or have had the kid by then. Interesting.

Since this is a McCain thread... watch this

Oh, and I read this great article today from scientificamerican.com. Here's the link

I thought from this part on was pretty important. It starts around the middle of page 2.

According to Phyllis Martin, a senior EIA energy analyst, Atlantic and Pacific oil fields tend to be smaller on average than those in the Gulf of Mexico, but it is just as costly to drill them, making the economics of drilling these areas especially tough to justify.

In fact, oil companies have yet to take advantage of the nearly 86 billion barrels of offshore oil in areas already available for leasing and development. So why are they chomping at the drill bit to open up the moratorium waters and survey them anew?

"Oil company stocks are valued in large part based on how much proved reserves they have," says Robert Kaufman, an expert on world oil markets and director of Boston University's Center for Energy and Environmental Studies. Translation: just having more promising leases in hand would be worth billions of dollars.

So are promises of U.S. oil independence real—or rhetoric? The issue is not whether the U.S. can significantly reduce its reliance on oil imports with domestic, offshore oil, say both Kaufman and Nathan, but whether there is enough that is recoverable to significantly lower the price of a barrel of oil on the global market.

Even by 2030, offshore drilling would not have a significant impact on oil prices, according to Martin, because oil prices are determined on the global market. "The amount of total production anticipated—around 200,000 barrels a day—would be less than 1 percent of the total projected international consumption."

And disruptions to the global supply affect the price of every barrel of oil the U.S. purchases, whether it be from Saudi Arabia, Venezuela or off the New Jersey coast. "Suppose the U.S. got all its oil domestically, and the price was $100 a barrel. Then the Saudi family was deposed," disrupting that country's oil exports, Kaufman says. "The Saudis produce about 10 million barrels a day of the world's 85 million, so clearly prices would go up, because now there is this big shortfall of oil."

#169 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

Palin's closer quote from fascist writer Westbrook Pegler

#170 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:08 AM

Have no fear everyone, Palin's been blessed against WITCHCRAFT

#171 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

I have heard that Palin and McCain to varying degrees are both "Winger Fans".

#172 HaikuNoU

HaikuNoU

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

Palin's town charged women for post rape exams:
http://www.cnn.com/2...xams/index.html

Palin hired cronies and crushed foes while in office:
http://www.nytimes.c...amp;oref=slogin

Palin used $50,000 meant for road repair to redecorate her office after election:
http://www.salon.com...17/palin_mayor/

Palin kicked me in the nuts and gave me AIDS:
well, not really. but she does look like a lil' antichrist waiting to happen.
"Every Saint has a past, but every sinner has a future"-Oscar Wilde

#173 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

It strikes me that if anyone reading this stole $50,000.00 large from our city, what would we get 7 to 10? Martha Stewart gets convicted of millions in fraud, goes to a resort for 8 months and, yep. I want $50,000 to redecorate my office too Sarah. and p.s., Winger is bad, try Stryper.

#174 HaikuNoU

HaikuNoU

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

"Sarah's legacy as mayor was big-box stores and runaway growth," said Patty Stoll, a retired Wasilla schoolteacher who once worked in the same school with Palin's parents, Chuck and Sally Heath. "The truth is, Wasilla is just plain ugly, it's not a pleasant place to live. It's not thought out. And that's a shame.

"Sarah fouled her own nest, and I can't understand why. I hate to think it was simply greed or ambition."
http://www.salon.com...alin/index.html

If this article on their bad city planning and influx of crappy fast food chain restaurants and big box stores in alaska under Palin is true, it might be as bad as suburban PHX, LOL.
"Every Saint has a past, but every sinner has a future"-Oscar Wilde

#175 brian mcphail

brian mcphail

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Palin sent to debate "boot camp"

hahaha. This Thursday's debate is going to be so good.

CAMP TIME.
"Steph, you are sharp as a tack and some of us have tack marks to prove it" - Donald

#176 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

if she can't hold her own against KATIE COURIC, Biden will eat her for lunch.
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#177 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,978 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

I live in Anchorage, and even the ADN is running articles that are pretty much against her.

It's a bit strange to think of her as a VP candidate, a couple weeks before the announcement she was actually in the office here to sign a bill into law.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#178 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

That's going to be Biden's biggest challenge I think - dismantling Palin without seeming mean-spirited about it.

I'm not a fan of Palin politically, but I can recognize her appeal to some folks. She has the same appeal in that that Dubya had as the dude that folks would prefer to have a beer with (which is suitably disturbing for a lot of reasons). If Biden pounces on her, or makes a total fool of her, I think it'll reflect negatively with a chunk of undecided voters.

Then again, if she's not entirely crushed, the right will probably spin it as a good thing.

I think it'd be best to let her hang herself with her own rope as she's been doing, rather than aggressively attacking.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#179 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

Palin sent to debate "boot camp"

hahaha. This Thursday's debate is going to be so good.

CAMP TIME.

From the comments section:

Debate camp: It's kinda like band camp but the band campers usually know how to play the instrument.

#180 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users