#76 doubtfulguest

doubtfulguest

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

I tried reading through this whole post but there is so much!! :huh:
some bands I didn't see while scrolling through...

Hell is for Heroes (some of the boys from bullyrag aka fucking thunder + Celia)

Suicide Nation ; Kareen; landmine marathon (most of the same members for all those bands)

Lyburnum; Unruh; Structure of Lies; MadamImAdam; Antique Scream (bill is in four of these bands; ryan from lyburnum, unruh and SOL moved on to Landmine Marathon)

Ash Wednesday

Jeremin

Heartless Attack

hopefully someone already mentioned Fifteen Minutes Fast and Ticker Tape Parade

hmmm... maybe more later :rolleyes:

#77 phxshocker

phxshocker

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

If you're talking about Counterpunch, don't forget about Stand to Reason.

Also, Malingnus Youth was a Sierra Vista band, along with many other bands who are associated with Too-stoned.

#78 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

there was hupscratch. i saw them with frail among other bands, and the guy that sang most of the songs stopped, then it was fucking thunder, then it was bullyrag aka fucking thunder then it was just bullyrag and they put out that really good cd, then the drummer got married, i think, and john was in fifteen for a minute and then there was financial panther (maybe) for eric, which jeez, there's a band with a big ass tree, then he was in that other band with matt m, (tho kho losi and noreaster were good) that big one on that big metal label, with the girl that was in that SARS band that i saw once and it seemed like there was just a lot of screaming going on, and then eric got bummed and then he was/is(?) in that sweet band with chad.

what about that band bullyrag?

i was just thinking more about the eastside circuit and that one popped up.

this is super interesting!!!!

#79 lit up like a monument

lit up like a monument

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

i played in turbo fuck, destroy miranda and missouri loves company and we have played shows with a huge pile of these bands named. nostalgia is so much fun :)

#80 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

Watch this...
Stoma Travolta Flathead Dead Hot Workshop. SLUGGER (Yoli's Coolest Band.) Chalk Farm Haggis Sugar High, Five Speed, Womb, The Meat Puppets Fred Green, Funk Junkeez, (Iwrote theater music with Dave Sweetbleeders P.S.) , Truckers on Speed, Gloritone,
I got introduced to the Tempe bands by
The Zen Lunatics,
Which were all whirled up in the Gin Blossoms, Zubia Bro's, Pierson's thing.
I've watched you all rock. And the winner is freakin' Chad from Five Speed. and Jim Miles when he's singin' the Elliot Smith.
I have never witnessed a better local live performance, than Five Speed.
So, you evr heard of Dryspell?, Greyhound Soul? Pollen? Wanna go to Trunk Space and see the Sonic Thrills?(Michael Jonny Walker, mean ass guitar player).
Just go buy two gloritone discs and turn your phone off.

#81 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

wait... there were TWO of us Chads in Fivespeed.

Which one was it?!!
I still don't have a signature.

#82 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

Bass Playin Chicken Ranchin' Chad (?), I wanna say I saw you guys when the Marquee was just opened, it was a big venue, maybe Gibsons. I only watched two shows but they were top notch, you knocked Jesus Chrysler Supercar off the map.

#83 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Did anyone mention Breakfast of Champions yet???

By the way Donald I will help you map this all out and get it up on the wall at Trunkspace. We might just want to project it up o the wall maybe in a slide show manner. Or at least that was an idea I just had.

p.s. I still think John from Malakai must narrate.

#84 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Bass Playin Chicken Ranchin' Chad (?), I wanna say I saw you guys when the Marquee was just opened, it was a big venue, maybe Gibsons. I only watched two shows but they were top notch, you knocked Jesus Chrysler Supercar off the map.

Maybe the JEW- Bleed American CD release at the Web Theatre?

that show was off the hook!!

#85 mattm

mattm

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

there was hupscratch. i saw them with frail among other bands, and the guy that sang most of the songs stopped, then it was fucking thunder, then it was bullyrag aka fucking thunder then it was just bullyrag and they put out that really good cd, then the drummer got married, i think, and john was in fifteen for a minute and then there was financial panther (maybe) for eric, which jeez, there's a band with a big ass tree, then he was in that other band with matt m, (tho kho losi and noreaster were good) that big one on that big metal label, with the girl that was in that SARS band that i saw once and it seemed like there was just a lot of screaming going on, and then eric got bummed and then he was/is(?) in that sweet band with chad.

what about that band bullyrag?

i was just thinking more about the eastside circuit and that one popped up.

this is super interesting!!!!

I joined bullyrag with james fella when john left the band, this only lasted like a year, we formed Hell is for Heroes as a side project with Ben B who does Clew of Theseus and has collaborated with Bastard Noise. Ben quit shortly after getting married and we started financial panther with laura green, james quit to focus on work and stuff and now plays in soft shoulder and tent city. We added Mike Emo who had played with me in a Tho Ko Losi, Suicide Nation, Kareen which was a band with Jeff from Jeremin and Fifteen Minutes Fast, and Black Hell. Landmine Marathon was started as a side project with Eric, Mike, Nick from Unruh and Grace who was in osama bin sars. The band was originally playing minute long songs in the vein of combatwoundedveteran and crossed out, short fast and noisy. Nick left the band after our first tour. We signed to Level Plane records and released our first LP, shortly after the release of the Wounded LP Eric left the band and formed Roman Arms. We brought in Ryan from Unruh, Lyburnum, Withdrawn, Wellington, Uruk hai, NSK, Richard Cranium, Structure of Lies, Mercitron and all that. Ryan joining the band definitely upped the metal output of the band... we have since recorded an ep and our second full length which both were released by Level Plane. Before our second full length Rusted Eyes Awake was released we parted ways with Mike Emo so he could focus on school and training to become a firefighter. He was replaced by Dylan Thomas who is in a band called Epidemic Decay. Landmine Marathon is still a band writing new records and going on some tours fun stuff, check it out kids, far from the "just a bunch of screaming" that bob mentioned... ahh progress. Laura quit Financial Panther after a tour and was breifly replaced by Kevin Bentz from Stereotyperider and The Orange which itself spawned members of The Travelling Will.

crazy

#86 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

i didn't know Kevin played drums for FP. He's so fuckin fun to watch play drums. He was awesome in The Orange.

#87 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Did anyone mention Breakfast of Champions yet???

By the way Donald I will help you map this all out and get it up on the wall at Trunkspace. We might just want to project it up o the wall maybe in a slide show manner. Or at least that was an idea I just had.

p.s. I still think John from Malakai must narrate.

Awesome, we should figure out when we can collab on this with JRC and Steph
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#88 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

just some random phoenix and/or shizz band history thoughts
rain rose alchemy became world class thugs
dish / verona for a short time was called vitamin (a much better name i thought then)
brent miles related bands should be on here somewhere (juarez, last virgins of guadalupe, & ?? ack memory is gone....)
how about lonna kelly and the reluctant messiah's?
someone mentioned ryan kennedy ... he's been in a ton of bands including the secret fox, the threads, ruben's accomplice, pine wyatt, & aquanaut drinks coffee.
woo..talk about old...troy mentioned chalk farm. hey the lemmings were on a compilation with chalk farm (red mountain comp...remember that?)

#89 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

just some random phoenix and/or shizz band history thoughts
rain rose alchemy became world class thugs
dish / verona for a short time was called vitamin (a much better name i thought then)
brent miles related bands should be on here somewhere (juarez, last virgins of guadalupe, & ?? ack memory is gone....)
how about lonna kelly and the reluctant messiah's?
someone mentioned ryan kennedy ... he's been in a ton of bands including the secret fox, the threads, ruben's accomplice, pine wyatt, & aquanaut drinks coffee.
woo..talk about old...troy mentioned chalk farm. hey the lemmings were on a compilation with chalk farm (red mountain comp...remember that?)

I actually have the red mountain comp cd at home. Now I will have to go check and see what's on there. I only have it because I took photos for one of the bands on it.

Donald, I'm right down the street from TTS and avialable whenever Robin isn't playing. If he is playing I can still help as long as you don't mind a kid tagging along.

#90 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Did we mention The Vanity set aka The Budget Sinatra? Also Braeburn and Camera Obscura aka Mollusk..Somos Huevos Borrachos..Rum Tenor..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users